? servers

? players online

Adjusting to Changing Times

• Content Count:  2206

On 9/23/2021 at 9:18 AM, Phoenix_ said:

No.

Using a compound word where you're clearly just tacking on the f-slur to another word is akin to using the word itself. 

I've been using the term oldfag and newfag for longer than you've had a computer. Not one time had anyone in 15 years thought I was trying to skirt around a harassment or homophobic rule. If you want to say your banning "compound words" to avoid confusion is one thing, but if you think for a second I've ever said that to "avoid the homophobic slur/harassment rule" you're so wrong its unreal. This level of deductive reasoning is why "up to admin discretion" is such an impossible thing to implement.

spacer.png

• Like 2
Edited by kabLe

• Content Count:  1920

18 minutes ago, kabLe said:

I've been using the term oldfag and newfag for longer than you've had a computer. Not one time had anyone in 15 years thought I was trying to skirt around a harassment or homophobic rule. If you want to say your banning "compound words" to avoid confusion is one thing, but if you think for a second I've ever said that to "avoid the homophobic slur/harassment rule" you're so wrong its unreal. This level of deductive reasoning is why "up to admin discretion" is such an impossible thing to implement.

Getting loopy in your old age, eh?

Seems like you missed the point of the thread. The point is that we are adding the f-slur and its slight variants to the banned words list, therefore any form of usage of them is inherently banned. This isn't an admin discretion thing, it's a simple rule thing. I understand those words are part of the older culture around here, but it now technically falls against the rules because it includes a banned word. Though if I called someone an "oldfag" it's not an egregious act, it still technically breaks our rules now. I was just saying it was a way to technically use the word by just tacking on "fag" to an ordinary word. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

4 minutes ago, Phoenix_ said:

Getting loopy in your old age, eh?

Seems like you missed the point of the thread. The point is that we are adding the f-slur and its slight variants to the banned words list, therefore any form of usage of them is inherently banned. This isn't an admin discretion thing, it's a simple rule thing. I understand those words are part of the older culture around here, but it now technically falls against the rules because it includes a banned word. Though if I called someone an "oldfag" it's not an egregious act, it still technically breaks our rules now. I was just saying it was a way to technically use the word by just tacking on "fag" to an ordinary word. 

If it's not an egregious act then why would you say its akin to saying faggot anyway? Let me make sure I have your words down correctly.

Using a compound word where you're clearly just tacking on the f-slur to another word is akin to using the word itself. 

I don't see any wiggle room here. According to what you thought, typed, proofread, and posted, oldfag is no different from fag.

So are you clearly not conveying your thoughts correctly or clearly misinformed?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1654

1 hour ago, kabLe said:

If it's not an egregious act then why would you say its akin to saying faggot anyway? Let me make sure I have your words down correctly.

I don't see any wiggle room here. According to what you thought, typed, proofread, and posted, oldfag is no different from fag.

So are you clearly not conveying your thoughts correctly or clearly misinformed?

Just don't say it lol 

• Like 6

Just now, kabLe said:

Not very convincing dawg

spacer.png

I'm going to assume you just tried to correlate the topic at hand (usage of the f-slur) to my wonderful gaypeen badge. If so, are you ok? 

I also didn't know I had to be convincing to tell you to stop using a slur that is very clearly now against our rules. Sooooo... just don't say it lol

• Like 3

• Content Count:  154

On 9/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, Greggy G said:

I'm going to assume you just tried to correlate the topic at hand (usage of the f-slur) to my wonderful gaypeen badge. If so, are you ok? 

If banning the word was for the reason that it was offensive to gay people then why joke about people being gay(“gaypeen”)

• Content Count:  3150

6 minutes ago, Aster said:

If banning the word was for the reason that it was offensive to gay people then why joke about people being gay(“gaypeen”)

Greggy is a homosexual so its not a joke.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Aster said:

41 minutes ago, BoM said:

Greggy is a homosexual so its not a joke.

1e387150f82c99a568006a8da63de2bd.png1e387150f82c99a568006a8da63de2bd.png

• Like 12

Reply to Thread