? servers

? players online

The Problems that SG Servers Face in 2020

• Content Count:  2342

My personal response, not on behalf of the Board: 

6 hours ago, blackwolf0005 said:

Today, I just wanted to post some thoughts on the forums about the recent experiences I’ve been having playing here and the effects they’ve had on me. I’ve been playing here for about three years, as I joined around 2017, and I’ve had my fill of experience, though I did take a bit of a break in the middle. Anyways, I’ve just wanted to talk about some of the problems that I think the servers are facing that are relatively recent and are crippling the potential for SG.

While by no means I am stating that what I am stating is fact, I want to delve into what I think is killing these servers, from the neglect of administrators to do their job, new players not being supported by the community to learn the game, and the increased influx of people who are using alternate accounts or even their primary accounts to rdm or break various other rules and then leave, or stay, in which case they usually aren’t even punished.

Rulebreakers

I’m not sure if this is a going trend, but from my observations, this month has been terrible in terms of the number of people with <1000 karma, that come onto the server and clearly break the rules, knowing that they are doing so. While this topic I am covering only has my experience applying to the TTT servers, from what I have seen on the forums from various player complaints about the state of various other servers, mainly the jailbreak one, I can tell that this issue is prevalent just about everywhere else, with people either explicitly setting the rulebook aflame, or trying to skirt around it a little and use the rules as thin justification for indecent acts.

Admittedly, people who decide to be an asshole and ruin games for other people for fun are always around, but August has seen some of the worst rule-breaking so far. On the TTT server, various different people will come on at least once a day and commit their short experience on the server to freekilling as many people as they can. Multiple times I have been killed out of nothing, then taunted by the person who did it, and at the same time, there is little that can be done against it: most players who play on the TTT server do not have a forum account, nor know how to utilize recording software, and when admins are present, the old rule of, “You have to see it to punish” applies, and even if you do make a player complaint, it has to be a very big rule-breaking circumstance to warrant a punishment from the SG team. Though this rule has been around for a long time, I feel like warnings, slays, and bans were issued much more frequently back when I joined in 2017, when the admins were more lenient with their powers and did enforce the rules, even off of public opinion. Oftentimes, if enough people were complaining about one person, they would be punished, and I don’t think this was necessarily a bad thing, since nowadays, even when admins are present, people like zainab (one such rdmer) don’t give a shit, and go out of their way to murder as many people as they can regardless of the presence of admins. Plus, it took that guy around six separate rdms to finally get a ban. The worst part is, the punishments they receive, such as bans, aren’t even harmful to them, since they play rarely and likely have alts. The bans might as well not even be there, and speaking of which, this leads us to my next topic.

When we talk about admins needing to see something in order to deal with it, the intent behind it is so that they are 100% sure (no less) that the person who broke the rule deserves to be punished. If player experience is being impacted that much, then perhaps there is leeway for us to discuss relaxing that policy or find other ways of being 100% sure besides just seeing the situation. Logs aren't enough though. On our server, there are many more ways to be "justified" in killing someone such as various ways of T baiting or performing traitorous acts. I've conveyed this to the TTT managers and they're looking to address the "grey area". Once this is addressed, we can move forward with determining whether we can be more "lenient" with enforcing the rules (that is, increasing the number of situations we can be 100% certain a rule was broken).

Ineffective Punishments

Many of the people who rule-break, even in front of admins, as it gives them a kick, rarely ever play the servers. For example, certain people who were banned relatively recently like Chris, zainab, FLORIDA MAN, and others, are far from regulars and the time that they are banned might as well be nonexistent. The next time they come onto the server, maybe a month later, it’s the same behavior, every time, and until a perma-ban is issued, they are a constant nuisance to everyone who comes to just play the game. Plus, permanent bans are extremely hard to issue, and the justification for doing so is hard to warrant. Admittedly, once a permanent ban is given, it does solve the problem, but it only bans one person. People are constantly joining the server, playing the game, learning the rules, and the rate at which more assholes who enjoy rdming for fun are created outpaces the rate at which they are permed.

While I am not saying that SG needs to ban anyone and everyone that so much as picks their nose, I am saying that the punishments need to be more severe, or at least preventative so that people who commonly come onto servers and ruin the experience for those who play can be somewhat mitigated, though this may be a difficult task. But all I can say is, back in 2017 when I joined, if an admin was on, the server immediately became clean. The only real rdming and the like occurred when admins were off. Now, so long as they can stay out of sight of the admins, some players who enjoy the chaos kill basically anyone they can, and flip a middle finger to the rules. Alluding to my point earlier of most players not having forum accounts and not knowing how to record, it’s very difficult for these people to be banned. Again, I am not saying that the admins need to be late 1900’s policemen, but the punishments need to be more severe, or we need preventative methods. Let’s move on.

Punishments are entirely up to the admin. We have a strict policy of warn OR kick before a ban. In the worst case, this means a player is given one chance to straighten up before they're permed if they mess up again. It's entirely up to the admin to determine how severe they think punishments are given. Situations are extremely case-by-case so unfortunately I can't speak more about it in this post.

We've tried using karma as a preventative method to prevent RDMers from dealing significant amounts of damage if they're joining just to RDM, but unfortunately there's no good way to prevent people from RDMing if they're regulars besides having admins on. Probably the best preventative method is to have more admins, so if you're interested feel free to apply (: .

The Lack Of Community

One of the greatest things that makes online gaming so good is the player-to-player interaction. People add friends all the time and develop a sense of community with the people they play with. As cheesy and stupid as this sounds coming out of my mouth, it’s true, and the social relationships in games are what bring people together and create good times. However, the SG servers basically lack this. And I don’t mean community as in a, ‘everyone has to be friends with each other’ manner, I just mean interactions in general. Only about 10% of the people on the TTT servers at any time actively use their microphones, and while you might say that this is a good thing, since the airwaves are not being cluttered, I find this to be very, very, bad. If a sense of community was developed, good relationships could be formed, and it could even help combat the issue of newcomers turning to the sardonic nature of rule-breaking for fun, since they were already having fun playing with friends in the first place. A preventative measure. Let’s be honest, the gameplay on many servers would be much more dull were it not for the people that you played with, talked with, made friends with, conflicted with, and competed with.

Most admins themselves, the people who should be helping the servers along and the community, are basically mute. Encouraging people to talk and open up contributes to the overall mood of the server. If no one were talking except to call out koses and game-related information, I would’ve quit the server a long time ago, and I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone. Sweaty tryharding isn’t my thing, and the fun times you create with the people you play with is what really makes the servers gemstones, at least in certain scenarios. We also barely know anything about each other; I know that somebody is going to present the issue of security, but just talking about yourself a little in game is always nice, and lets other people feel like they know you a bit; again, it gives that sense of community and a meaningful relationship, even if it is online. This, yet again, leads to another problem, and another topic.

Yes, I agree with this. Having events regularly would be helpful. On Jailbreak, we are discussing having 3 events per week minimum to encourage player-to-player and player-to-admin interaction. I imagine TTT would benefit from this as well. @Trazz @Gentoo

You're welcome to suggest other ways of increasing community interaction!

Admins

There are a variety of problems that I see here, all of which I am certain will be disagreed with by someone or another, but I have to indulge. For one, the motivation for becoming an admin has become less to maintain the health of the servers, but rather as a personal shield from rule-breaking. What I mean by this is that multiple admins oftentimes hear and see things happening, but neglect to try and confront the issue. Many of them are just there to play the game, and use their status as admin to instantaneously punish anyone who would make the unwise decision to free-damage, rdm, or otherwise do something against the rules against them. Because of this, the SG servers are filled with administrators unwilling or not motivated enough to actually try and fulfill the original purpose of their role. Maybe I’m wrong, and I’m somehow seeing a minority that are only there to try and play the game with their elevated ranking, but I do not think that is the case as I can only think of a handful of people who literally bust-ass to try and prevent people from getting shat on by rule-breakers.

At the same time, admin applications, while not necessarily lenient, have been made into a manner where you don’t really need to know much about the actual person to vote. Someone could act completely nice on the server, make a very good application, be a regular, and they would be accepted. But when off the record, (and I am not saying that this happens) we really don’t know how these people actually act. A good example of this was the discord riot that occurred when multiple SG administrators, as far as my knowledge of the situation goes, decided that it would be funny to delete months of chat, pictures, and other media forms, and replace it with just one topic named, “My Balls.” Though the response by the people on the discord was fucking unacceptable, in the case of doxing one admin involved, nonetheless, it really shows how little we know about the actual people that we appoint to the position of admin, since most people would think it pretty sadistic, and yes, I am saying sadistic, to delete months of multiple persons’ posts just for fun. It’s just about the same thing that many of the people who come onto the TTT server and mass-rdm would do, given the opportunity. Additionally, the banning of Dominic, a former admin for general unwanted behavior also represents how easy it is to fool people into giving you administrative abilities, as I’m sure that Dominic didn’t get admin, and then Legend through blind luck. My point through this is that the character of the person who is accepted, or even denied, is virtually hidden, and no better is this represented than in the examples above and in this screenshot (https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1487830416933726917/9F0AF8CE5FC6999DAB1BBBEC9DA6917D7473A541/), where an admin, in a different game, calls me and another admin faggots because I beat him in a relatively normal match (he sucked at the game). It doesn’t really bother me, but how the hell did these people ever get the administrative position considering how they treat other people? Again, the character is completely disguised, and we have no idea if we are appointing a saint or a crook, though these are mild exaggerations. For the most part, and I will admit this, the majority of people that are accepted are generally good, but this could be a facade for the real personalities of other admins that are not so nice. And considering the recent transgressions during this month, or even year, SG admins aren’t looking so hot.

The "lack of motivation" you feel is likely because admins are adhering to the "if you're not 100% sure, don't act" policy. In reality, there's many admins (including myself last year) who challenged this policy, but it's for the best that we punish players for things we're 100% certain they deserved punishment for. We can implement other ways of becoming 100% certain (more logs, demos?) which will increase the likelihood of an admin being able to act. I imagine this will alleviate this concern.

Regarding not knowing how admins really are: at the end of the day, this is a gaming community. It isn't exactly our place to demand extremely thorough background checks, employment history, etc. that a normal company would perform. We have safeguards in place to prevent admin abuse from happening such as a trial admin period (Junior Administrator), logs, and a clear hierarchy of managers who overlook staff they're managing. We also time promotions so that no one can climb the ranks quickly so that there is a better chance we catch any attitude problems. The admins you mentioned that were involved in the Discord riot were given disciplinary action, and Dominic and Zayne's behaviour which led to them being permed largely occurred after they resigned.

The screenshot you provided is out of context, so it's hard to tell whether he was being sarcastic. I imagine you guys were being friendly and that's how he jokingly talks to people he considers his friends. Maybe you should let him know you don't appreciate him acting like that towards you? Of course, I'm not trying to put blame on you, but when an admin adds you on his friends list and goes to another game some banter isn't unexpected.

7 hours ago, blackwolf0005 said:

Server Crashes

This one is more of a technical issue than the rest of the topics I have brought to light so far, but nonetheless, this one is just as important and damaging as the rest, maybe even more so. The reason for this is the player count and the survivability of the server. I would say that the TTT server crashes occur around every two or three hours, by my estimate. I have no idea if the jailbreak servers are similar, but all I can say is this: when the server crashes for TTT, the player count is effectively cut in half when loading back in afterwards. A good portion of the people who were playing decide to cut their session short right then and there, as not only is the crash a big turnoff for them, they may have decided to do something more pressing, or that they might consider to be more fun. As you might expect, this is pretty bad, since the server thrives with more people, as not only is it more enjoyable, it also puts it closer to the top of the server browser, giving it more publicity when you put in “TTT” in the search engine.

This issue isn’t new either. It was here when I started in 2017, and is still here today. Believe me when I say that I know nothing about computers nor servers, so I have no solutions to this issue, but this is one of the major problems that at least the TTT server faces. A crash every two hours, cutting the player count in half, is devastating, and has to be fixed if SG wants to come close to EGO on the player count in the server browser. I do believe that it is something that has to be fixed by the server owners,, as when a crash occurs, it is due to the server, not the players, as everyone is disconnected but no one’s actual game crashes. That much, I am sure of.

I've mentioned it to the TTT managers a few times already, and I tasked @Greggy Gjust now with following up with the managers to investigate a fix.

Conclusion

I already know that I will likely receive heavy criticism for saying all this, but I feel like these opinions are very much valid and need to be stated. In 2020, SG is facing an incredible number of problems with the servers and the community, and they do not all stem from rulebreakers. Many of them come from other sources that are unexpected, like the admins themselves. While I understand that disagreement is going to be prevalent, I would prefer that those reading this keep an open mind; I’ve seen a lot of shit in these three years on this server, and I have a feeling that if the issues are not corrected, the servers will only spiral down further. Then we’ll all be left with EGO TTT servers with their shitty rules that don’t allow you to KOS off sound. In any case, I just wanted to try and make a few points about how I feel with the servers, and the problems that they’re facing, at least the TTT one. In the end, I doubt that any of this will matter, as with any large organization, change is a slow, and lengthy process that requires near-unanimous results, and response to this will be far from unanimous. Maybe I’ll be discredited because of my age or my inexperience, or someone will flat out call bullshit on my points, but in the end, these are just my thoughts, feelings and opinions, and I tried to make them as fair to my time here as possible. I would be surprised, but pleased if any of this was taken to heart and some of the problems managed to be corrected. I’ll continue to enjoy the servers as I always do, but I know that these problems can be fixed. Not by me certainly, as I can’t do jackshit for you guys, but what I can do is try to point this out and make it known. Or, I’ll just get flamed for having a different opinion. Who knows.

I think your opinions were valid, but we need your (and the community's) help in brainstorming solutions to them. Identifying problems is good, now let's work towards solutions (: . Rest assured, we're aware of many of these problems already and it's refreshing to hear someone genuinely speak up and share their thoughts. Thanks for your constructive criticism! Hope you'll be able to feel significant changes soon with the direction and vision we're moving towards.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  80

@fantasticAppreciate the feedback and from a BD member nonetheless! But I do have some things I want to say and try to correct. For example, the issue of using logs and popular opinion to punish I did address to multiple people above, but I’ll repeat it: both logs and popular opinion could be used to punish against mass-rdmers with virtually no margin for error, as it’s very difficult to explain killing five innocents as a detective (an example). Plus, if you guys could change the protocol so that it’s somewhat representative of the 2017 protocol, it could make it so that at least when admins are on, the server goes clean.

I’m sorry if I sound like a cynical asshole here, but considering that the server crash issue has been persistent for three years, I hope you guys are going to put some elbow grease into this one, since the crashes are a real turnoff for many newer players, and with the F2P update, keeping them as regulars would be ideal, although maybe a bit outlandish.

And trust me when I tell you that the screenshot I provided was not sarcastic. Combined with the fact that it’s Dead By Daylight, just about the most toxic game I know, and that she called Creten a faggot as well, I’ve got no doubts. Seriously, I could go on a rant about why DBD is the most toxic game to ever fucking exist. If you think CSGO is super toxic, DBD will boil your insides as the radiation of Chernobyl’s nuclear meltdown washes over your cells. It’s a fucking nuclear waste dump in that game, but I still love it. Anyways, thanks for the reception, and I hope that what you said about the changes is true.

Edited by blackwolf0005

• Content Count:  2342

Just now, blackwolf0005 said:

@fantasticAppreciate the feedback and from a BD member nonetheless! But I do have some things I want to say and try to correct. For example, the issue of using logs to punish and popular opinion, I did address above to multiple people above, but I’ll repeat it: both logs and popular opinion could be used to punish against mass-rdmers with virtually no margin for error, as it’s very difficult to explain killing five innocents as a detective (an example). Plus, if you guys could change the protocol so that it’s somewhat representative of the 2017 protocol, it could make it so that at least when admins are on, the server goes clean.

I’m sorry if I sound like a cynical asshole here, but considering that the server crash issue has been persistent for three years, I hope you guys are going to put some elbow grease into this one, since the crashes are a real turnoff for many newer players, and with the F2P, keeping them as regulars would be ideal, although maybe a bit outlandish.

And trust mw when I tell you that the screenshot I provided was not sarcastic. Combined with the fact that it’s Dead By Daylight, just about the most toxic game I know, and that she called Creten a faggot as well, I’ve got no doubts. Seriously, I could go on a rant about why DBD is the most toxic game to ever fucking exist. If you think CSGO is super toxic, DBD will boil your insides as the radiation of Chernobyl’s nuclear meltdown washes over your cells. It’s a fucking nuclear waste dump in that game, but I still love it. Anyways, thanks for the reception, and I hope that what you said about the changes is true.

The 2017 protocol is the exact same as the protocol today - I don't think it ever changed since 2015/2016 when I joined. The only difference is, admins back then stuck their neck out for regulars and would be susceptible to punishment if they were wrong. We discouraged this behaviour starting last year when clarifying posts were made at the admin level. However, I don't think it's improper to discuss adding some wiggle room for admins. I'll add it to our agenda to discuss which you can followup on in a few weeks by pinging me or DMing me directly.

As for that server crash issue, our technical team was recently busy with focusing entirely on the new forums, and with that out of the way I've asked for it to be prioritized as I'm sure having the population cut in half every 2-3 hours isn't very productive. So yes, lots of elbow grease being put in.

As for the screenshot, the only thing I can suggest is to talk to whichever admin that was in private first, and if you're unable to resolve it, make an admin complaint.

Thanks again for your candid feedback! Again, you're more than welcome to hold me/us accountable by pinging in this thread or in DMs for followup.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

I was going to make a longer post addressing the entire thread, but I wanted to quickly respond to this before it gets lost in my mind:

8 minutes ago, blackwolf0005 said:

I’m sorry if I sound like a cynical asshole here, but considering that the server crash issue has been persistent for three years, I hope you guys are going to put some elbow grease into this one, since the crashes are a real turnoff for many newer players, and with the F2P update, keeping them as regulars would be ideal, although maybe a bit outlandish.

Secondly, the server crash issue, as far as to my knowledge, has been around for three years; that's a pretty long time, and it's not a small issue either. If you're expecting me to file a bug report, I have to decline as that's pretty time consuming and I'll let someone else not as lazy as me do it. But either way, and I don't mean to be cynical, that's your problem, not mine.

For someone that has witnessed many server crashes, why report none of them? Sorry if I come off as toxic but the only way to stop said crashes is to report them to the Server Managers so they can be addressed by either them or the Technical Managers/Administrators. They have way too many responsibilities on their hands to be online when crashes happen, so they rely on players to report these things when they happen. I have a lot of reading to do, but don't automatically make something someone else's problem while simultaneously complaining about it. I've always thought if you had an issue with something you should be actively trying to fix that problem or propose something to fix it if it's out of your hands, this isn't quite out of your hands just yet.

Edit: While this thread is meant for bug reporting, I see no reason not to include crash reports in their as well. The format is as simple as Date/Time, the map being played, and if there were any error messages.

Edited by TheZZL

@fantasticGlad to hear that more wiggle room to be added, as the current limitations prevent admins from being...well, admins. Hope to see that crashing out of here soon, or later, doesn’t really matter to me, but good luck nonetheless. And I did message Wavy, but she didn’t care to respond, though she did read the messages. Creten already knows, as I sent him a screenshot. Good luck with the changes; hope it goes fantastic.

• Like 1

@TheZZLYou are correct in saying that I am an asshole for not reporting it. But the reason why is not only my laziness, which I think is reasonable, don’t judge, but pretty much also that everyone knows about it. There’s not a single admin that I can think of that frequents the TTT server that doesn’t know about it, so I don’t see how me filing a report would help when it’s already known: It’s just up to you guys to fix it. If you could tell me how filing a report on the bug would help, that’d be useful, but just look at large player count drops to find out when it crashes.

Edited by blackwolf0005

• Content Count:  594

10 hours ago, blackwolf0005 said:

@Mikey.I promise I’ll respond, but I will need a few things from you first. For one, please divide your paragraphs into thirds, as it’s impossible to read. Second, can you remove the additional sentences that are very clearly vestigial that you for some reason posted? And third, I don’t know what I did to make you so defensive in your page against me, but you’re throwing accusations. None of my responses to anyone so far have been aggressive.

Just because you can't read doesn't mean I have to fix anything, and for the additional sentences, i said what I said if they were needed to be removed then they would be but I haven't been told to or it hasn't been done for me so that stays, Thirdly, nothing was defensive and I'm not throwing accusations that you are being aggressive because you have been but apparently you can't even tell that. 

9 hours ago, blackwolf0005 said:

@TheZZLYou are correct in saying that I am an asshole for not reporting it. But the reason why is not only my laziness, which I think is reasonable, don’t judge, but pretty much also that everyone knows about it. There’s not a single admin that I can think of that frequents the TTT server that doesn’t know about it, so I don’t see how me filing a report would help when it’s already known: It’s just up to you guys to fix it. If you could tell me how filing a report on the bug would help, that’d be useful, but just look at large player count drops to find out when it crashes.

So then why complain if you don't even want to file a report, bug reports help give more insight on problems for that crashes or bugs and may help give a solution rather than just going off of a bare minimum of their logs and files that they have to read through. I mean just looking at a large player drop also does nothing cause it doesn't give any of them a possible reasoning for the crashing, and there is plenty of communication between admins / regs when a server crashes. The server doesn't crash from the same thing all the time there are different issues that arise all the time that are taken care of when they come up. And being lazy then complaining about it isn't reasonable and to say everyone knows about it when people barely know the plugins that are being used and for the most part barely know whats going on besides from them playing the game, whether regs and admins know about it or not, crash reports help log crashes into a time and help them find a pattern if something keeps crashing the server, you say you care but as soon as something takes time to do like player complaints or bug/crash reports you sit on your ass and just brush them off.

Bug / crash reports can go hand in hand that's why for some servers they have them labeled as such, it doesn't really take much time to file a crash report you can just do it in your spare time while you are dead from a round, same thing w/ player complaints. It doesn't have to be down all at once and rush it, you can take your time with it and when you have spare time do which ever form you need to fill out w/ the require proof.

9 hours ago, blackwolf0005 said:

@fantasticGlad to hear that more wiggle room to be added, as the current limitations prevent admins from being...well, admins. Hope to see that crashing out of here soon, or later, doesn’t really matter to me, but good luck nonetheless. And I did message Wavy, but she didn’t care to respond, though she did read the messages. Creten already knows, as I sent him a screenshot. Good luck with the changes; hope it goes fantastic.

For the last part I didn't really didn't think I needed to say this, another reason why the protocol is different from 2017 is because admins are administrators not investigators, hence why the whole change in the first place (I can kill 8 innocents as a detective and have a good reasoning @Trazz) its still he said she said + logs, which doesn't show what completely happened, not every killable action involves being damaged. Depending on how the admin decides to do their job can decide how long they want to take to ban someone, again not every instance requires an instant ban. Someone mass rdms can go into an instant kick (as it is a warning) if thats how they want to admin, some people go slay --> ban, some people try to give them more chances.

The protocol in terms of things can be a warning ( Kick / Gag / Mute / Slay / etc. all with the reasoning) depending on how the admin wants to take it, it can go straight to a ban the second time or another warning, then after the second warning it goes to a ban if they still want to incite chaos on the servers.  But if people are breaking different rules like someone is mic spamming and they get warned for that, but then the person freekills or rdms they have to warn again because thats a seperate thing and something completely different. Free-damaging and rdm / freekilling can go hand in hand that can go with normal procedures. Again its just depends on how they want to admin whether they are on the nicer side or the meaner side, for the most part everyone is on the nicer side, unless it needs to be the other way around. Even if there are various differences in how people admin and unless that style of admining is breaking the admin rules there is no problems with that.

Crashes happen they get fixed as it goes on, sometimes you can't tell if something is going to be a problem until it becomes a problem. It's not the same reoccuring problem from 3 years ago that continues to be the problem, a lot of stuff has been changed and they barely use anything from 3 years ago.

For Wavy why does it matter, its just a word stop using it as "they shouldn't be admins because they use mean words!" on a game that isn't related to SG servers. Anyways if these bad words were a good reason to punish someone more than half of this community would not exist. 

I'm just going to add their has been plenty of guides for really anything that the CA/AT team has worked very hard on. This one is for recording softwares on how to use and install them. The only thing people have to do to help someone install this, is help them sign up to the forums to get them more involved into the community and give them this thread. Kieran, Gentoo, Benzene and Kopsta all worked together to help make what they used the most because they were familiar with it, they put time in effort into this thread to help people that were having troubles understanding.

Edited by Mikey.

@Mikey.Read the replies to everyone else above, you’re parroting what everyone else has already said, and I’ve already responded. If you want me to respond to the initial text, then divide it into readable paragraphs. If you can’t see something wrong with an admin calling me and another admin faggots then you need an attitude adjustment.

• Content Count:  417

To start this off, I’m writing this on my phone, so no quotes mainly because I want to spite you. All of these people are either admins or planning to be one (Amazing), but I’m not planning on making one anytime soon. So, I don’t have to be as curt when I call you (pardon my french) a pretentious cunt. 

Let’s take a look at you, shall we? Scrolling through some chat logs, we find that you made fun of kuri, shown here:

https://imgur.com/a/zdSg9Ow

“Oh, but it lacks context!” So was yours. Later on, you called out certain admins involved in the money hack discord “riot” and implied that those admins were bad. Whether or not they were is simply out of the question, and not important to the topic, because what we have now are two counts of admin disrespect. You advocated for more severe punishment, so I say you should receive a permanent forums ban. Why not? If we named a number of days, you rarely post, so the ban doesn’t really matter, does it?

You’ve contradicted yourself repeatedly across this entire thread. You claimed that Steven didn’t read the thread, when saying that all admins didn’t do their job, yet not once does Steven say that. It may be a misunderstanding but even then, did YOU read what he said? You said that 20 scrolls don’t disagree as both of you say perming players takes a while. However, again, you say that as if it is a bad thing. He is saying that perming players requires a substantial reason for doing so, and saying “I got RDMed 6 times” isn’t enough. You said that Crow hasn’t gotten on in a long time, yet the guy’s played an hour yesterday, and 2 hours the day before. I would never say to not contradict yourself, I have disproven myself repeatedly. I’m sure if you wanted to you could find times where I was wrong, and show that to me, but unlike you, I don’t attempt to belittle others while doing so.

Don’t make a huge fucking deal out of whether or not you have typed something over and over again, just quote it, make it bigger. If the goal of communication is to get your ideas across to other people, then don’t fucking say “its not my problem”, because by doing so, not only have you failed your task of not getting your point across, you’ve made yourself look like a moron who can’t take criticism well. If you’re such a pedant as to tell Mikey to properly space his LITERAL REPLY TO YOUR THREAD, then try not typing your original thread in bold. 

Now to the whole reason you’re complaining, the servers. I don’t really have anything to add that hasn’t already been stated before, however, what I did see was a lack of solutions to said problems. You got RDMed? Report it and make a player complaint. The admins bullying you? Leave the server and make an admin complaint. Don’t say you’re too lazy to do so, and then turn around gasp at how many bad admins there are. Next time, admins, don’t help this guy. Just say “it’s your problem” and continue helping the rest of the server. Don’t accuse the admins for not doing their job because it isn’t. They are people just like anyone else on the server. SG is a community of online gamers, not a fucking government. They have outside lives just like yourself and they’re just trying to make the community a little bit cleaner. You point at Dominic and other admins, saying that they were shit people, when, in reality, they were people who make stupid mistakes. Dominic wrote the JB rules and is probably chiefly responsible for the reason why we break 30 almost every night. Zayne was a respectable admin in his own right (I didn’t interact with him too much), and to trample on the things they’ve done to say that they’re conniving, sneaky bastards is disrespectful to SG as a whole. Multiple people have mentioned this, and yet you never touch on that, and then complain that you have to retype responses. I wonder why?

Now, onto me. I’m a JB player who’s been playing on the servers since 2017 (just like you!) and I’m also unhappy with how the servers are (just like you!). I mean, now that Chad’s AT of JB, who knows what will happen? However, I am offering solutions to problems over at the servers, and working with admins to ensure that the servers are cleaner than before. 

I’m sure you’re already foaming at the mouth, rabid because someone on the internet called you a moron, but rather than formulating a 3 page essay as to why I am wrong and stupid, I suggest looking at why things are the way they are, and trying to figure out a solution. Nevertheless, I look forward to said 3 page essay and will only gloss over it and assume that you called me literally hitler. I mean, shouldn’t everyone get a taste of their own medicine?

• Like 5

• Content Count:  5381

I'm not going to bother reading more of this thread than I already have but bottom line Mr. Blackwolf is if you feel so passionately about the servers and the state that they're in then apply for staff and try and be part of the solution.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread