? servers

? players online

Community Meeting - June 18th @ 5 PM EDT

• Content Count:  6759

On 6/14/2022 at 12:09 AM, Black Rain said:

If there are any topics of interest then comment below and we'll go over it on the agenda.

hi just saying... unless you people are shy to bring up something that we can discuss smh. otherwise just expect it to be mainly a Q&A thing

• Content Count:  1105

39 minutes ago, Black Rain said:

hi just saying... unless you people are shy to bring up something that we can discuss smh. otherwise just expect it to be mainly a Q&A thing

Can you give a general list or idea of the topics the BDs have already decided on discussing? Hopefully it'll help spark some topics or questions. 

• Content Count:  6759

1 hour ago, Steven. said:

Can you give a general list or idea of the topics the BDs have already decided on discussing? Hopefully it'll help spark some topics or questions. 

Specifically our agenda is going to be re-iterating what we've been saying these past few weeks from the multiple posts & threads regarding the current state of the community and what we've done so far. A topic I will bring up is re-working the current admin application system as Greg and I are planning to convert the current system to server-specific admins. Only have the barebones right now because I haven't had a chance to draft up a proper outline and I'm finally free from my studies for a few months lol (blesssss)

This meeting is mainly for you guys to talk to us about anything so we know and understand what you're all thinking since time has passed. We were hoping to see any topics brought up so we could go over it beforehand but it's going to look like it'll happen on the spot 

• Content Count:  3150

29 minutes ago, Dominic said:

In the nicest way possible, how the hell are we less than an hour from this meeting and there's no sort of structured agenda?

I hope you're not there.

• Content Count:  3294

Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PZksFDoNfL_fsyepsnTV0ae0nsfgIteFiU_BQrg4Lgc/edit?usp=sharing

Video:

Community Meeting 6/18/22

New Ranks

• Server Representatives, coming soon?
    • No timeline provided

• CAs will be turned into a “Council of Community Members” similar to how GFL functions

• Monthly meetings with the BDs

• Less server focus

• Public meetings that anyone can listen in on

• Election system to allow the community to have a voice in things

Servers

• ZE Server is being scrapped officially but will stay available for events

• The NA Community Server scene is not as healthy as it used to be

• We want to maintain JB, TTT, Movement servers

• Thinking about consolidating down to one dedi to save money

• Squad 3.0 Update coming out next week, which will bring some stimulus to the server’s population

New Admin Application System

• Switching to server specific admins to encourage players to apply from servers outside the big ones or from our Movement servers

Restructuring Events Team

• Only mentioned

Twitch/Streaming

• Streaming Events brings more views

• There are no streamers to do any of this

• Uploading streaming clips to youtube/TikTok

• This was spoken on ages ago, never happened as Error has been away

Returning Staff

• Old community members that return are often asked to come back as staff or are given staff if they ask for it

• Looking for more staff members with nuanced or novel perspectives 

Actually Pushing Out Projects

• Title

Doubling Down on CS? - Fantastic

• Should not double down on CS, shut down dedis, and focus on Squad

• A focus outside of CS, or on games that don’t have community servers, is where most people are gaming today

Conclusion

• Consolidate servers to 1 dedi

• Release Server Representatives that can also be representatives for non-community server based games

• Work on getting the community focused on just gaming, doesn’t have to be on a game that has community servers

• Like 10
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  2342

16 hours ago, TheZZL said:
  • Consolidate servers to 1 dedi

• Release Server Representatives that can also be representatives for non-community server based games

• Work on getting the community focused on just gaming, doesn’t have to be on a game that has community servers

this is an excellent takeaway, and a good stepping stone between where we are now and where we should be in the future. this meeting was one of the most frustrating i've had at SG - it feels like there's too many people in the driver seat at the moment. we just need someone to grab SG by the nuts and run with it. i voiced my tl;dr in the community meeting channel, but to sum it up: CS:GO won't work. it hasn't worked for the past 2 years, and it will continue to not work in the future as the downward trend continues. whichever people in the community who are voicing their support for the continuation of CS:GO aren't getting the big picture that we are out of time, we are out of cash, and CS:GO is no longer the cash cow that it once was. there is no way you will pay the costs of hosting the dedi from CS:GO... it's a waste of time to focus on. if we really are a community that only exists as long as we have CS:GO community servers, then we have no future. i hope the community can compromise on an approach which makes sense to transform SG into a general gaming community, and not one which harps on the continued investment in a dead game

btw: please check out v rising, that game is popping off and it happens to have community servers 🙂 it's really fun, i'm addicted rn

• Like 2

Reply to Thread