? servers

? players online

State of SG.... (Lynxie Reference)

• Content Count:  1253

18 minutes ago, thuxys said:

I’m pretending I did something like how you’re pretending you’ve actually read his whole essay. If I catch you in one more thread about criticizing SG I’m drop kicking your head off your shoulders 

Usually when an SM is assigned to a particular server , it’s because they only care about that said server. I asked to be ZE SM because I care about ZE. My previous reply was asking for an elaboration because there seems to be a misconception when it comes to becoming an SM. I’d have ZZL or Creten reply since they have a better perspective on everything relating to Server Managers , but I’ll just speak from my POV. 

No one in the ZE team has ever promised to balance out their life when it comes to becoming a Server Manager. When I asked Leon to become an SM he only joined because he wanted to help ZE. He didn’t become ZE SM because he was worried about the state of SG twitter, he didn’t become ZE SM because he saw how bad JB was doing , he didn’t become ZE SM because he saw how bad Rust was doing. This is pretty much charity work for literally everyone who’s ever been in this position . If someone’s too busy or is simply burned out then they have every right to step down . Who actually cares if they have a better recognition rank afterwards because I’m sure they wouldn’t stick around SG to stare at a font color on a website.  

Yeah I do understand Thuxys, people sign up for the specific server, I don’t really know, I just think it’d be nice if they helped out on different things within the community instead of just one specific thing is what I was really getting at.

Edited by Bondairy

• Content Count:  819

10 hours ago, dolo said:

I mean someone had to say it. Enough meat riding and I can get CA too 😹😹😹😹😹😹.

Best option is to just give me owner at this point.

Test the theory out see what happens? If meat riding is your thing that is.

1 hour ago, Bondairy said:

By the way if you guys didn’t lock yourselves in channels

Really?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  905

A lot of the pop issue is just cs community servers dying in na. Even though cs is still growing and there is still players who would want to play it’s way less then before. Management isn’t doing everything it can to attract those remaining players but it has to be said there’s not a whole lot left. 

• Like 1

Dolo's theory is correct, that's the only way to "get around" here. You get a few people as manager ranks just promoting their friends and soon the entire structure is made up of non-qualified people who do the minimum. Look at the guy who makes spreadsheets constantly, has less than a year at this community, and has gotten CA faster than almost anyone here, ever. You and [REIDACTED] would sure know a thing or two about it eh? And what do you mean really? How can you defend Crazed? I vouch every time I'm in a channel to unlock it so people can join. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  819

13 minutes ago, Bondairy said:

Look at the guy who makes spreadsheets constantly, has less than a year at this community, and has gotten CA faster than almost anyone here, ever. You and [REIDACTED] would sure know a thing or two about it eh?

Sorry I don't know which two you are referencing care to elaborate?

If you think my promotion was unjust then simply talk about it I am all ears.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  169

24 minutes ago, Bondairy said:

Dolo's theory is correct, that's the only way to "get around" here. You get a few people as manager ranks just promoting their friends and soon the entire structure is made up of non-qualified people who do the minimum. Look at the guy who makes spreadsheets constantly, has less than a year at this community, and has gotten CA faster than almost anyone here, ever. You and [REIDACTED] would sure know a thing or two about it eh? And what do you mean really? How can you defend Crazed? I vouch every time I'm in a channel to unlock it so people can join. 

As with business in real life, the majority of jobs (or in this case, roles) are from networking. People become close with higher ups and then get more known in the community. Unless you have higherups ignoring rulebreakers because they’re friends with them, I don’t have a problem with friends of higherups being promoted as long as they truly are putting in the work. As for the the locking mechanic for public VCs in the discord, I think that’s a stupid addition. If people want to have private conversations then they should just head over to a side server instead of trying to gatekeep a VC. By letting more people in, we’d be getting more users actively apart of the VCs and then the servers.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hawks said:

Sorry I don't know which two you are referencing care to elaborate?

If you think my promotion was unjust then simply talk about it I am all ears.

You know exactly who I'm talking about. I think it's fair to say this person has little to no experience with SG, they just came around shortly after Covid-19 pandemic came out. They helped with the Wingman tournament with borderline okay casting, and they made spreadsheets on the event. They get scared when you discuss shooting up drugs in your left arm. They are terrible at admin-ing the servers and don't know when friends are joking or are being rash. This guy breaks up "fights" that aren't even fights. Need I make this any clearer, you are lying to yourself. 

• Like 9
Edited by Bondairy

• Content Count:  5379

SG is definitely on a down swing but by no means does that indicate that it’s dead. Should probably chill out with the dick swinging in here though cause it’s not gonna get you anywhere other than looked at as an annoying pestilent child considering you’ve made no actual attempts to further the community on any meaningful level. 

problem is the same as it’s always been. Qualified people who know their shit either get burned out here or relationships behind the scenes lead to one side falling out. We’ve lost a ton of objectively good staff here over minor issues through the years and it’s starting to add up since people like you who obviously care do not do things like apply for staff and work towards making the community viable for the next generation.

don’t listen to me tho I’m a retard

• Like 12

• Content Count:  6759

12 hours ago, Bondairy said:

My next issue is geared towards the people with red names, I'd like to say I left on pretty good terms and if this thread gets me banned, oh well who cares, but anyways, I'm just gonna call some of you out. First off, do you guys actually play the servers? The only person with a red name that I've seen on in months is Greggy, potentially Crazed. Do you guys truly know what goes on in the servers? I know you guys own the place but it's like a living hell while you guys sit high and mighty and barely touch on the issues within SG.

No, I don't play on the servers because life takes priority for myself and the rest of us. We're all grown adults much older than you with bigger responsibilities to fill while running the community as a team. This happens in every single rank of the community and not just at our rank; people in IA, SM, and even CA have the same thing going for them. We're not all of the same age, it's a wide-spread in the numbers. It's why we've expanded the BD team numerous times to fill in gaps when necessary. You can only do this enough times till you run out of people to keep the community running in good hands. Keywords: GOOD HANDS. Besides, you've been CA before and you were practically inactive half the time of your position (hint: they wanted to demote you for inactivity), so you trying to calling us out for practically doing the same thing is coming off as ironic, is it not? 

Another issue with SG is the massive retard situation. I remember a few days ago it was Dust II, I was on Catwalk and me and this other guy got baited by W***, of course I got upset because come on man this kid trolls the community constantly and still isn't banned after a multitude of "official" warnings. Like when are you guys going to actually do something? I know I am not the only one who sees this behavior constantly being let by, your own IAs and SMs hear it, so just give him the ban and move on....

Make a player complaint? When are YOU going to actually do something about it by taking initiative yourself? You can't just expect us to perm someone based on your word in this thread. Actions add up and if the IA team feels its necessary to extend that ban into a perm then they will. The kid got banned off Discord recently anyways, but no it does not translate onto the servers until it gets reported with evidence unless witnessed by an actual admin. Some admins are lenient while others aren't. I'm sure as hell not going to berate someone over the way the admin because it's different for how everyone does it. You've been in staff long enough to know how things work here.

I'm talking about the ones that happen because Person A played a few games with Person B and ultimately became their butt buddy(s) resulting to a promotion.

It's actually hilarious when people assume this is how things are ran. The amount of times we see this and just get a chuckle out of it because only people who are in a leadership position know exactly how promotions work. You only see this because it's from your perspective on the outside. This doesn't happen here. Why? Because we call each other out on our biases if we're blind. 99.9% of the time we acknowledge when we're biased but KNOW when to put it aside to make logical decisions. That's the point of being in a leadership position. Have I been biased before? Yes, once. Was I called out on it? Abso-fucking-lutely by Caution.

It's not only based on merit but also the desire to step-in and help when people acknowledge help is needed. Why should we turn someone away that is offering to help take over when we're at a crossroads with no other potential path do go down? You play the odds when you can.

Something similar happened with ZE as well, everyone with half a fucking skull saw it coming, hardworking Person X gets their chances of a promotion shit on because Person Y and Person Z played the new server that they only really just started to care about, and the higher-ups were like WOW these people are awesome.

Ignorance is bliss.

I know you guys own the place but it's like a living hell while you guys sit high and mighty and barely touch on the issues within SG

We do but with the CAs and SMs. Not with the community because touch upon topics like this during every community meeting. Something you should know since.. you know.. you were CA at one point? Or did you forget how this works?

They could fucking run this place at this point, and it'd really be no difference if they had you guys or not.

Lol no. It doesn't work like that but you keep thinking that if that's what you truly believe.

Fuck dude, shoutout to the IAs and the TAs, the SMs, and the admins.

Agreed.

They could fucking run this place at this point, and it'd really be no difference if they had you guys or not

It's like you forgot we were at these ranks at some point, therefore we know what is expected and what we would like to do to go beyond that.

So yeah, that's really it, continue playing Lost Ark, it doesn't really matter, our community is dead. Nobody is attracted to here because of the plethora of issues we continue to ignore and only temporarily fix. Soon every staff member is going to experience burn-out and ask to step down. It's inevitable, unless you want to promote people who just joined the forums. 

It's almost as if people are not allowed to have their own leisure time outside of SG and have to be robotic towards the community. People can do as they please and play whatever the fuck they want while they're still here in SG. I do not give a flying fuck if someone poured in 500 hours towards Lost Ark or any other video game but still maintain their responsibilities in SG. People like that exist. You keep assuming shit is being ignored or temporarily fixed when that's not the case. We are all actively engaged through MULTIPLE channels. Just because you don't see us talking in one specific channel doesn't mean we're not there. Yes, we can and should be more open and vocal about the things we have in works, but to constantly have this shitty mindset about it because this is your perspective only makes you look like an asshole tbh. 

• Like 7

Reply to Thread