? servers

? players online

Trading CS Servers

• Content Count:  154

9 minutes ago, Zero Two said:

Are you trying to say start up an sg trade server?

Or add item trade to the current servers

Because I can see issues with both ideas and it mostly ends with scaming.

I know there are ways to stop that but the scams are always flowing into these types of community's on the regular and there is no way to stop them sadly.

Yea just add it in game to the shop and I said if you get scammed it’s your fault be smarter.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  617

1 minute ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

Yea just add it in game to the shop and I said if you get scammed it’s your fault be smarter.

We can't just say "well it's your fault or be smarter" makes us look like a bad/poorly run community and would not reflect well on us and it would also cause our population to drop due to us not doing anything about it.

This also brings me to the next part. If we as admins of sg attempted to stop said scams it would be hard for us to do something about it due to the fact of we can't get them their items/money back that they were scammed out of because I can tell you from experience of helping run a trade server telling someone to "give it back" dosn't work at all. Also what will stop them from doing a quick hit and run grabbing someones hard earned cash/items and never coming back.

There is no real way that we could carry out adding this to our servers without there being repercussions on our community as a whole its a good recommendation but from my point of view I can't see it working. 

3 minutes ago, Zero Two said:

We can't just say "well it's your fault or be smarter" makes us look like a bad/poorly run community and would not reflect well on us and it would also cause our population to drop due to us not doing anything about it.

This also brings me to the next part. If we as admins of sg attempted to stop said scams it would be hard for us to do something about it due to the fact of we can't get them their items/money back that they were scammed out of because I can tell you from experience of helping run a trade server telling someone to "give it back" dosn't work at all. Also what will stop them from doing a quick hit and run grabbing someones hard earned cash/items and never coming back.

There is no real way that we could carry out adding this to our servers without there being repercussions on our community as a whole its a good recommendation but from my point of view I can't see it working. 

To be honest I’m actually surprised such a simple thing that people are so desperate over the fact the some people trade in game items such as skins for credits is sad although you can enforce this by you know banning scammers I do see your point and it will be a lot of work. So I guess it will be up to the higher ups.

• Like 1
Edited by Kit-Kat-Tat

• Content Count:  482

1 hour ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

People might ask what if people scam?      This is a simple question with a simple answer its your own fault.

What would the value of items be for selling it back?      Half of what you bought it for.

1. You just stated why we wouldn't add this. This would cause a lot of commotion within the servers, and basically cause a chaotic outbreak. On top of that, it gives us more shit to worry about under our belts, adding on to what we already have to look out for.

2. Suggested in the past, has always been turned down.

Basically this wouldn't work period. As sully has already stated... several times. It would be way too much to implement into every server and this idea is just screaming "NO" into my ears. I cannot count the number of times of how much trading has shot the player base of other communities, I've seen it happen..  (Including other games) Trust me, this is not something we want to handle at all.

Edited by Arctic

• Content Count:  216

28 minutes ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

To be honest I’m actually surprised such a simple thing that people are so desperate over the fact the some people trade in game items such as skins for credits is sad although you can enforce this by you know banning scammers I do see your point and it will be a lot of work. So I guess it will be up to the higher ups.

It's much more than trading in game items. I stated before it crosses paths with the laws regarding gambling. SG will protect itself at all costs, meaning the owner will avoid implementing any ideas in which legal trouble can present itself. 

• Like 2
Edited by Sully

• Content Count:  590

I think it’s pretty negligent to just say it you got scammed it’s your own fault. There’s also no chance that SG would want to promote this kind of stuff at all. People will start promising items outside of the store, then that’s where the gray area comes into play, and then little kids get scammed because they thought their $200 knife was the same value as a Lara Croft skin.

• Content Count:  905

I like that you're creating idea's to try and help out SG but to be real with you bud, this will never be added.

There is waay too much risk between the people trading as well as with SG itself being associated with gambling like this.

It's a fun and cool idea in theory AND has been brought up before, in reality this would end up doing more harm than good.

Keep coming up with idea's tho, 90% of your idea's are gonna suck, 9% will be good that last 1% is gonna be a banger of an idea, no idea is perfect the first time you think of it so try and think of a fresh new idea then build off it. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1920

So it seems your idea comes from the right place because I suppose some people would definitely find it "cool" to be able to trade in-game cosmetics, but there's really no feasible way that part of the suggestion would be implemented successfully (in my eyes). This has been brought up before and one of the main reasons it was shot down is because people can purchase points through the donation page. The fact that points are tied to actual currency makes having a system where more expensive items can be traded for cheaper items (abusing the system) difficult. Not to mention people finding ways to scam people, ways to essentially "trade credits" directly-- just too many potential issues and problems for staff that can be avoided by not having this system in place at all.

BUT, your idea of selling items has been brought up before and generally liked (iirc) but was put on the backburner at the time due to development of the new forums/general long list for the tech team to go through. The arbitrary value of how many credits someone can get back is up for discussion, but it's ultimately at the will of those who will be coding the plugin for that. I think being able to sell back items at a slightly reduced rate would be a good thing to add, but definitely not something that's super high priority to add. 

• Like 1
Edited by phoenix_
what is grammar?

5 hours ago, phoenix_ said:

So it seems your idea comes from the right place because I suppose some people would definitely find it "cool" to be able to trade in-game cosmetics, but there's really no feasible way that part of the suggestion would be implemented successfully (in my eyes). This has been brought up before and one of the main reasons it was shot down is because people can purchase points through the donation page. The fact that points are tied to actual currency makes having a system where more expensive items can be traded for cheaper items (abusing the system) difficult. Not to mention people finding ways to scam people, ways to essentially "trade credits" directly-- just too many potential issues and problems for staff that can be avoided by not having this system in place at all.

BUT, your idea of selling items has been brought up before and generally liked (iirc) but was put on the backburner at the time due to development of the new forums/general long list for the tech team to go through. The arbitrary value of how many credits someone can get back is up for discussion, but it's ultimately at the will of those who will be coding the plugin for that. I think being able to sell back items at a slightly reduced rate would be a good thing to add, but definitely not something that's super high priority to add. 

I actually agree with you I'm ganna be honest if the trading gets denied I hope the selling back gets added cause it would be good just because... well you know if you accidently by something or you don't like the item.

Edited by Kit-Kat-Tat

• Content Count:  587

On 10/18/2020 at 10:45 PM, kuri said:

For this system to work we would have to completely revamp and rework how our current shop works, this also wouldn’t be of any benefit to our old regs who have 100s of thousands of credits or who have bought everything in the shop. 

I haven't really cared for the shop much and the few items I bought were the ones I liked, I feel people buy what they like and thats it... I have A LOT of credits just chilling as I've been vip for 2 ish years? I wouldn't really care for this to be added and I feel its just a way for people who don't want to get credits through playtime to get stuff for half of the effort. I agree with Kuri, it would be too much work for something that's not so worth it.

Reply to Thread