? servers

? players online

State of SG.... (Lynxie Reference)

• Content Count:  2206

@Bondairy honestly, i'd have more respect for this post if you had been anywhere near the top. Sorry to tell you but if your rank is at risk for inactivity then you are no where near close enough to the top where you can have this amount of vitriol. You've neither put the time nor effort in.

None of us just played games with people to get promotions. @Cautionhas permed me at least 8 times since I signed up on this website, and I still made it to IA/LSM. I've never even been in the same server as any of the BD's that promoted me except for like 1 or 2. And I knew them for like 7 or 8 years before my promotions were even brought. You don't start a job and then go tell the CEO how to run the business. You definitely don't get fired and come back and try to give advice.(thats for me and @delirium let us work our magic) If you have such grand ideas, go fucking start your own community.

Kinda sad that you put more effort into this rant then you ever have into furthering the community.

/thread

• Like 6
Edited by kabLe

• Content Count:  248

14 hours ago, Bondairy said:

So basically, SG sucks for the most part, you can't sugar-coat it, besides the close-knit bond everyone has in the Discord server I don't think there are any good things about SG currently. Oh, besides Retakes and Scrim because the gatekeeping meta was killed whenever [REDACTED] left. Otherwise, we don't have any servers that are alive or anything good going for us, oh and JB, I guess. Shoutout TheZZL 🤮. Anyways, so I don't seem like a massive dick I'll give a suggestion on how we can start. We should start off by removing a server. That being TF2, you literally can't make any good argument as to why we still have the server. As far as TF2 regulars go that I can name I'll say PyroLooga, and he barely gets on. Whether that be school, work, other interests and activities I can tell you that the server is long gone in terms of popularity. Nobody wants to make time for it. It's most likely never going to be revived and the reason the server was made (to take advantage of the botting situation that was plaguing TF2) is no longer an issue iirc. We clearly failed to take advantage of that, and while the server collects dust, I think at least 2 threads have mentioned removing it prior to mine and shitty arguments have been put up to keep it up. Just let it go to rest, Rust is a prime example, it quickly became a dead server that only a handful of us continued trying to play and seed (i.e., Me, Krumzie, Infinity, Creten, Gween). The arguments made for TF2 was that if a few people like to get on and fuck around then there's no reason to remove the server, yeah nice argument, that could've been made for Rust, that's literally where I learned every monument before it was taken away, hell, I even had 240 hours on the server, so to whoever puts under this thread member or staff-member something along the lines of, oh this is a different situation go fuck yourself. Another issue with SG is the massive retard situation. I remember a few days ago it was Dust II, I was on Catwalk and me and this other guy got baited by W***, of course I got upset because come on man this kid trolls the community constantly and still isn't banned after a multitude of "official" warnings. Like when are you guys going to actually do something? I know I am not the only one who sees this behavior constantly being let by, your own IAs and SMs hear it, so just give him the ban and move on.... by the way that player was new to SG and hasn't logged on Retakes since then. A real shame since he was actually fun to play with. Don't ever tell me to record [REDACTED] again Poke, why waste my time when you had enough proof to just ban him. He's been an offender of the same thing at least 4x and has multiple accusations. The next thing I want to rant about is the way people get promotions, the ones that occur like Phoenix or Nate or ZZL happen because of hard work and effort. Showing up to events and servers that aren't even their own, representing our community in a mostly positive manner, being known by everyone. That's fine, I'm talking about the ones that happen because Person A played a few games with Person B and ultimately became their butt buddy(s) resulting to a promotion. Something similar happened with ZE as well, everyone with half a fucking skull saw it coming, hardworking Person X gets their chances of a promotion shit on because Person Y and Person Z played the new server that they only really just started to care about, and the higher-ups were like WOW these people are awesome. And when ZE died after it's few months of basking in former glory, the same SMs and whoever else that promised they would balance their life and whatever else with SG and stay till the end, never actually stayed. They just ended up being demoted or stepping down and receiving recognition ranks higher than the ones they had before. And for what? It's not like they truly cared about anything SG-related outside of said server.  My next issue is geared towards the people with red names, I'd like to say I left on pretty good terms and if this thread gets me banned, oh well who cares, but anyways, I'm just gonna call some of you out. First off, do you guys actually play the servers? The only person with a red name that I've seen on in months is Greggy, potentially Crazed. Do you guys truly know what goes on in the servers? I know you guys own the place but it's like a living hell while you guys sit high and mighty and barely touch on the issues within SG. Fuck dude, shoutout to the IAs and the TAs, the SMs, and the admins. They could fucking run this place at this point, and it'd really be no difference if they had you guys or not. So yeah, that's really it, continue playing Lost Ark, it doesn't really matter, our community is dead. Nobody is attracted to here because of the plethora of issues we continue to ignore and only temporarily fix. Soon every staff member is going to experience burn-out and ask to step down. It's inevitable, unless you want to promote people who just joined the forums. 

Damn that's crazy...

Peep this swole ass baby tho 👀

da-baby-baby.gif

• Like 5

• Content Count:  908

I'll start by saying this post was made in the worst possible way it could have been. You may have had some legitimate criticisms, but they're all overshadowed by you foaming at the mouth every other sentence. This post is just you shitting on everyone and everything in sight with little to no suggestions to fix anything you're so upset about. I'd like to add that you seem to be so worried about the state of SG and its future, yet it wasn't an hour ago that you admitted to calling people slurs on retakes. You're contributing to a toxic environment on our servers that isn't conducive to a fun atmosphere people would want to be in.

15 hours ago, Bondairy said:

We should start off by removing a server. That being TF2, you literally can't make any good argument as to why we still have the server. As far as TF2 regulars go that I can name I'll say PyroLooga, and he barely gets on. Whether that be school, work, other interests and activities I can tell you that the server is long gone in terms of popularity. Nobody wants to make time for it. It's most likely never going to be revived and the reason the server was made (to take advantage of the botting situation that was plaguing TF2) is no longer an issue iirc. We clearly failed to take advantage of that, and while the server collects dust, I think at least 2 threads have mentioned removing it prior to mine and shitty arguments have been put up to keep it up. Just let it go to rest, Rust is a prime example, it quickly became a dead server that only a handful of us continued trying to play and seed (i.e., Me, Krumzie, Infinity, Creten, Gween). The arguments made for TF2 was that if a few people like to get on and fuck around then there's no reason to remove the server, yeah nice argument, that could've been made for Rust, that's literally where I learned every monument before it was taken away, hell, I even had 240 hours on the server, so to whoever puts under this thread member or staff-member something along the lines of, oh this is a different situation go fuck yourself.

Crazed already touched on this, but removing a server does absolutely nothing. This idea has been repeated time and time again, yet nobody has made a cohesive argument for why we should remove them. TF2 is a passive server; it requires little to no work, there is little to no benefit to removing it. The only reason I can see for removing it is if we needed dedi space, which we don't. Rust is an entirely different situation; it requires weekly wiping, updating, etc. Oxide is prone to break at any fucking moment, and so are the other plethora of mods we had on the server. It just wasn't worth the manpower of keeping that server up when it provided little to no benefit to us. 

Another issue with SG is the massive retard situation. I remember a few days ago it was Dust II, I was on Catwalk and me and this other guy got baited by W***, of course I got upset because come on man this kid trolls the community constantly and still isn't banned after a multitude of "official" warnings. Like when are you guys going to actually do something? I know I am not the only one who sees this behavior constantly being let by, your own IAs and SMs hear it, so just give him the ban and move on.... by the way that player was new to SG and hasn't logged on Retakes since then. A real shame since he was actually fun to play with. Don't ever tell me to record [REDACTED] again Poke, why waste my time when you had enough proof to just ban him. He's been an offender of the same thing at least 4x and has multiple accusations.

"Why waste my time" is such an egotistical statement. You obviously cared tremendously about getting this person banned, yet you couldn't bring yourself to make a player complaint on him to fix what seems to be a huge problem in your eyes. We can't see every situation and instance of rule-breaking in this community. Still, it seems you had witnessed enough to form a strong opinion about this person, yet you felt it was beneath you to make a player complaint yourself. You point out that this person potentially drove a player away from the community. Yet, as I pointed out above, it seems you also contribute to a toxic environment on our servers. Stop grandstanding and acting as you though you care so much about the state and atmosphere of our servers when you actively hurt it.

The next thing I want to rant about is the way people get promotions, the ones that occur like Phoenix or Nate or ZZL happen because of hard work and effort. Showing up to events and servers that aren't even their own, representing our community in a mostly positive manner, being known by everyone. That's fine, I'm talking about the ones that happen because Person A played a few games with Person B and ultimately became their butt buddy(s) resulting to a promotion. Something similar happened with ZE as well, everyone with half a fucking skull saw it coming, hardworking Person X gets their chances of a promotion shit on because Person Y and Person Z played the new server that they only really just started to care about, and the higher-ups were like WOW these people are awesome. And when ZE died after it's few months of basking in former glory, the same SMs and whoever else that promised they would balance their life and whatever else with SG and stay till the end, never actually stayed. They just ended up being demoted or stepping down and receiving recognition ranks higher than the ones they had before. And for what? It's not like they truly cared about anything SG-related outside of said server. 

The people who are currently staff absolutely deserved their position. You've been non-staff for so long you have no clue what these people do or how the staff ranks work in general. Some people move up the ranks quickly because they're incredibly passionate and dedicated to showing what they can offer. You act like we have a system of nepotism where you have to "Play X with X to get promoted lol" or dickride a manager to move up the ranks; that's not the case. The person you're so heavily shitting on in the OP and replies is a fantastic staff member who busted his ass to get where he is today. I'm not sure what or who you're referring to when you talk about ZE. Still, it has been given a ton of attention over the past year by extremely talented and experienced people and, unfortunately, hasn't worked out.

As Black Rain pointed out, we call each other out on our biases. There have been many instances (recently, in fact) where someone admits their bias or is called out on it and puts it aside to complete whatever task is at hand, especially at the IA level.

My next issue is geared towards the people with red names, I'd like to say I left on pretty good terms and if this thread gets me banned, oh well who cares, but anyways, I'm just gonna call some of you out. First off, do you guys actually play the servers? The only person with a red name that I've seen on in months is Greggy, potentially Crazed. Do you guys truly know what goes on in the servers? I know you guys own the place but it's like a living hell while you guys sit high and mighty and barely touch on the issues within SG. Fuck dude, shoutout to the IAs and the TAs, the SMs, and the admins. They could fucking run this place at this point, and it'd really be no difference if they had you guys or not. So yeah, that's really it, continue playing Lost Ark, it doesn't really matter, our community is dead. Nobody is attracted to here because of the plethora of issues we continue to ignore and only temporarily fix. Soon every staff member is going to experience burn-out and ask to step down. It's inevitable, unless you want to promote people who just joined the forums. 

You act as if "Playing the servers" is the only standard to apply when measuring activity and involvement in the community. The BDs work with every level of staff to plan and execute beneficial ideas for the community. They are at most if not all CA meetings, constantly involved with CA/SM/IA discussions, and do tremendous work behind the scenes. This BD team is possibly the most active one we've had in years, and most of the time, they're available to handle anything that comes up. You're speaking from an incredibly narrow perspective; you have absolutely no clue what they do, so stop talking out of your ass.

Greggy and Rain have both been on retakes a decent amount in the last month or so, so I don't get what you're getting at. The BD team consists of 5 people, excluding Gator and Caution, and 2 of those have played the servers pretty recently AND have been reasonably active in discord. What more do you want?

1 hour ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Deflection: The Thread

Deflection? We've all touched on pretty much every single point that JMC brought up, despite his post being riddled with inaccuracies and assumptions and despite him providing no coherent solutions to any problem he's brought up. If you have any solutions (that aren't just banning annoying people and acting like that'll solve the bigger problem), please let us hear them.

This post could've been done without the vitriolic statements and personal attacks and probably would have resulted in a better overall discussion of the actual problems that we're facing today.

• Like 3
Edited by Infinityward

• Content Count:  971

21 minutes ago, Infinityward said:

Deflection? We've all touched on pretty much every single point that JMC brought up, despite his post being riddled with inaccuracies and assumptions and despite him providing no coherent solutions to any problem he's brought up. If you have any solutions (that aren't just banning annoying people and acting like that'll solve the bigger problem), please let us hear them.

This post could've been done without the vitriolic statements and personal attacks and probably would have resulted in a better overall discussion of the actual problems that we're facing today.

Listen I think this post was funny and had some weight, but I don't want it to look like I'm taking jmc's side on this 100% because I don't approve of his approach here and I think a lot of his accusations are hearsay and unfounded claims. 

This reeks of a similar post Lynxie made a few months ago about TTT where he just opened fire on anyone related to SG and took the aggressive asshole approach to the point where it lost any respect for discussion the validity of his points might've had. 

I meant deflection in the way of pretending they hold no responsibility rather than ignoring the issues, which is absolutely what's going on here.

• Content Count:  1633

Bro please break up your paragraph next time. It's easier on the eyes.

You aren't the one paying the bills; the only person who gets affected from choosing to keep servers up is Caution. Literally zero downside to keeping any dead server up if someone has plans for it.

What I see here is a lot of assumptions about stuff being ignored behind the scenes. You should already know how often CAs talk about so many of your brought up issues in the community. You wouldn't probably know but SMs had to constantly give reports and updates on their servers. To say this very obvious stuff is being "ignored" is probably just you leashing anger out without having any basis behind it. There's a lot more complexity behind this stuff than cutting a few servers and banning a few people.

You realize all the BDs are old and have pretty busy lives right? Hell, I'm only 21 and I wouldn't be able to find time to do SM work anymore. Besides, you don't need the BDs to be active on the servers. You have a whole hierarchy of staff from admins always on the servers to the BDs overseeing large community issues. As long as dialogue between all those ranks remains open - which it probably still is - almost all issues will be noticed and brought up at some point.

Also it would have been more interesting to see you leaving names in this post. Full send it. See you guys on March's state of the servers thread.

• Content Count:  965

18 hours ago, Bondairy said:

So basically, SG sucks for the most part, you can't sugar-coat it, besides the close-knit bond everyone has in the Discord server I don't think there are any good things about SG currently. Oh, besides Retakes and Scrim because the gatekeeping meta was killed whenever [REDACTED] left. Otherwise, we don't have any servers that are alive or anything good going for us, oh and JB, I guess. Shoutout TheZZL 🤮. Anyways, so I don't seem like a massive dick I'll give a suggestion on how we can start. We should start off by removing a server. That being TF2, you literally can't make any good argument as to why we still have the server. As far as TF2 regulars go that I can name I'll say PyroLooga, and he barely gets on. Whether that be school, work, other interests and activities I can tell you that the server is long gone in terms of popularity. Nobody wants to make time for it. It's most likely never going to be revived and the reason the server was made (to take advantage of the botting situation that was plaguing TF2) is no longer an issue iirc. We clearly failed to take advantage of that, and while the server collects dust, I think at least 2 threads have mentioned removing it prior to mine and shitty arguments have been put up to keep it up. Just let it go to rest, Rust is a prime example, it quickly became a dead server that only a handful of us continued trying to play and seed (i.e., Me, Krumzie, Infinity, Creten, Gween). The arguments made for TF2 was that if a few people like to get on and fuck around then there's no reason to remove the server, yeah nice argument, that could've been made for Rust, that's literally where I learned every monument before it was taken away, hell, I even had 240 hours on the server, so to whoever puts under this thread member or staff-member something along the lines of, oh this is a different situation go fuck yourself.

As long as we aren't wasting resources to keep the server up there's no real harm in keeping it up, and no real reason for it to be taken down. I'm not exactly sure why this is a shitty argument as you didn't go into any detail why you think that, so if you could elaborate that'd be fantastic. I'm unfamiliar with what went down with Rust so I can't really comment on that, but as far as TF2 goes you're going to have to provide a better argument than "You guys removed this server so you should remove this one too!"

Another issue with SG is the massive retard situation. I remember a few days ago it was Dust II, I was on Catwalk and me and this other guy got baited by W***, of course I got upset because come on man this kid trolls the community constantly and still isn't banned after a multitude of "official" warnings. Like when are you guys going to actually do something? I know I am not the only one who sees this behavior constantly being let by, your own IAs and SMs hear it, so just give him the ban and move on.... by the way that player was new to SG and hasn't logged on Retakes since then. A real shame since he was actually fun to play with. Don't ever tell me to record [REDACTED] again Poke, why waste my time when you had enough proof to just ban him. He's been an offender of the same thing at least 4x and has multiple accusations.

Admins and staff aren't omniscient, we don't see or know everything that goes on. If one staff member warned a player one day and another staff member warned the same player on a different day not knowing he had a previous warning how the fuck is that on the admin warning the player? If there were some way to log warnings I'd understand where you're coming from, but without that this is just silly. Black Rain is completely right when she tells you to make a player complaint, and if you don't have proof bring it up to an IA. That'll at the very least put the player on our radars so we can keep an eye out. Hell as a former staff member you should know that this is something we've had no issue doing in the past, as there are plenty of threads in the admin section made to alert other admins of frequent rulebreakers.

As for the Poke thing that's something you can take up with him or the IAs directly, there is no reason to bring it up in a public thread.

The next thing I want to rant about is the way people get promotions, the ones that occur like Phoenix or Nate or ZZL happen because of hard work and effort. Showing up to events and servers that aren't even their own, representing our community in a mostly positive manner, being known by everyone. That's fine, I'm talking about the ones that happen because Person A played a few games with Person B and ultimately became their butt buddy(s) resulting to a promotion. Something similar happened with ZE as well, everyone with half a fucking skull saw it coming, hardworking Person X gets their chances of a promotion shit on because Person Y and Person Z played the new server that they only really just started to care about, and the higher-ups were like WOW these people are awesome. And when ZE died after it's few months of basking in former glory, the same SMs and whoever else that promised they would balance their life and whatever else with SG and stay till the end, never actually stayed. They just ended up being demoted or stepping down and receiving recognition ranks higher than the ones they had before. And for what? It's not like they truly cared about anything SG-related outside of said server. 

Source: dude trust me

Unless you want to start naming names or pointing to specific instances this is nothing more than a crackpot conspiracy theory.

As for ZE...what the fuck are you talking about? "Everyone with half a fucking skull saw it coming" headass. In an effort to defend some of my fellow and former staff members, who the hell "promised they would balance their life and whatever else with SG and stay till the end"? After the big ass push where the entire ZE staff team devoted so much of their time into populating and reviving the server only for all that effort to yield no long-term success, we all burnt out and stopped playing. Some have stuck around but others like myself don't have the motivation to push like that again only to yield similar results and I'd hardly consider that our fault. We're human beings doing this as volunteers, not machines made to do a task.

My next issue is geared towards the people with red names, I'd like to say I left on pretty good terms and if this thread gets me banned, oh well who cares, but anyways, I'm just gonna call some of you out. First off, do you guys actually play the servers? The only person with a red name that I've seen on in months is Greggy, potentially Crazed. Do you guys truly know what goes on in the servers? I know you guys own the place but it's like a living hell while you guys sit high and mighty and barely touch on the issues within SG. Fuck dude, shoutout to the IAs and the TAs, the SMs, and the admins. They could fucking run this place at this point, and it'd really be no difference if they had you guys or not.

How the hell would you know what goes on in higher-up sections? You're so confident in your claim that they aren't doing shit when I could easily pick any board member (aside from Caution or Gator who are busy with things outside of SG) and guarantee that they have contributed extensively to discussions within the past 3 months.

So yeah, that's really it, continue playing Lost Ark, it doesn't really matter, our community is dead. Nobody is attracted to here because of the plethora of issues we continue to ignore and only temporarily fix. Soon every staff member is going to experience burn-out and ask to step down. It's inevitable, unless you want to promote people who just joined the forums. 

I completely agree with Infinityward, your attitude both in this thread and on the servers is abhorrent. So please check yourself before telling us that we aren't doing things correctly, because I know for a fact that my fellow staff members and myself don't spend hours of our time in meetings and discussions regarding the problems and future of SG just to be told we aren't doing anything to improve this place.

5 hours ago, ㅤDAFTㅤ said:

Deflection: The Thread

def.png

• Like 2
Edited by ThRza

• Content Count:  5379

15 minutes ago, kabLe said:

yall just needa 4 for 4 holy fuck

HI-C and sweet and sour right?

Feel like this threads been answered a million times at this point. There are some very valid concerns regarding the state of the community that do need to be addressed but this was not the way to go about it. Aside from coming off as noctember v2 (minus the actual useful skills he possesses) you’re clearly not happy with the direction the community is going and that’s okay… what’s not okay is the way you’re wording your post and the amount of topics that you have absolutely no bearing or authority to even begin talking about since you have no fucking clue how things work at the very top of this community.

If you actually want your opinion to matter come up with viable solutions and work your way back up the chain so that they actually get traction. Hell, @kabLe and I could sit here and offer advice all day and even as a former ATM and BD respectively our shits not going to get pushed because we’re no longer staff. Be the change you wanna see before coming on here and blowing your load for nothing, I know you’re not an adult yet but please don’t act like a fucking toddler.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread