? servers

? players online

[JB] Warden: Attainment of Warden

• Content Count:  3294

If we resort to this new warden system i think we need the whole community that plays jailbreak on the server to vote instead of just regular active players and admins alike as we need the majority of the server's opinion on this new warden system.

I really like this idea because some people don't know bout forms or are to lazy to sign up but love this jb server and it should not be like any other vote because this is probaly one of the biggest changes on jb

Players on the server have an equal say in this like the rest of us. We advertise our forums, discord, and community meetings enough for them. If they're not willing to take ten minutes out of their day to put their two cents into a matter they "care about", they don't deserve to complain. On the flip side, because we have players like this we need to somehow see if this change like @R A W said will go well with our player base.

Here is my recommendation the warden system can only be used when there is 25-30 people in the server because that's when things are uncontrollable.

There's enough chaos at 20 people for warden to take effect then.

And for the love of god @Tagwrack , if you're going to post everywhere fix your grammar.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  168

i highly recommend a new command other than fo during the round a ct can do something like !orders which mutes all ct/t and it allows the ct that typed the command to give a order and have a 25 sec cool down during rounds as this can solve the conflicting orders when the server hits its peak so we don't have to add this new warden system as it will restrict to 1 ct giving all orders. what if the warden dies and ct can't give order unless they are voted warden which goes by the order of how many votes you get.

• Like 1
Edited by Rawmondz
quote command to complex for me to understand

• Content Count:  1952

Here is my recommendation the warden system can only be used when there is 25-30 people in the server because that's when things are uncontrollable.

18+ is already uncontrollable lmao

what if the warden dies and ct can't give order unless they are voted warden which goes by the order of how many votes you get.

:???:

If Warden dies, it gets passed to the next CT. I know you're saying something like if there is a voting system it could possibly be passed down to 2nd most voted, 3rd most voted, etc. Until there are no "warden volunteers" and then it could get passed around to each CT until every CT is dead.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2579

Back in the gmod days, many jailbreak servers had a mixed system for wardens. First, CTs who wanted to be warden would enter the queue, and every round, a vote would be held for CTs to vote who the warden would be, if there were more than one option to vote for. Such a system allowed for CTs to vote for a warden that made the CTs job easier rather than for Ts for vote for a warden that offers them the most (hence possibly creating "vote for me and X" situations). System worked great and wasn't subject to much abuse by most. Some servers had an automatic freeday given once warden died (that isn't possible on our server, but it is worth mentioning) While our server could pass by by only having a warden-free rest of the day, in the event he'd die. From what I recall, these servers had the best warden system out there, back then.

I'm not advocating for any system here, but many arguments I'm reading here are pure speculation and/or ignorance of systems that are tried and true compared to facts made out of thin air.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  99

I think that voting for a specific warden is unfair because people can just choose who they like and that wouldn't give a fair advantage to the other cts. (Unless they have a cooldown, then yes, this will be fair)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  971

i am fucking begging you guys to not implement a warden system. imo, what makes SG unique and a million times better than tango and edge JB is that each CT has equal power when giving orders. that creates a much better and more fair environment. also, when a warden makes a stupid bumrush order and traps his fellow CTs, the CTs are pretty much left for dead since they can't give an order to tell all the T's to freeze.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  820

i am fucking begging you guys to not implement a warden system. imo, what makes SG unique and a million times better than tango and edge JB is that each CT has equal power when giving orders. that creates a much better and more fair environment. also, when a warden makes a stupid bumrush order and traps his fellow CTs, the CTs are pretty much left for dead since they can't give an order to tell all the T's to freeze.

I understand your concern for the desire to keep the uniqueness of our JB server and I can assure you it will remain even with the implementation of warden. What powers it has, who can attain it, how it is obtained is still being discussed, hence this thread. There's positives and negatives on both sides but the positives of implementing warden outweigh the negatives. As well, we may implement new rules to make sure warden can not give blatant team kill orders like the scenario you mentioned.

Alot is still being discussed so for everyone else, feel free to post your opinions...

• Like 3

• Content Count:  498

While I would love to keep it how it is rn. Jb is changing it's not like it was 1 year ago people are getting more toxic and screaming over each other, conflicting constantly and other dumb things. Jb needs a warden, its something that I never thought I would say but everyone knows it's true.

• Like 1
Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  1920

Off of what @roux said, I think that if it were possible to have a mixed system on our servers, I feel that would not only make our warden system unique from other popular JB servers but also allow for a solid system more or less free of abuse.

In a perfect world, I think that the first round of every map should be pretty much without a warden and just kinda chaotic as it is now since I don't really see a fair way of picking warden for the first round. In the first round, the CTs that want to be warden join the warden queue, and the CTs vote on who they want to be warden for the next round. A player would not be allowed to rejoin the queue that was already warden that map until the current queue was clear of players to allow everyone who wants to be warden get a fair shot at it. I don't think having a time cap will be necessary since that will limit some players that are newer, whether they abide by the rules or not, from being able to fully experience the servers and I don't think that's right. If they are abusing warden or breaking the rules in general, they will be promptly punished.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

I don't think having a time cap will be necessary since that will limit some players that are newer, whether they abide by the rules or not, from being able to fully experience the servers and I don't think that's right. If they are abusing warden or breaking the rules in general, they will be promptly punished.

So what this means is:

If we have no admin online to resign the player, the round will be a waste. In the grand scheme of things one round means nothing, but in the middle of the round the players will visibly be upset. I don't want to have to listen to shitty orders from a newer warden with forty minutes of playtime on SG, and twenty hours on Tango. Our active player base is already frustrated with the lack of punishment doled out to CT's breaking rules (Rightfully an admin can't see everything, but the number of complaints and whines I've seen in chat has increased as of late), so there's a big chance this idea doesn't take simply because of that. Unless the warden is breaking a bannable rule like KOS orders/freekilling, they're not getting banned from their player complaint. Unless you are more willing to dose out the number of CT-bans and Warden bans, I don't see this going in a good way. At the same time we're all just sitting on our asses and commenting about something that has never been done on SG jailbreak (Afaik), so I'm waiting for this to be implemented and tested on a live server.

Reply to Thread