? servers

? players online

Crab Game Event

• Content Count:  565

WHAT IS IT?

If you guys have not been living under a rock, this is a fairly popular game on twitch(played by XQC for one example) and even gain a small attraction on youtube as well. From what the game description says, Crab Game is a First-Person Multiplayer game where you fight for the ultimate cash price in different minigames based on children's games, until only one player is left to claim it all. Definitely not based on any online streaming pop culture korean tv shows, as that would get me in legal trouble, so we're certainly not doing that. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1782210/Crab_Game/

When did it come out?

Recently a few days from today, October 29, 2021(fresh game)

Is it fun?

Up to you guys to determine that, use this small clip for reference of me just downloading it and entering one single server(recommend downloading the game and see yourself)

Price/Storage?

Free!/200-350 MB of space(the specs is very minimal to run smoothly)

Event/what will it be?

I personally perfer being a competition for a reward(determined by Staff) or just a weekend vibing session doing dumb crap. However, i'm leaving this to the ET on the final judgement what they feel on what it should be.

How to make a private server(Includes copying link)?

*skip to 0:50 on how to grab server code to paste*

Final notes

I personally believe this would be a fun little event that everybody would enjoy. If this event going to happen, please don't be this idiot at the end.

ps: If you believe this is a good/bad idea or alr discussed/implemented pls let me know in the comments 

• Like 3
Edited by Acer

• Content Count:  764

Well, I have a mixed opinion about this, so this is basically a new squid game that people do play and it does seem to get some attention, however my worries are that the game as you said came out on October 29th, this isn't great because it basically guarantees there to be lots of bugs and could cause lots of issues. I do think this is a good idea though because I guarantee most of the regulars on SG have most likely seen a few episodes of squid game, it's a easy game to learn just playing children's games. However our experience if we were to do this event might be ruined by often glitches and bugs because the game is very new. I don't have the game yet but @Starlegendgodif you play this game and do experience some glitches please let me know. 

One last thing, another worry I have is I currently don't know how many players are needed for a singular match but I'm guessing at least 25 players to play one of these matches, it might be hard to gather that many people to play this with the entire community. If you could respond to this and tell me how many players it would take to create a decent match that would be great.

• Like 1
Edited by Che

• Content Count:  565

23 minutes ago, Che said:

Well, I have a mixed opinion about this, so this is basically a new squid game that people do play and it does seem to get some attention, however my worries are that the game as you said came out on October 29th, this isn't great because it basically guarantees there to be lots of bugs and could cause lots of issues. I do think this is a good idea though because I guarantee most of the regulars on SG have most likely seen a few episodes of squid game, it's a easy game to learn just playing children's games. However our experience if we were to do this event might be ruined by often glitches and bugs because the game is very new. I don't have the game yet but @Starlegendgodif you play this game and do experience some glitches please let me know. 

There been a October 30th patch note that fixed some gamebreaking bugs and minor bugs and I had not seen evident bugs when I test run the game but I will play more and see if there are many bugs on the game. Thank you @Che for your input.

The patch notes located here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1782210/view/3082144548419587073

Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  1633

11 minutes ago, John said:

You didn't have to type out the event suggestion like the actual event thread 💀

Looks fun. I'd play it.

Yeah I would recommend playing it it would be a good event! I was playing it last night some of the people on there are funny.

Reply to Thread