? servers

? players online

jailbreak in 2021

• Content Count:  157

At that point you'd have to have to write out a whole list of scenarios and label them as blatant or not. Or, if you'd have it left up to admins, not all admins think the same. Like if someone was taking a small detour and died because of it, some admins may think it was justified, and other wouldn't. There is just no way to have a consistent definition on blatant, even the admins knew everything about the situation, which rarely happens. 

While I do agree that a change in rules would be great, the problem is how it would be changed and what would it change.

• Content Count:  1105

39 minutes ago, nofun. said:

At that point you'd have to have to write out a whole list of scenarios and label them as blatant or not. Or, if you'd have it left up to admins, not all admins think the same. Like if someone was taking a small detour and died because of it, some admins may think it was justified, and other wouldn't. There is just no way to have a consistent definition on blatant, even the admins knew everything about the situation, which rarely happens. 

While I do agree that a change in rules would be great, the problem is how it would be changed and what would it change.

I can't really understand what point you're trying to make here since there is basically scenarios and examples stated in the rules. If there are admins who aren't administrating properly by thinking something as a detour is basically KOS then obviously somewhere something has gone wrong because admins are expected to understand the rules and what they mean and enforce them properly. They have plenty of other staff members who they can reach out to even the SM for that specific server that will happily explain to them what the rule means if they aren't entirely sure. 

Spoiler

Blatantly Disobeying is a term that means the prisoner has disobeyed enough for it to become negligent of the order and Guards can kill the Prisoner without a warning shot. Examples of Blatantly Disobeying are running far enough in the opposite direction of an order, or running into/towards a secret that is not in the path of the order. While Detouring/Delaying may seem like Blatantly Disobeying, it only turns into Blatantly Disobeying once the Prisoner displays clear intent to not follow the order and escape. 

I don't really understand the confusion on this part from both the players or the newer admins who don't seem to have a clear understanding or definition that they can give to the players when asked. Personally, if I was put into a position and didn't have a clear understanding of the rules, I'd either refer to the rules like they should or let the player know where the rules could be found. 

In both videos, I would label both of those as delaying/detouring, because Kuri took a detour to potentially grab the Deagle and then proceed to isolation like the order was given. In Easterpink's case that would be labeled as a delaying since he was periodically stopping then continuing the order. Both of those scenarios would at most require a warning shot if the CT felt it was necessary because they were both heading in the correct direction just sort of being a pain in the ass. 

Personally, I just think these younger CTs are power tripping a little too much and think the actions that they think are justified aren't going to come with repercussions due to my feeling that some admins (the newer ones) aren't fully confident in their abilities to handle a situation like that. While I've been around for a longer period of time and would consider myself more lenient when it comes to minor things something like a CT being a "nazi" I would stop real quick because basically KOSing for a small delay or detour the CT should be punished for that. 

But again this is just my personal opinion on the situation. 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  157

2 minutes ago, balls. said:

Personally, I just think these younger CTs are power tripping a little too much and think the actions that they think are justified aren't going to come with repercussions due to my feeling that some admins (the newer ones) aren't fully confident in their abilities to handle a situation like that.

Personally, when I see someone go against the rules and they themselves don't slay and an admin is on, the admin almost always slays the guy not following rules. The only time they don't is if they just are confident or it's a case of both sides (in their minds) are technically right.

So i guess while sometimes true, I don't think it happens nearly enough for it to be a major issue.

• Content Count:  560

ive played with giraff and dvd a lot from my time here and tbh i see giraffs clip as a fk but he didnt want to slay so he made an excuse (giarff is very aware of the server rules and i think he made a mistake but didnt want to own up to it)

dvds clip i saw that as just messing around with easterpink (when he said blatant it sounded like he was mocking people who fk and say blatant as an excuse) i see dvd a lot and he is definitely aware enough of the rules to know eaterpink wasnt blatant  so in my eyes i see it as joking

but those are just my shitty jb reg opinions 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

On 5/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, kuri said:

I was "blatant"

Yeah you’re right, this is not blatant and the guard would have been required to warning shot you. You can tell you’re not blatant because you’re:

A. In the general vicinity of the order (not attempting to escape)

B. Simply detouring/delaying, you ended up going back inside towards isolation anyway. 

I know you know the rules Kuri, I’m just explaining this for the other people. 

On 5/22/2021 at 11:22 PM, The Real Slim Jim said:

Someone didnt like my last response quoting zzsmell with a direct quote. Heres the new one curtesy of @nofun.today on the server.

The order was fd no past 1st cell............

Before we “deconstruct” this video I wanted to comment on something said previously on this topic. If you did something KOS earlier in the round, that does not make any potential freekill in the future justified just because you happened to be KOS before. Before you all jump the gun, do some abusing, taking advantage of loopholes, and get yourselves banned, just let me elaborate.  Here, nofun clearly free killed slim Jim, as he was not past first cell, that’s not how that order works. “Free day no past 1st cell” restricts the soccer, medic, garage, disco/kitchen areas on VIP/Razor/Revamp, not the other side of the cell; If you clarify your order, you can obviously switch it around. Had nofun seen slim rebell the two times earlier in the round, followed through on a KOS called on him, seen his name in the kill feed, or had ample evidence to know he was KOS then this wouldn’t have been a freekill as he had a just reason to kill him. Here I’ll cite the rules:

On 11/24/2018 at 1:35 AM, Dominic said:

Guards CANNOT...

• Harm Prisoners unless orders are not being fulfilled or they are rebelling

On 5/23/2021 at 10:02 PM, Easterpink said:

blatant

Here I clearly have no sympathy, you’re an admin, you delayed, and you can slay this guy easy. 

Admin or not, I should definitely not be seeing people bitching and moaning about a double warning shot or freekill if you were disobeying. Obey, and 90% of problems disappear. I understand this isn’t absolutely reasonable, and rule breakers should and will be held accountable, but take that into consideration next time you flood admin chat or make a thread about how the server sucks dick balls 

2 hours ago, nofun. said:

We have a whole FAQ dedicated to some of the more common situations/confusing scenarios. I would not be a fan of a 3 page rule book that outlines every single ruling In relation to map locations, specific circumstances, etc.. I’ve seen how other communities have done it, and albeit they’re more successful in ways we aren’t, I see that as a turnoff and possible complication for newer players. We already have enough of a problem of people not reading the actual rules, and I know that from people in-game and those commenting on this topic. 

So while I'm not currently in favor of this, if the discussion swings in a way where we think longer rules can be beneficial this can be looked into.

2 hours ago, aureli said:

naturally im gonna get shit on for this and i expect that but a change in the rules would be very benifical. a lot of it is left up to common sense and very vague, allowing people to get away with the most random shit because it's still technically within the rules

What change to rules, what loopholes, what vaugities? Please elaborate and offer some sort of suggestion to the problem you are saying there is. 

• Like 5
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  248

30 minutes ago, TheZZL said:
On 5/23/2021 at 10:02 PM, Easterpink said:

blatant

Here I clearly have no sympathy, you’re an admin, you delayed, and you can slay this guy easy. 

Me and dvd made this video as a joke to post on this thread lmao

• Like 5

• Content Count:  304

On 5/24/2021 at 4:53 PM, janseen said:

JB is different from what it was 2 years ago. From the multiple changes to the rules, along with the different player base, you can't expect JB to be exactly the same. That being said, personally I enjoy JB right now. I have a couple fans aka @spook@john jones 2  @carrollton_ and etc, and my aim is above silver 1 so I can easily kill the entire CT team. As long as there is an admin attempting to tame the 9 year olds, I feel its not as bad as you all think.

its always fan 4 that gets left behind :(

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.