? servers

? players online

What religion do you follow?

• Content Count:  1920

Please don't start any unnecessary fights here. Just curious to what religion you guys follow and why you follow it. It's interesting what religions people follow and can be interesting to learn from the teachings of other religions.

I personally am a Christian and I was raised Catholic, but have since decided to fall under the "non-denominational" group of Christians because I personally don't follow or like the Catholic church. 

Thought this may be cool for people to share. 

• Like 3
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  971

Lmfao this thread is gonna be a fucking dumpster fire by morning

I don't follow a particular religion but I won't deny that it's comforting to believe there is a higher power and some sort of afterlife.

Most people subconsciously acknowledge that once you die it goes all black and that the universe is so big and the limitless timeline so long that "nothing matters in the end", but this is a fundamentally flawed ideology because our experiences are all we have and it should be everyone's goal to make the most of the time they have.

I also think it makes sense that early civilizations were so religious because not only did they not understand the world around them on a complex level, but it's not gonna be easy to convince a group of stone age cavemen to do back breaking labor their entire lives if it means once they die it's all black and nothing really matters.

Now that we have a much better understanding of the world around us, we should hopefully look towards phasing religion out of our societies because it's starting to create more problems than solve, but I don't think anyone should look down on others because of the religion they follow as long as it's reasonable and has a logical moral compass.

• Content Count:  1105

I grew up in a Christian household and had religion forced onto me, so naturally, as I got older and became more dependent on myself I grew distant from all sorts of religion. As of today, I don't really participate in any sort of religious things, obviously, if I entered someone's house as a guest and they pray before every meal then of course I'd join them in it and say amen just because I don't do any sort of religious things doesn't mean I should disregard others religious beliefs and not participate that's just flat out rude.

There could be something out there or there couldn't be and I personally just can't have "hope" in something like that. But I'd never call anyone's religion "wrong" or "evil" they have a right to believe in whatever as much as I do. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1009

I'd say I'm still figuring it out, I really don't know exactly what to believe, I wouldn't say I am entirely a Catholic, nor would I consider myself an Atheist. There's probably a word for it but I don't know it, I don't spend much time pondering it, only in occasions where someone I love or know has passed and I don't like to think they are entirely away from this earth.

I do believe in some form of afterlife, whether it is reincarnation, or eternal life in heaven but I guess I will only truly find out when I pass. 

• Content Count:  971

27 minutes ago, the baconator said:

I'm catholic, but I'm a terrible human being and like any other child, I never payed attention in church.

Fucking retard praying to bagged milk and yellow snow

• Like 2

Reply to Thread