? servers

? players online

Pink Panther Removal [Temporary]

• Content Count:  565

Was thinking whether Post this in bug report or talk to ZZL instead but decided to post here since I felt people should have a say on this matter.

Cut to the case(as the title suggest) I'm suggesting for a temporary removal the 'pink panther' skin/model on JB. I know many that like/prefer the skin as it's a good skin tbh, however, I'm suggesting this as it's a little broken/outdated 

To elaborate, here are some similar clips to explain what I mean but if you don't feel like watching i'll just put mini summary under the clips to explain( thx @spook and @john jones for recording you guys wo consent <3) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Here you can stop at 0:20 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary 

To sum up all these clips, all either had knife/guns in the wrong placements(in the feet) and even the utility is slightly inside the model( in 2nd clip but didn't clip other examples w other utilities to solidify this statement).

Sometimes the guns are outside of the model entirely.

This really trouble CT's knowing if they have a primary or secondary or a knife when the T is on angles(like roof on some maps).  This even put an advantage to the skin with long range combat(before attacking) as guards have to properly analyze if they have a primary or knife far away without the obvious implications of that T have primary ton heir hand.  

This recently put a unsavory thought in me whether this crosses the line of "pay to win" aspect or not especially when you need subscriber to access pink panther skin(correct me if I'm wrong). 

So I'm here suggesting for temporary removal for a possible fix on the model or let it as it is. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you feel this a good/bad idea or alr been talked about, please put it comments Thx!

• Like 1
Edited by Dom

• Content Count:  1920

Yea. I brought this up a while ago, it's something we've been looking at. It's happened before and it's really a model fix issue and we just need to find someone to fix the model. It's a staple of the server (it's been around for like 5 years) and I don't feel like it's game breaking. If anything, it's still evident that they are holding a gun, because their model is in the position of holding a primary. Thank you for bringing this up.

• Content Count:  195

I think the model is very op and just very hard to hit, I might just be bad but whenever I s4s a panther I just can never win. like phoenix said though it is easy to tell if they are holding a gun. but overall I think this would be a nice change 

this model is the only reason i get kills

• Content Count:  1105

Yeah it's annoying that it doesn't work properly but this has been an issue for a long time now. I wouldn't necessarily call it pay to win since majority of the time you're far enough away from the Ts to see their entire body so you can see the guns at their feet or notice that their hands are in the position where a gun is being held. Sure this can be fixed and it would definitely make a very minor change but if I was the SM I would be focused on things that impact the game more like LR changes, map rotation, new additions, etc instead of some stupid model. Plus it's not even a huge deal in my opinion because there isn't a whole lot of people who use the skin.

we don't have a lot of people who are "pros" at editing models, my suggestion for you is to find a model that can either be replaced in the time being if it were to be removed or just leave it be because I know zzl and dom are too busy with other ideas to handle with bullshit nitpicking it's not a huge deal for it to be changed right now.

• Like 2
Edited by Steven.

• Content Count:  3294

7 hours ago, dafty said:

Still waiting for the plugin that disables others cosmetics client side.

You can disable all cosmetics (yours or others) except Hats, Masks, Player Models, and Pets

!shop

863d6519aa0d8e98d2d30ff60cfa4c4a.png

3. Settings

f2b558a997ea6992e99bfff443dd2aa8.png

8. Next

97326115346772ed0c9c5ca546289124.png

As for the Pink Panther model, as mentioned here and other places, we would be more than happy to fix the model and add some stylistic changes to it but we simply do not have anyone available to do these requests. Player models in CS:GO are a very tedious, tricky, and very un-documented subject area. I'll specifically reach out to a few people I know, but they will likely not be available to make such edits. We'll keep you posted. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  678

*bumbp*
Seems like if what scrolls said is right, these models are still using the old hitboxes, from 6 years ago. They'll need to be reboned, probably.

This would also explain why specifically the Shadow Daggers are broken, as they came out later, and will probably fix various other weapon positioning issues.

@TheZZL

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

1 minute ago, Enderspine said:

*bumbp*
Seems like if what scrolls said is right, these models are still using the old hitboxes, from 6 years ago. They'll need to be reboned, probably.

This would also explain why specifically the Shadow Daggers are broken, as they came out later, and will probably fix various other weapon positioning issues.

@TheZZL

A fix has been made for the model, and we are awaiting accessory-related additions to the player model. Thanks @fozilla mirefox for the fix and @20 scrolls for the accessories. 

• Like 3

Reply to Thread