? servers

? players online

Adjusting to Changing Times

• Content Count:  11501

Hello everyone,

As we all know, society becomes more / less tolerant on certain things as times change. In this particular instance, I'm talking about homophobic slurs...e.g. 'faggot', 'fag', etc. I think we've all been seeing this coming for a long time, but we are officially banning use of the word 'faggot' (along with any variation of this) on every SG platform. This is a specific ban on that word, and nothing more. If caught using it, it will be treated like any other word on the banned list, however we are obviously going to be a bit understanding for a period of time while everyone integrates with the new rule.

Additionally, to clarify a policy where we may have allowed certain words in private channels (whether locked or unlocked), on the servers, etc...I am going to say this to clarify our stance: Banned words are banned throughout all of SG, whether in a private channel, public channel, locked, unlocked, in the CSGO servers, etc. Unless otherwise specifically mentioned after this thread, there is no exception or clause to that. A banned word is banned everywhere on SG.

If there are any questions, please let us know. I'm sure there are more words that people want to see added, which is fine, and you can bring them up the chain. We're taking it a bit slow and making sure that every decision we make is in the best interest of the community and its players. 

Thanks 

• Like 47

• Content Count:  565

ban the word "retard" since ****** is now banned i believe this word should be reasonably banned as well. 

People can use dumbass(no problems much more tame) but retard almost always led to a correlation to toxicity or fights.  In short,  it's basically "fight words". I see it as a word used call someone slow or mental retardation since it was(still is) used against special needs individuals, while i see calling someone a 'dumbass' someone who made a dumb/stupid action. The word "retard" is alr banned on various website/communites, how about SG as well?

Banning the word will hopefully lessen the toxicity on forums and servers

If you believe otherwise please explain why.

• Like 4
Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  249

26 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

ban the word "retard" since ****** is now banned i believe this word should be reasonably banned as well. 

People can use dumbass(no problems much more tame) but retard almost always led to a correlation to toxicity or fights.  In short,  it's basically "fight words". I see it as a word used call someone slow or mental retardation since it was(still is) used against special needs individuals, while i see calling someone a 'dumbass' someone who a dumb/stupid action. The word "retard" is alr banned on various website/communites, how about SG as well.

Banning the word will hopefully lessen the toxicity on forums and servers

No

• Like 10

Reply to Thread