? servers

? players online

Adding more cosmetics.

• Content Count:  764

I think this is a great idea, it has been quite a while since they've updated auras, hats, masks, trails, and cosmetics like those. I think it is now time for a refresher and to put in some new items. I have asked a few people if they would enjoy more cosmetics and all of them have said yes. I know this would take a while to implement but would be worth it.

Adding more of these items would just make people finally have new cosmetics than the same ones we've had for years with no change. Especially with Halloween coming up we can add Halloween themed masks, hats, auras, and other cosmetics Halloween themed. I don't see why we should not implement this into the servers.

Pros:

Players/Regulars will enjoy a change.

New items added after years.

Can use for events, and holiday's.

Cons:

Will take a long time to make.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  248

The main problem I see here are download times, even adding a new model or two makes the download speed significantly longer, which is why SMs are starting to remove models, to keep download speeds quick and make way for newer models. But we will just have to see what the SMs have to say about this.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

While this idea certainly has merit, there is a limit to the pool of cosmetics we have access to. I'm pretty sure the only easily interchangeable cosmetic is models because there's a pretty large pool of models to choose from. Stuff like trails, tracers, etc. have been around for forever and have been the same since I joined SG. I can understand the want for new cosmetics as after playing for years with the same ones they can get stale.

Unfortunately, most efforts in cosmetics go toward models and sometimes hats because that's the cosmetics that many servers stick to. 

I wanted to give an "official response" for at least the servers I manage because this has been sitting around for a while. For at least BHOP and Surf, you can expect some model changes in the near-ish future but I've actually been planning on removing some cosmetics from those servers such as cosmetics that don't ever get used such as nade trails, paintball, and some of the more distracting trails to improve download times and player experience.

Thanks for the suggestion, if any other SMs want to comment on behalf of your servers, feel free.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread