? servers

? players online

Gaming has sucked recently...

• Content Count:  1051

I mean this isn't a new topic, it's probably the most talked about topic for gaming, gaming has been so bland. Nothing has felt the same in so long, and it's gotten to the point where I find more enjoyment downloading games than I do playing them. There is one game I am excited to play though, and that's Stray. Preordered it, and I wanna see how well it fares.

Any games you guys been excited for? Or has gaming sucked for you as well?

737a6827f410c3be1faf23c436387042479b1319

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1162

Before listening to Steve Lacy i was hopeless.

No job, no home, no friends. I was a loser, ignored by everyone and loved by no one, not even myself. Every second i questioned my living on this earth, and if i should still be here, alive. After playing the intro of Gemini Rights, the indescribable, bewildering, staggering and awe-inspring sound made me realize I have a purpose to live, a reason to stay on this earth and a way to become happy. I got up off my ass, made friends, became popular, got a job and im even rich now. I live in a mansion with uncountable amounts of women. Everyone loves me and I own 5 islands. Thank you steve.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2695

havent played a game ive genuinely enjoyed in a very long time. i'll come home from work and just sit and listen to music. so far this year ive listened to songs 24,900 different times. it's a lot compared to most people. something like 3500 songs listened to a month. i listen to music all day at work and then when i get home. whenever i can honestly. if i'm at my computer i'm listening to music because it's weird if i don't i dont like the silence unless im on my phone on my bed and even then i usually put on some music. here are my top 10 most listened to albums of the year so far:

chrome_t3iV8m25m3.png

music is really the only thing lately that i have found joy in besides putting work into my own business. i started my business back in may and i'm getting closer to launching my first set of products and whatnot. ive been working on it in my free time and honestly i've just been lazy. also, shit is expensive. i dropped $1500 on a single heatpress and i still have to buy inventory. im going to (hopefully) make it all b ack but i dont mind if i dont because i just want to have something that i can call my own, ya know. i've been enjoying doing my own accounting, tax handling, inventory managing, all this shit. i love it. ive been doing 60 hour work weeks at work because we have a shit ton of things to do and i'm the only one. i dont have anything else to do so im not really complaining but it's tiring. by the time i get home i want to play games but i dont have the energy to and i dont really even want to. i picked up a book that i've had in my drawer for over a year. decided to finally read it. i've been trying to do one chapter a day but i usually knock out by 12 am.  i pre-ordered stray whenever it was available to do so and i am extremely excited to play it when it comes out in a couple days. hopefully i can find as much enjoyment in stray and maybe other games as i find in music. maybe i'm playing the wrong games. who knows. thanks for reading

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1583

8 hours ago, John said:

havent played a game ive genuinely enjoyed in a very long time. i'll come home from work and just sit and listen to music. so far this year ive listened to songs 24,900 different times. it's a lot compared to most people. something like 3500 songs listened to a month. i listen to music all day at work and then when i get home. whenever i can honestly. if i'm at my computer i'm listening to music because it's weird if i don't i dont like the silence unless im on my phone on my bed and even then i usually put on some music. here are my top 10 most listened to albums of the year so far:

chrome_t3iV8m25m3.png

music is really the only thing lately that i have found joy in besides putting work into my own business. i started my business back in may and i'm getting closer to launching my first set of products and whatnot. ive been working on it in my free time and honestly i've just been lazy. also, shit is expensive. i dropped $1500 on a single heatpress and i still have to buy inventory. im going to (hopefully) make it all b ack but i dont mind if i dont because i just want to have something that i can call my own, ya know. i've been enjoying doing my own accounting, tax handling, inventory managing, all this shit. i love it. ive been doing 60 hour work weeks at work because we have a shit ton of things to do and i'm the only one. i dont have anything else to do so im not really complaining but it's tiring. by the time i get home i want to play games but i dont have the energy to and i dont really even want to. i picked up a book that i've had in my drawer for over a year. decided to finally read it. i've been trying to do one chapter a day but i usually knock out by 12 am.  i pre-ordered stray whenever it was available to do so and i am extremely excited to play it when it comes out in a couple days. hopefully i can find as much enjoyment in stray and maybe other games as i find in music. maybe i'm playing the wrong games. who knows. thanks for reading

As a fellow manager and 60-hour-a-weeker I know the feeling of being on the grind 24/7. I find what really helps is sitting down occasionally to play something with friends, just passing around a controller for a single player or co-op game and hanging out. I guess I enjoy the company and fuckery more than the games themselves, but it is something that really helps me decompress anyways.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2168

Switch:
Live a Live - demo seemed "ok" so I might try the full version, doubt I'll finish it tho lol

PC:
Sea of Stars - unfortunately pushed back to 2023. Chrono Trigger is one of my top 5's so I hope this will be decent. Most games that say they're CT-inspired end up being really bad

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - development hell so maybe never come out, but VTMB1 was one of the best games I played

STALKER 2 - never was a HUGE fan but I loved the ones I did play

• Content Count:  361

Sounds a lot like you guys are addicted to gaming and are suffering from burnout. Personally, I took a good three month break from playing games completely and my main media consumption was music, anime and tv shows/movies. I've started working through my backlog again and found enjoyment playing through the games I bought and only played for an hour or two. Self control and discipline are key factors in managing addictions. Lately I've been playing Hitman, Dishonored, Persona and Fallen Order. I have around 100 games in my library and have only played a few of them more than an hour, so I've been working on the games I already own instead of buying new ones.

Edited by bat

• Content Count:  2681

unknown.png

Been wanting to replay some old Pokemon games since there isn't much to do in other games at the moment, so I downloaded an emulator for the 3DS ones. 

• Like 2

Reply to Thread