? servers

? players online

CS:S Bhop Server

• Content Count:  154

Hey everybody! The reason why I am suggesting a Bhop server on CS:S is because its been getting really popular, most of the good Bhopers are moving over there cause of this https://sourcejump.net/records.

Since its been getting really popular lately it would be great for SG to have a server for it and you can maybe get on the SourceJump servers since you only need 50 Global WRs which wouldn't be hard for a big community like SG to achieve. If there are any problems with having a CS:S Bhop server like "its gonna be dead"(which I'm sure it is at first) post it in the comments so It can be discussed.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4441

Our server is pretty dead so not much to lose in terms of interintracommunity competition but at the same time Source is an extremely small game nowadays, and this is a very niche community to start a server for. I think the major hurdle is going to be finding someone who wants to do it and getting higher-up approval. Next to that whoever heads the project would have to really dedicate to IMO, I don't think this is something that just gets populated or it doesn't. I am a CS:S player at heart still and would gladly switch my late-night invasion of the movement players on our CS:GO BHOP to another game.

• Like 4
Edited by All Ts
wtf

• Content Count:  971

we got multiple dead/drowning servers and mfs think we should make another one in a dying game of a dying gamemode.

sorry to be pessimistic but a source bhop server rly doesn't seem like a good idea imo

• Like 3

• Content Count:  154

1 hour ago, dafty said:

we got multiple dead/drowning servers and mfs think we should make another one in a dying game of a dying gamemode.

sorry to be pessimistic but a source bhop server rly doesn't seem like a good idea imo

Well people were moving to source for bhop if you read what I said in the post :/

• Content Count:  4441

19 minutes ago, M0nsterXXX said:

Well people were moving to source for bhop if you read what I said in the post :/

I think his point is that it's a small community of people on a game that is sub-100 rank on steam for player count (5000-6000 people). Obviously his post is a tad bit pessimistic but I think in being pessimistic it misses a point about making niche servers or making any server in general sometimes. If someone were to go and make this server, which likely won't happen (if we're being real) the thing that will make it work will be a genuine passion for getting right & integrating players into the community. There's no law that states that we couldn't be the ying to GFL's yang, but doesn't SourceJump defeat the purpose abit? Moving on from that.

Just want to add some additional points which could help down the line; it's likely this is useless minutia butt fuck it.

Here is CS:S Bhop rankings. For similarities sake I'll take GFL server for reference, which is the 3rd highest, US based, pretty similar to us admittedly. Take notice that while I mentioned the community for this is very niche, that GFL does pretty well. How well is pretty well though? The other US based one, LacunaHops does okay but you have to realize that a server ranked in these numbers on CS:S is still doing worlds worse than anything near that on CS:GO.

Feel free to read through this here or if you want to just go on GameTracker and look yourself:

d12a1beaf01ab9c7b476e694553d6c34.png

30 day Historical Chart for GFL (RANK 342): 

Average (past month): 5

4d55d119e0f56911496c0b9048665a0e.png

30 day Historical Chart for Lacuna (RANK 508): 

51f50d3c31a0337b1cd461082a12537b.png

To draw a comparison here is our current CS:GO bhop server (RANK 2406):

Average (past month): 3

38ae5d7a74ee889bd60aba675d30c56d.png

It's not completely impossible that we could have a bhop server on a different game and have it do well. It's just that we have a bhop server on a game where these servers do exceptionally well already and we haven't been able to capture the US audience like EGO, GFL, FN and so on have. A lot of this just comes down to having someone or a couple of someones who really loves the gamemode. I wouldn't support removing CS:GO Bhop, but I would be okay with just adding a CS:S one based on this information. Trying to increase our average players by 2 would seem a bit drastic, there are easier ways for the server to perform better.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread