? servers

? players online

Hide Command

• Content Count:  74

If you're in the middle of an order and you have to move, you're not going to stop to type a command and get warning shot. I don't think this is something that needs to be added, the JB TT members already have a lot on their plate.

you can't type /hide in less than 3 seconds?

Edited by tiny quail

• Content Count:  1799

I don’t see how something that is ultimately up to the responsibility of the player should be the reason something doesn’t get added. I believe someone mentioned when deathgame a in tight spaces get played, it’ll be easier to focus and see where your going. I think whether or not that is reasonable should be the topic of discussion, not talking about what could happen due to how a player is playing the game. If allowing some players to hide everyone else would help them better their experience on the server, why shouldn’t we consider it? It’d be plain selfish for us to do.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  590

I’m not sure how laggy this command would be on and off, but you can also bind this to one of your keys. If an order is given where you have to depend on your teammates, quickly press your Q key to see your teammates, complete the order, and lightly tap your Q key again. This command also isn’t forced upon the players so if you want to stay away from this command and you do want to see your friends, you can.

• Like 1

I’m not sure how laggy this command would be on and off, but you can also bind this to one of your keys. If an order is given where you have to depend on your teammates, quickly press your Q key to see your teammates, complete the order, and lightly tap your Q key again. This command also isn’t forced upon the players so if you want to stay away from this command and you do want to see your friends, you can.

From what I've done with the command it's not laggy. However, I doubt it'll help this guy's lag I'm trying to derive everyone from that topic and move on to the question of adding it in general, for it's main purpose. I'm glad you know it could be turned into a bind due to your preference and thank you manny for understanding a bit @Manny

Edited by tiny quail

• Content Count:  1671

This command doesn’t help much with FPS, it’s used on Bhop and Surf so people aren’t in your way when you’re trying to do a perfect run.

Since this is a JB topic here’s what I got: You need to know where you’re teammates are going at all times (it’s a team based game in a way). If you don’t know where they are going, you’re subjected to warning shots and kos for delay/not following orders. “Oh but all I have to do is listen to the CTs orders.” Yeah, you can do that but there will always be a conflicting order that pops up down the line and it will result in a bad time. What if multiple have it active? Yeah I don’t want to see multiple ts randomly walking around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do in hopes they don’t get freekilled and causing even more confusing problems down the line (player complaints or even admin complaints at the worst). It’s just not a good idea at its core and it wouldn’t make it here. I don’t have the final say in this, take it away JB boys

MG probably wouldn’t have this either because again, team based gameplay. There would be times where you’re trying to shoot an enemy and your teammates get in the way only to soak up all the damage.

And since I can talk about the lovely TTT, here you go: No.

• Like 1
Edited by Im Sad

• Content Count:  824

I've personally tested this before and for me, it didn't seem to make too much of a difference to lag, so that's one positive that is kind of out the door, leaving potentially more cons to the plugin rather than positives. Some of the cons as stated like when u have to line of shoulder to shoulder or more such as that.

Thats why if someone needs to use it they can bind it to a key! Theres plenty of JB servers that have this command. People don't have to use it, but its good to have it!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  346

On Jb_Arcade, the map has a feature where the T's are semi-transparent during a death game, so if people want it on jailbreak, perhaps the command could make it so everyone is semi-transparent. When I play arcade I still can see the T's, and also the minigame. If the order was to be shoulder to shoulder or to unstack, I think it's still possible to have the T's comply successfully with "hide" enabled.

I don't know if it would stop lag, but it would still make things easier for people who want it, and it's a good in-between.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread