? servers

? players online

Adding more Awards(ranks)

• Content Count:  562

3 hours ago, delirium said:

Adding an award for server admin is dumb. The only requirements for admin are consistent activity over a period of a few months and making sure admins like you so they'll say support on your app. Not worthy of a badge at that point in your SG tenure.

Very true, however its not the crown jewel that is all so mighty, it's a award/badge that shows that they were at one point a admin. Pretty easy for someone to not give a fuck if you have the award or not just like no one cares about awards now, its just something cool they added to show off accomplishments. I would constitute admin as a achievement in this community. So a award it gets, whether you would want the award or not there is no monetary gain or praise to have the award, just a award not that complicated. You can infer what I think about the CA award.

• Content Count:  468

4 hours ago, kabLe said:

I think CA should get an award. Sure they aren’t necessarily “higher ups” but it’s your first step into the other side of SG. They don’t have a lot of power to implement ideas but they pour over complaints and keep up with them consistently. They are the next most trusted people for the ATs to bounce their ideas off of. Charlie is the perfect example of someone who deserves an award for the work she’s done over the years. It’s just an award and there’s one already completed and ready to deploy. 

If anyone deserves an award it’s those that sit in between higher staff that focus less on interacting with their community and more on making sure the server and logistics are in order and the regular player base.

I disagree on making an award for regular admins though. 

We’ve had shitty CA’s before . Just because they finessed that rank doesn’t mean they should get awarded for it . If they’re good at what they do they’ll get that SOTM award .

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

2 hours ago, thuxys said:

We’ve had shitty CA’s before . Just because they finessed that rank doesn’t mean they should get awarded for it . If they’re good at what they do they’ll get that SOTM award .

We've had shitty SMs, shitty IAs and shitty BDs, hell we've had shitty POs, so whats your point?

We've had shitty design team managers, should we strip your award and give you SOTM instead?

By not giving CAs an award but doling one out cause 4 people thought someone would be good for an event team is basically saying CAs are useless. Here's an award if you can add shit to a calendar but handing out bans and watching demos all day long, go fuck yourself.

• Like 5
Edited by kabLe

• Content Count:  2206

14 minutes ago, thuxys said:

Since I’ve had sotm twice , yes 😎😎😎

What criteria does the Events team fill that makes them eligible for an award for being on the team that the CA's don't check off and therefore are not worth an award?

• Content Count:  565

side track here: 

So i'm assuming awards are given to staff depending in importance/difficulty/recognition while moving up in SG but why give to division ranks upon getting accepted like event coordinator or modder(not saying they are shit or worthless but are they harder to get than CA?). Another thing, are CA higher up or considered borderline or just Senior admins with benefits? Is the workload in CA less than in division ranks(excluding TA for obvious reasons)?

Just want further more clarity of why CA should not deserve their own award.

Like kanye have mentioned, I just see awards of just to show regs and staff that you were in that rank before in X time( like if you had SM or IA back 2020 or 2019) . So i believed the same for administration and CA as awards isn't really that too impactful(just to bring credibility to your name for newer regs/staff). 

Edited by Starlegendgod

• Content Count:  1920

Giving admins an award is kind of pointless, admin is relatively easy to achieve as long as you aren't totally braindead (yet they somehow let me get SM, besides the point). Being able to administrate our servers should be fulfilling enough as an admin. If you are exemplary and deserve an award, you'll get staff of the month. Alternatively (and more realistically) if you're good as an admin, you'll probably get CA if you're interested. 

While I think the real award for CA comes after your stint as staff is over here in the form of recognition ranks if you did well enough, if there is already an award made for CA, I don't see far too much harm in adding it. While it's not the hardest thing in the world to get CA, there is a valid argument of people getting award for Events Team, Media Team, etc and not for CA is kind of nonsensical. 

While we have had bad CAs, SMs, ATs, AOs, etc. it doesn't do any harm in giving them a little trinket saying "hey you got here, grats" to look back on as a cool thing. For some people having that award may make people go "lol I remember when they were (insert rank), they sucked". 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  468

1 hour ago, kabLe said:

What criteria does the Events team fill that makes them eligible for an award for being on the team that the CA's don't check off and therefore are not worth an award?

You've changed my ways due to your elegant typing and format @kabLe. Because of that the CA awards are now available to those who are deemed worthy to hold such a prestigious accolade. 

Reply to Thread