? servers

? players online

State of SG.... (Lynxie Reference)

• Content Count:  1253

So basically, SG sucks for the most part, you can't sugar-coat it, besides the close-knit bond everyone has in the Discord server I don't think there are any good things about SG currently. Oh, besides Retakes and Scrim because the gatekeeping meta was killed whenever [REDACTED] left. Otherwise, we don't have any servers that are alive or anything good going for us, oh and JB, I guess. Shoutout TheZZL 🤮. Anyways, so I don't seem like a massive dick I'll give a suggestion on how we can start. We should start off by removing a server. That being TF2, you literally can't make any good argument as to why we still have the server. As far as TF2 regulars go that I can name I'll say PyroLooga, and he barely gets on. Whether that be school, work, other interests and activities I can tell you that the server is long gone in terms of popularity. Nobody wants to make time for it. It's most likely never going to be revived and the reason the server was made (to take advantage of the botting situation that was plaguing TF2) is no longer an issue iirc. We clearly failed to take advantage of that, and while the server collects dust, I think at least 2 threads have mentioned removing it prior to mine and shitty arguments have been put up to keep it up. Just let it go to rest, Rust is a prime example, it quickly became a dead server that only a handful of us continued trying to play and seed (i.e., Me, Krumzie, Infinity, Creten, Gween). The arguments made for TF2 was that if a few people like to get on and fuck around then there's no reason to remove the server, yeah nice argument, that could've been made for Rust, that's literally where I learned every monument before it was taken away, hell, I even had 240 hours on the server, so to whoever puts under this thread member or staff-member something along the lines of, oh this is a different situation go fuck yourself. Another issue with SG is the massive retard situation. I remember a few days ago it was Dust II, I was on Catwalk and me and this other guy got baited by W***, of course I got upset because come on man this kid trolls the community constantly and still isn't banned after a multitude of "official" warnings. Like when are you guys going to actually do something? I know I am not the only one who sees this behavior constantly being let by, your own IAs and SMs hear it, so just give him the ban and move on.... by the way that player was new to SG and hasn't logged on Retakes since then. A real shame since he was actually fun to play with. Don't ever tell me to record [REDACTED] again Poke, why waste my time when you had enough proof to just ban him. He's been an offender of the same thing at least 4x and has multiple accusations. The next thing I want to rant about is the way people get promotions, the ones that occur like Phoenix or Nate or ZZL happen because of hard work and effort. Showing up to events and servers that aren't even their own, representing our community in a mostly positive manner, being known by everyone. That's fine, I'm talking about the ones that happen because Person A played a few games with Person B and ultimately became their butt buddy(s) resulting to a promotion. Something similar happened with ZE as well, everyone with half a fucking skull saw it coming, hardworking Person X gets their chances of a promotion shit on because Person Y and Person Z played the new server that they only really just started to care about, and the higher-ups were like WOW these people are awesome. And when ZE died after it's few months of basking in former glory, the same SMs and whoever else that promised they would balance their life and whatever else with SG and stay till the end, never actually stayed. They just ended up being demoted or stepping down and receiving recognition ranks higher than the ones they had before. And for what? It's not like they truly cared about anything SG-related outside of said server.  My next issue is geared towards the people with red names, I'd like to say I left on pretty good terms and if this thread gets me banned, oh well who cares, but anyways, I'm just gonna call some of you out. First off, do you guys actually play the servers? The only person with a red name that I've seen on in months is Greggy, potentially Crazed. Do you guys truly know what goes on in the servers? I know you guys own the place but it's like a living hell while you guys sit high and mighty and barely touch on the issues within SG. Fuck dude, shoutout to the IAs and the TAs, the SMs, and the admins. They could fucking run this place at this point, and it'd really be no difference if they had you guys or not. So yeah, that's really it, continue playing Lost Ark, it doesn't really matter, our community is dead. Nobody is attracted to here because of the plethora of issues we continue to ignore and only temporarily fix. Soon every staff member is going to experience burn-out and ask to step down. It's inevitable, unless you want to promote people who just joined the forums. 

• Like 22

• Content Count:  468

17 minutes ago, Bondairy said:

And when ZE died after it's few months of basking in former glory, the same SMs and whoever else that promised they would balance their life and whatever else with SG and stay till the end, never actually stayed. They just ended up being demoted or stepping down and receiving recognition ranks higher than the ones they had before. And for what? It's not like they truly cared about anything SG-related outside of said server.

While it's obvious you've excelled at writing this well thought out essay, I would appreciate a bit more information about this section in particular my good sir J.M.C TheDon  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, thuxys said:

While it's obvious you've excelled at writing this well thought out essay, I would appreciate a bit more information about this section in particular my good sir J.M.C TheDon  

You heard everything that needed to be said, it's right there.... There's nothing else to elaborate on, I don't mean to be aggressive here but what other server do you actually care about besides ZE and maybe TF2 (?).

• Content Count:  2206

7 hours ago, thuxys said:

The fuck else you need kid you blew it we all know it. Why you the only one pretending you did something eh?

• Like 5

• Content Count:  539

8 hours ago, Bondairy said:

We should start off by removing a server. That being TF2, you literally can't make any good argument as to why we still have the server. As far as TF2 regulars go that I can name I'll say PyroLooga, and he barely gets on. Whether that be school, work, other interests and activities I can tell you that the server is long gone in terms of popularity. Nobody wants to make time for it. It's most likely never going to be revived and the reason the server was made (to take advantage of the botting situation that was plaguing TF2) is no longer an issue iirc. We clearly failed to take advantage of that, and while the server collects dust, I think at least 2 threads have mentioned removing it prior to mine and shitty arguments have been put up to keep it up. Just let it go to rest, Rust is a prime example, it quickly became a dead server that only a handful of us continued trying to play and seed (i.e., Me, Krumzie, Infinity, Creten, Gween). The arguments made for TF2 was that if a few people like to get on and fuck around then there's no reason to remove the server, yeah nice argument, that could've been made for Rust, that's literally where I learned every monument before it was taken away, hell, I even had 240 hours on the server, so to whoever puts under this thread member or staff-member something along the lines of, oh this is a different situation go fuck yourself.

I'm genuinely curious where the idea comes from that shutting down a server does anything . From my understanding, Rust is a gamemode that requires weekly maintenance in the form of resets and when no one was interested in taking that regular maintenance on the server was shut down. TF2 on the other hand could sit there, unmanaged, and still be a functioning server that events can be hosted on, or that people can join. It doesn't cost us more or less money whether the server is on or off. It isn't preventing us from making new servers if we wanted. There is no harm in leaving a server that doesn't consistently need to be managed open. You can tell me to go fuck myself all you want but it is an inherently different situation. 

So yeah, that's really it, continue playing Lost Ark, it doesn't really matter, our community is dead.

You'd have to be ignoring quite a lot to say the community is dead. Sure, our source servers aren't at the pinnacle of use that we've seen in the past but that tends to happen with games that are more than a decade old that haven't adapted for the changing state of gaming. But those servers are still there for the people who enjoy them. Take a look at our discord. There are constantly people hanging out together and playing whatever games they want to play in our community discord, being a community. So yes, I will continue playing Lost Ark. Maybe ill even meet some new people there and bring them into our discord to meet more people and play more games. And I encourage everyone else to do the same. You 4 man queue into a mm match and meet a fun 5th player, invite them into the discord to play more. 

So instead of spending a quarter of your rant whining about how you got baited on retakes once, go out and be inclusive, meet new people, talk to new people who join the discord and want to play games, bring new people into the community. Experience new games and make new friends instead of worrying about servers that aren't going to be shutting down anytime soon.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  468

1 hour ago, kabLe said:

The fuck else you need kid you blew it we all know it. Why you the only one pretending you did something eh?

I’m pretending I did something like how you’re pretending you’ve actually read his whole essay. If I catch you in one more thread about criticizing SG I’m drop kicking your head off your shoulders 

You heard everything that needed to be said, it's right there.... There's nothing else to elaborate on, I don't mean to be aggressive here but what other server do you actually care about besides ZE and maybe TF2 (?).

Usually when an SM is assigned to a particular server , it’s because they only care about that said server. I asked to be ZE SM because I care about ZE. My previous reply was asking for an elaboration because there seems to be a misconception when it comes to becoming an SM. I’d have ZZL or Creten reply since they have a better perspective on everything relating to Server Managers , but I’ll just speak from my POV. 

No one in the ZE team has ever promised to balance out their life when it comes to becoming a Server Manager. When I asked Leon to become an SM he only joined because he wanted to help ZE. He didn’t become ZE SM because he was worried about the state of SG twitter, he didn’t become ZE SM because he saw how bad JB was doing , he didn’t become ZE SM because he saw how bad Rust was doing. This is pretty much charity work for literally everyone who’s ever been in this position . If someone’s too busy or is simply burned out then they have every right to step down . Who actually cares if they have a better recognition rank afterwards because I’m sure they wouldn’t stick around SG to stare at a font color on a website.  

• Like 7
Edited by thuxys

30 minutes ago, crazedkangaroo said:

I'm genuinely curious where the idea comes from that shutting down a server does anything . From my understanding, Rust is a gamemode that requires weekly maintenance in the form of resets and when no one was interested in taking that regular maintenance on the server was shut down. TF2 on the other hand could sit there, unmanaged, and still be a functioning server that events can be hosted on, or that people can join. It doesn't cost us more or less money whether the server is on or off. It isn't preventing us from making new servers if we wanted. There is no harm in leaving a server that doesn't consistently need to be managed open. You can tell me to go fuck myself all you want but it is an inherently different situation. 

You'd have to be ignoring quite a lot to say the community is dead. Sure, our source servers aren't at the pinnacle of use that we've seen in the past but that tends to happen with games that are more than a decade old that haven't adapted for the changing state of gaming. But those servers are still there for the people who enjoy them. Take a look at our discord. There are constantly people hanging out together and playing whatever games they want to play in our community discord, being a community. So yes, I will continue playing Lost Ark. Maybe ill even meet some new people there and bring them into our discord to meet more people and play more games. And I encourage everyone else to do the same. You 4 man queue into a mm match and meet a fun 5th player, invite them into the discord to play more. 

So instead of spending a quarter of your rant whining about how you got baited on retakes once, go out and be inclusive, meet new people, talk to new people who join the discord and want to play games, bring new people into the community. Experience new games and make new friends instead of worrying about servers that aren't going to be shutting down anytime soon.

Going off what Thuxys is saying, people signed up to administrate and staff the CS:GO Servers, not be a Discord moderator, therefore furthering my point of, our servers except for Discord, JB, Retakes, Scrim, are dead. By the way if you guys didn’t lock yourselves in channels you’d see that I’m inclusive lmfao. I even had someone make a thread for R6 and played with a bunch of people there. It’s fucking nuts how my points just been proven.

Edited by Bondairy

Reply to Thread