? servers

? players online

P90 Warning shots

• Content Count:  587

4 minutes ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

pretty useless since your just complaining and/or annoyed.

One of the bigger reasons I made this thread was because it was actually affecting the player base, not just because of my annoyance. I also want to mention that scrolls also pointed out downside to using a said weapons where as with a p90 the downside is minimal, and thats its also stupid to be able to almost kill a T and call it a "warning shot." I understand you arent following orders but to almost die for a warning seems a bit obsurd.

• Like 2
Edited by oSen

• Content Count:  1009

56 minutes ago, kuri said:

I propose we completely remove the ability to “warning shot” by head shoting  someone. 

Why is that? They will still use guns that do the same amount of damage, only difference is that they hit them in the head instead.

Edited by Poke

• Content Count:  1583

I don't really see this as an issue with CTs at all. Granted, it's been some time since I've regularly played the server, but since I can recall we've had notoriously weak CTs, and high damage warning shots was just a quick and dirty way for CTs to get a grasp on rounds and turn the ride in their favor. On the other side of things, you have Ts complaining about being caught out for disobeying and yet they're not even being killed, they still have a chance to continue their round, wait for LRs or maybe even rebel. It takes a certain amount of precision to actually land these shots without killing them or double warning shotting, so it's not even like this happens every time they rebel. 

As a T, I don't understand why it's so hard for people to grasp how to play the team properly. We have a rebel heavy meta - that doesn't mean everyone can rebel every round free of consequence. If you're unhappy with how steeply you're being punished for careless and nonchalant rebelling - don't do it. Nearly every round, an opportunity will present itself where you can safely rebel or get out of sight of the CTs scott free. It's not always going to be to AWP secret or an armory TP, but it's literally free. The Ts really need to just get good man..

• Like 7

• Content Count:  248

16 hours ago, kuri said:

I propose we completely remove the ability to “warning shot” by head shoting  someone. 

I agree with kuri, it is absolutely overkill to warning shot a T by headshotting for 90+ damage. Warning shots should be given as a little push to get the Ts in check. Ever since the event started, everyone started going try-hard in JB, making it too competitive and not fun. Also, many people started leaving the server today, myself included. These nazi warning shots are affecting our server population negatively.

15 hours ago, Gentoo said:

If you're unhappy with how steeply you're being punished [As a T] for careless and nonchalant rebelling - don't do it.

The problem is that the CTs give strict orders with minimal room for failure. Then if you mess up, BOOM 90+ damage to you. I hope we can find a solution that interests the Ts as well as the CTs alike. Nerfing the p90 will force CTs to use other weapons that do 90+ dmg, as 20 scrolls stated. (I am against nerfing anything) Below are my proposed solutions.

Solution 1: 

Make a rule against giving headshot warning shots, punishable by slay or a verbal warning. At least until the event is over. (Kuri's idea)

Solution 2: 

Make a rule against giving strict orders, having the Ts be frozen, crouched and knifing the ground for no reason is ridiculous, we have a freeze order for a reason, why make the prisoners miserable? This isn't real prison. Only the last CT should be able to give that order.

• Like 1
Edited by Easterpink

• Content Count:  3294

Both @Gentooand @phoenix_ make very good points, so please read their responses if you haven't already.

There are a lot of things that go in and out of our meta depending on the circumstances, and currently because of the Gang Wars & CT Rank Race Event a lot of people are gravitating towards T side making CT side more difficult as they are competing for kills. People have given headshot warning shots with different weapons for a long time, and it usually fades away because they get shit on for being toxic. Any radical rule change disallowing headshot warning shots or only allowing the last Guard to give a freeze order is unreasonable and frankly displays immaturity when it comes to dealing with issues. 

To those giving headshot warning shots, understand that as a Guard you impact every player's experience on the server and unnecessary toxic behavior is not tolerated.  It is understandable, and ok, to get strict when losing with a natural disadvantage, but it is okay to lose; The point of the server is to have fun, not to stomp the Prisoners into the ground. 

@Easterpink If Guards are repeatedly ordering the Prisoners to freeze/unfreeze or stay crouched for an extended period of time they are giving unreasonable and sometimes confusing orders, so you have the ability as an admin to stop them from doing that. 

We'll see if this issue continues, but it is more a culture and poor instinctual issue rather than one we should forcefully change. So, try to be a bit more understanding and relaxed when on CT side, and know you are actively effecting the mood of the server depending on the orders you give. I'll leave the thread open for discussion.

• Like 7
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  562

knifes vs p90 that is a versatile weapon that can kill from close since it's a smg and it also  does 90 damage + to the head sounds like the only problem is the range which no way we have deagles so literally no point in not getting a p90 turns the game into a shit show half the server left when they started giving nazi orders and p90 headshot warning shotting. (side note and now the cts have 135 health so it's almost impossible to kill them when everyone stands in a firing line) with a so t sided supposed map why did the t's win less rounds then the cts when using p90s

• Like 1

• Content Count:  373

You guys are thinking of nerfing or changing something that finally gives the CT's more of a chance of winning? I would like to say for the time I've spent in SG the T's have always had the advantage and the SM's of JB always wanted to help CT's to win more rounds and when we finally find something out that just only gives us a more of a fighting chance the "try hard" T's are quick to jump on and say hey man don't do that its not fun and ruins the server which can be said the same on how try hardy their playing because of the fact that JB is a community server for fun which people are forgetting about and are try Harding so when the CT's start giving off the same energy you guys get mad and start shitting on me and Ero for just trying to make it more fair because on how unfair it is. I understand that doing p90 headshot warning shoots is kind of a bitchy move but its annoying hoping on JB seeing the T's winning 0-13 and even when I drop 30 kills nothing happens is kind of sad so when me and a friend find something that we can use that helps us win rounds people start hating it its the same as me saying take off AWP secret because that only is OP its a head glitch spot that T's can get to as fast as CT"s leave armory but you don't see me complaining about I say just let it die out don't do anything about its part of the game and isn't breaking any rules either way the T's are always gonna have the advantage 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1559

6 hours ago, R3Flex said:

You guys are thinking of nerfing or changing something that finally gives the CT's more of a chance of winning? I would like to say for the time I've spent in SG the T's have always had the advantage and the SM's of JB always wanted to help CT's to win more rounds and when we finally find something out that just only gives us a more of a fighting chance the "try hard" T's are quick to jump on and say hey man don't do that its not fun and ruins the server which can be said the same on how try hardy their playing because of the fact that JB is a community server for fun which people are forgetting about and are try Harding so when the CT's start giving off the same energy you guys get mad and start shitting on me and Ero for just trying to make it more fair because on how unfair it is. I understand that doing p90 headshot warning shoots is kind of a bitchy move but its annoying hoping on JB seeing the T's winning 0-13 and even when I drop 30 kills nothing happens is kind of sad so when me and a friend find something that we can use that helps us win rounds people start hating it its the same as me saying take off AWP secret because that only is OP its a head glitch spot that T's can get to as fast as CT"s leave armory but you don't see me complaining about I say just let it die out don't do anything about its part of the game and isn't breaking any rules either way the T's are always gonna have the advantage 

The guns CTs have aren't what give them control of the prison, its the order they give to keep the T's under control, the guns simply help (quite literally) enforce those orders. We're not purposely trying to kill the prisoners, we're trying to keep the prison from being overrun by T's. 

• Content Count:  971

This is an example of one of the shittiest loopholes in JB history. I don't agree with phoenix when he says this is a trend, this is something that has been getting worse and worse since summer of last year and probably even before that. 

I think this is representative of a bigger issue being inconsistency with the warning shot rule and I think it deserves some touching up.

A while back I had a run in with Vanya when the fucker was giving shotgun warning shots, and it absolutely PERPLEXED me that most people FAVORED the current rule that allows SMG headshot warning shots, HE warning shots, molotov warning shots, and shotgun warning shots.

All of these deserve to be ripped from the rulebook, what an obvious loophole this is to the 1-99 dmg flat rule. It should still be 1-99 damage, but grenades are too volatile and headshot warning shots only cause problems because at closer ranges they do 100+ dmg, and shotgun warning shots, christ, a shotgun shoots multiple shots does it not? In console it registers as multiple hits, so how the fuck is that considered a warning shot when 7 pellets are shot into my pinky toe for uncrouching to type "lmao" in chat after the cells open?

I think Gentoo makes an interesting point with the balance between T's and CT's, but putting in bullshit like this as a superficial way to make CT side more fun or whatever isn't a good reason to have inconsistency in the rule book.

• Like 2
Edited by dafty

• Content Count:  373

5 minutes ago, 20 scrolls said:

The guns CTs have aren't what give them control of the prison, its the order they give to keep the T's under control, the guns simply help (quite literally) enforce those orders. We're not purposely trying to kill the prisoners, we're trying to keep the prison from being overrun by T's. 

Yea 20 what I'm trying to say is that we should just let this die out this isn't gonna last I can tell because me and Ero started feeling bad around 8 pm yesterday and stopped using the p90 I can tell that the shit me and Ero are getting for doing this is making us not want to do it anymore and its prob gonna stop by next week. There is some people like daft stated that have been doing this for quite a while I was really the first one to think of the idea back when I used to try hard the leader board on JB I remember seeing some people doing this and the only reason this as become as big as it has is because of the event and because it makes it harder for them to rebel

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.