? servers

? players online

[JB] T Ranks

• Content Count:  678

7 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Make it based on CT kills instead of playtime and we'll have the first good suggestion for JB in months.

originally i was only looking at a mirror of the ct ranks, but honestly this is better. i do think that players tend to gravitate toward T, not only to learn the game, but also as the instigating team. basing on kills makes the ranks more viewable as an achievement, rather than how much time you've burned away. 

an additional request to follow this, 

make a command to show top 50/100 as a menu or in chat, as well as a command to view a player in server's ct kills.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  297

Alright here's the thing. It is an amazing idea in my opinion and it gives an objective to the t's who care about the ranks.

I know what I'd put under this sentence wouldn't be put into the server.  It's worth a try.

Suggestion 1  Put the T rank Time based. Like the CT rank is now. If the person doesn't like playing CT but likes the rank system we have they got the same system as T, the side they enjoy playing.

Suggestion 2 : Put the T rank K/D based. Lets take COD or even our Retakes server as an example, lets take our retakes rank system and change the ranks. Would be amazingly fun. Lets take a new player that goes by the name Raiden_22. He claims he is the best T to ever come into the server. He can prove it with this system in the game or even any person who want's to show that they run the T side. @janseenmight even like it since he loves doing the gang race. If we do a race for the T rank like we do for gangs. It would make it 10x more fun and challenging (depending on the Ct's). This one would be amazing for the competitive players since we have a bunch.

Suggestion 3 : Put the T rank Kill based. Only runed by kills not death's like my K/D ratio suggestion. Just straight kills. It would make some people who like to kill and get mad when they get de ranked happy. Also, make some people who don't like rebelling rebel to get a higher rank . Although we don't need to push people since we got 95% of the team rebelling. It's still good to push the other 5%.

Now here's the part where the con comes in.

For Suggestion 1  we already have the CT side ranked like this. It would be better to have a different system  for the opposing  team. For Suggestion 2 some people would get very mad when they get freekilled and its effecting their ranks and complain to admins about how we need to do our job. Maybe even go into needing a punishment depending on how far they go. Especially when its happening non stop. For Suggestion 3 it wouldn't be as fun as suggestion 2, but would prevent the mass freekillers and rule breakers from fucking it up, But still not as fun at the end of the day.

That's my suggestions and I hope the advice gets put in. Either way I know the server managers will make the system good. This took a bunch of brain power and time to write this. Now I'm hungry and about to eat my fat ass turkey at the dinner table. Cya 

• Like 1
Edited by Pog.

• Content Count:  565

On 11/25/2021 at 6:54 PM, Pog. said:

Alright here's the thing. It is an amazing idea in my opinion and it gives an objective to the t's who care about the ranks.

I know what I'd put under this sentence wouldn't be put into the server.  It's worth a try.

Suggestion 1  Put the T rank Time based. Like the CT rank is now. If the person doesn't like playing CT but likes the rank system we have they got the same system as T, the side they enjoy playing.

i agree with you that there should be a different system than the rank system on guards. In my opinion, getting a high rank with playtime (like 'Captain' or 'Major') is less rewarding than a rank system associating with kills as it's just showing players that you have experience and may not make as much mistakes; however, it's appropriate  to letting ct side remain  a system with playtime and changing that  t's have a rank system on kills. 

Suggestion 2 : Put the T rank K/D based. Lets take COD or even our Retakes server as an example, lets take our retakes rank system and change the ranks. Would be amazingly fun. Lets take a new player that goes by the name Raiden_22. He claims he is the best T to ever come into the server. He can prove it with this system in the game or even any person who want's to show that they run the T side. @janseenmight even like it since he loves doing the gang race. If we do a race for the T rank like we do for gangs. It would make it 10x more fun and challenging (depending on the Ct's). This one would be amazing for the competitive players since we have a bunch.

This is a big no with extra no. This suggestion may be very good on paper but will generate a whole another level of toxicity and hostility between players. This is espically so with some people  taking some things too far against a freekill/massfreekill excluding k/d on the line for a desired rank. This will really bring down the overall tolerance(even admins) against mistakes and general trolling by some strolling players wanting to mess with a server. Including from all of this, it will make the game a little more serious and less casual with a possible group of players really dedicated with the k/d ranks. This suggestion not only complicate administrators to act accordingly with other unwanted behavior occurring by said actions but also make the server less new player friendly. good suggestion though.

Suggestion 3 : Put the T rank Kill based. Only runed by kills not death's like my K/D ratio suggestion. Just straight kills. It would make some people who like to kill and get mad when they get de ranked happy. Also, make some people who don't like rebelling rebel to get a higher rank . Although we don't need to push people since we got 95% of the team rebelling. It's still good to push the other 5%.

Honestly would love for this to be added. This really bring an incentive toward recurring players as well as CT leaning players(like me for example) to play on t side. This is a way for people to show off and isolate themselves from the server. I will have to disagree that suggestion 3 wouldn't be as fun as k/d changes up and down constantly espically by returning players and may result with new players getting a higher k/d than some regulars due to them just having many rounds accumulated in the k/d ratio.  This is contrast to the kill based that don't go down leaving players with a fair balance with the goal of the rank they so desire.

Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  345

Maybe adding two different categorys for each rank CT and T  Kills and Playtime

Keeping the same CT ranks,           And the T ranks

Private                                                      Petty Thief

Officer                                                       Burglar 

Lieutenant                                              Arsonist 
Captain                                                       Launderer 
Major                                                         Mob Boss

Then some Kill ranks could be            

150 kills- American Sniper                         150-  Headhunter

400-  Sharpshooter                                     400- Genocider

500- C.S.S Pro                                           500- kill monger 

and some others

• Content Count:  94

On 11/26/2021 at 6:52 PM, lorax said:

Maybe adding two different categorys for each rank CT and T  Kills and Playtime

Keeping the same CT ranks,           And the T ranks

Private                                                      Petty Thief

Officer                                                       Burglar 

Lieutenant                                              Arsonist 
Captain                                                       Launderer 
Major                                                         Mob Boss

Then some Kill ranks could be            

150 kills- American Sniper                         150-  Headhunter

400-  Sharpshooter                                     400- Genocider

500- C.S.S Pro                                           500- kill monger 

and some others

So would it look like Private American Sniper cry?? or would you be able to choose which tag you wanted to display

• Content Count:  345

On 11/10/2021 at 3:50 PM, lorax said:

I think weekly course challenges would be awesome, and you could possibly have a queue for the map in place would be awesome.

Monthly is definitely the move because weekly would kill value of credits, I bet you'd see a lot of pop with monthly events IF they all get custom models, that still be cool, because everyone has a higher chance to get hem.

3 hours ago, cry; said:

So would it look like Private American Sniper cry?? or would you be able to choose which tag you wanted to display

Yes, and possibly yes, the original idea was just to have those ranks to be chosen from having just 1, but that be kinda cool maybe

• Content Count:  562

Definitely have the ranks be based on playtime. The CT ranks aren't based on how well you do as a CT so why would the T side be different as well as it brings a more organized look to JB definitely a thumbs up from me. Only beef would be that my #FuckSnoopy tag wouldn't show up on T side. 

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.