? servers

? players online

[JB] T Ranks

• Content Count:  678

[Jailbreak]
Seems decently self-explanatory, terrorist ranks in contrast to CT ranks. This has probably been suggested before, feel free to drop suggestions and critics.

For CTs, you have military-esk ranks : Private, Sargent, Colonel, etc.
For Ts, you could get a little more memes with it, going the way of mobile game ads/"what are ya in for?"
1. Crook
2. Petty Thief

3. Money Launderer

4. Gangster
5. Arsonist

6. Racketeer

7. Professional

8. Mob Boss

9. Jihadist

10. Michael Myers

Obviously, this is only an example(put this list together in 20 minutes), but serves the same function as CT ranks do, allowing people to see how long they've been on a team.

• Like 5
Edited by Dom
added jailbreak clarification

• Content Count:  764

I think this would be a cool add but I don't think that many ranks would be needed, maybe 5 or 6 would be okay I don't think we need 10 ranks. However we would definitely have to make these harder to obtain than the ct ranks. The reason why is because a lot more people play T and play it sometimes 5 hours a day.

I personally think the 6 ranks should be,

1: Crook, 0 hours

2: Thief, 8 hours

3: Gangster,   48 hours

4: Arsonist, 120 hours

5: Mob Boss, 216 hours

6: Criminal Mastermind, 360 hours

Edited by Che

• Content Count:  678

25 minutes ago, Che said:

1: Crook, 0 hours

2: Thief, 8 hours

3: Gangster,   48 hours

4: Arsonist, 120 hours

5: Mob Boss, 216 hours

6: Criminal Mastermind, 360 hours

If you want to go with less ranks, the gaps need to be bigger, with your 6 ideally being at 500+ hours, in my mind

• Content Count:  345

11 hours ago, Enderspine said:

[Jailbreak]
Seems decently self-explanatory, terrorist ranks in contrast to CT ranks. This has probably been suggested before, feel free to drop suggestions and critics.

For CTs, you have military-esk ranks : Private, Sargent, Colonel, etc.
For Ts, you could get a little more memes with it, going the way of mobile game ads/"what are ya in for?"
1. Crook
2. Petty Thief

3. Money Launderer

4. Gangster
5. Arsonist

6. Racketeer

7. Professional

8. Mob Boss

9. Jihadist

10. Michael Myers

Obviously, this is only an example(put this list together in 20 minutes), but serves the same function as CT ranks do, allowing people to see how long they've been on a team.

love this remind me of gmod in a way

• Content Count:  127

I think it's an okay idea, my only fear is that the chat would start to be filled with a bunch of useless tags and colors, besides displaying playtime in a literal way.

Guard is not the "primary choice" for someone typically coming to play JB (in my view), and that's why there are ranks in place with a color and chat tag to I guess simulate a reward for playing guard. The purpose of the tags help with identifying any orders given by guards through chat, putting more distractions in the chat would simply clutter and hide the important messages. When looking at it from a ratio perspective, tags can also help Administrators identify who would be "first in line" to swap, if you wanted to base it off of experience and rule knowledge from playtime. Why should you be rewarded or get something extra for doing exactly what you expect to do when coming to play Jailbreak, and what would be the purpose of it? Gangs are already in place and do essentially the same thing without cluttering the chat. 

Edited by Chef Jordan

• Content Count:  309

I really like this idea, but I have a few suggestions. 

Instead of making them hours related we should bring back points. Making them time related just shows us who is more of a "no life", and isn't as fun as grinding and rebelling. We should add back point ranks which we had on the server in 2020. I haven't been that active on jb for a bit because it get's boring after multiple days of playtime on the server, but adding ranks back would give me a reason to start grinding again. We could also make another T competition, and the top 3 t's with the most points would get prizes.  

If we do adapt the time related ranks I think we should make them harder than CT ranks. Why? It's because most people play on T side more than CT because most people enjoy rebelling and not giving orders. Since most of the jb population plays on T side it should be harder to rank up. Maybe add an extra day or two to each T rank to try to balance the ranks.

• Content Count:  99

I agree with the what is above. I would much rather have t ranks be based on kills than playtime. The main part of being on t side is to rebel and kill the cts so have that progression makes more sense.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  958

56 minutes ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Make it based on CT kills instead of playtime and we'll have the first good suggestion for JB in months.

the idea is to bring back the old T point system and add the T rank tags based on those points rather than playtime. we're looking for feedback from you guys before we implement it. 

• Like 1
Edited by Dom

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.