? servers

? players online

Lightyear: Ain't no son of mine seeing two girls kiss

• Content Count:  2167

What's worse than a shameless movie spin off to a beloved childhood Disney film? Two grown women kissing each other, of course. This latest movie from Disney has been making its rounds on the internet and stirring fights everywhere after Disney included a previously cut scene regarding the expression of a relationship between two parents, who happen to both be women.

The review bombing is small but at an audience score of 4.9 on metacritic, you can read some comments for yourself: https://www.metacritic.com/movie/lightyear-2022/user-reviews?dist=negative

You can also see more reviews on RT albeit they don't seem to have any valuable sorting method so it's a bit annoying to find negative reviews given its highly positive rating: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lightyear/reviews?type=user

For decades kids movies have shown heterosexual relationships between parents, teenagers, and even kids. Playful childhood relationships only ever between a boy and a girl. As soon as you show even two gay parents in a kid's movie people lose their mind saying "NOT IN A KID'S MOVIE" as if showing someone who is gay is still too indecent for kids.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1583

The scene was deleted so that it could be shown in bigoted countries such as those in Asia and The Middle East that think that it's a good idea to promote traditional family structures and don't like the idea of normalizing or promoting deviant behavior.

Personally, I think they should have left it in to send the message that bigots don't get to enjoy cool new Disney movies.

• Content Count:  1920

1 hour ago, Gentoo said:

The scene was deleted so that it could be shown in bigoted countries such as those in Asia and The Middle East that think that it's a good idea to promote traditional family structures and don't like the idea of normalizing or promoting deviant behavior.

Personally, I think they should have left it in to send the message that bigots don't get to enjoy cool new Disney movies.

my brother in christ they literally filmed near a concentration camp in china do you think they care about ethics? 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  452

Why're you labeling negative reviews as review bombing? People can have differing opinions. Parents/Guardians have every right to screen material for their children, and decide what's appropriate for them.

• Content Count:  461

Just now, Gumline said:

Why're you labeling negative reviews as review bombing? People can have differing opinions. Parents/Guardians have every right to screen material for their children, and decide what's appropriate for them.

It's a wonder why these types of negative review bombings only happen with movies that have off-hand gay characters in them....

I'm not gonna be one to say that Pixar has been trending up in quality over the years, but this is literally just a typical Pixar movie that happens to have gay characters in it. And now all of a sudden this one is boring? Just scrolling through the reviews you find people just simply telling you that it is "LGBT Activism" in the movie and that they don't think that it's even remotely okay for kids to even be familiar with what gay people are.

firefox_N5RL4fTzF2.png

firefox_oJlG1elKTN.png

(All four of these reviews were in a row)

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1920

14 hours ago, Gumline said:

There's a difference between gore and pretending that something outside of the concept of heteronormativity doesn't exist. 

• Like 3
Edited by Phoenix_
grammar

• Content Count:  452

15 minutes ago, fozilla mirefox said:

It's a wonder why these types of negative review bombings only happen with movies that have off-hand gay characters in them....

I'm not gonna be one to say that Pixar has been trending up in quality over the years, but this is literally just a typical Pixar movie that happens to have gay characters in it. And now all of a sudden this one is boring? Just scrolling through the reviews you find people just simply telling you that it is "LGBT Activism" in the movie and that they don't think that it's even remotely okay for kids to even be familiar with what gay people are.

firefox_N5RL4fTzF2.png

firefox_oJlG1elKTN.png

(All four of these reviews were in a row)

You're trying to minimize the opinions of others the same as OP. Whether or not your statement of review bombing only happens with respect to gay characters in them is factual doesn't minimize their opinion.

Understand that parents/guardians can raise their children how they please within the confines of the law.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  461

1 minute ago, Gumline said:

You're trying to minimize the opinions of others the same as OP. Whether or not your statement of review bombing only happens with respect to gay characters in them is factual doesn't minimize their opinion.

Understand that parents/guardians can raise their children how they please within the confines of the law.

You're right, I'm not gonna let my kids watch any movies with black people in them. Can't let them see that kinda thing.

EDIT: THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!

• Like 6
Edited by fozilla mirefox

• Content Count:  2167

1 minute ago, Gumline said:

Can you explain to me what exactly their opinion on the movie is?

It must take me four years of film study to determine the intricacies of this in-depth and loquacious review that goes into great detail of the movie's characters and plot. Really, after reading the review I've certainly been convinced this is a 0 star movie!!

spacer.png

• Like 2

Reply to Thread