? players online

Immediate Action

• Content Count:  927

22 hours ago, All Ts said:

Squad:

abd019f95cb33ce3e060302ac65414cc.png

JB: 

f461e859209635e5fab75886fb44969e.png

Tbh JB is kinda popping off in comparison, the numbers do NOT lie. Squad is a dead af game for old people.

Thank you for randomly bringing up our Squad server 16 days later after the most recent post. Instead of responding to his comment, which is related to this thread, you instead try to instigate us Squad players. What's funny is that you STILL have not contributed to this thread. Actually, I take it back. The only contribution you've done is your continuous shitposting. Seems like a common theme for you. I'm glad you are coming at us when we are trying to make a community in a game that already has its top servers and members that are attached to them. Obviously I'm not saying its impossible to get something, but I came to help in with a lot of disadvantages, which you wouldn't know since you don't play the game nor are apart of our team. At least I put the effort in (along with the squad admins) and got our server max pop for multiple days in a row for literally 6-8 hours each time. 

As for the decline, not only did I have finals for the summer classes I took coming up but we were getting burnt out. There was like 4 or 5 of us trying to play, admin, and change maps. We ran into some issues and had to manually set the next map before the current one ended so they got the maps they wanted. Steel would stay up for hours past midnight to help do that. Colrite came back from having COVID to still help. Bumm3r was revived and has been awesome with helping seed and admin. If we had more help or like 5-10 people to help seed in the beginning then there is a good chance we would have continued the hype on our server. 

And before you bring it up, which I know you will, I obviously admit to shitposting once in this thread. But I also admit that I was trying to come up with actual responses that were more or less original but that's pretty hard when you have thrown out so many suggestions in threads and VCs. Plus, it's pretty hard not to repeat what others have said, hence me mentioning somewhere in a response to Dominic that there have been tons of threads like this made in the past.

I already have "talked" with ZT about suggestions and what he has coming up. I'm having a hard time wording what I want without it seem like I'm attacking him, so I'll leave it as this: More effort needs to be put in from him. There are some plugins being worked on atm but afaik that's the only thing.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  283

this is a genuine question i’ve had for awhile about sg servers. i never asked it because i was both lazy and preferred to see other peoples opinions than give my own. 

my question really is around the idea that NA servers are dead. i see loads of people say this and use this as an escape or excuse. i myself don’t see this as the truth and see it as more of a stunt towards progression. 

i see other servers doing amazing like eGO with high pops in both ttt and jailbreak that is always consistent throughout the day. i myself play on these servers from time to time to just get a little feel on what the sg  servers were like. i see old regulars from our servers playing on these servers and just don’t see the excuse that NA servers are dead. maybe it’s just an exception or we just fell off but i do see a possibility even if the slightest ever to get pop again.

i just want a someone to elaborate a bit more on why “NA servers is dead” is a valid excuse. i dont get taken seriously much at all but i do want to see sg have some playerbase again. 

(from my understanding eGO is an NA server, if it’s not rip to my entire response)

• Like 7

• Content Count:  2167

1 hour ago, touchy said:

this is a genuine question i’ve had for awhile about sg servers. i never asked it because i was both lazy and preferred to see other peoples opinions than give my own. 

my question really is around the idea that NA servers are dead. i see loads of people say this and use this as an escape or excuse. i myself don’t see this as the truth and see it as more of a stunt towards progression. 

i see other servers doing amazing like eGO with high pops in both ttt and jailbreak that is always consistent throughout the day. i myself play on these servers from time to time to just get a little feel on what the sg  servers were like. i see old regulars from our servers playing on these servers and just don’t see the excuse that NA servers are dead. maybe it’s just an exception or we just fell off but i do see a possibility even if the slightest ever to get pop again.

i just want a someone to elaborate a bit more on why “NA servers is dead” is a valid excuse. i dont get taken seriously much at all but i do want to see sg have some playerbase again. 

(from my understanding eGO is an NA server, if it’s not rip to my entire response)

I've seen this "NA dead" argument but honestly I think it's completely wrong. Player hosted game servers are dead (in GO)

I remember back in CSS when SG was popping legit there were >15k servers on the master server list. You relied heavily on a community and shit.

If you plug https://www.gametracker.com/search/css/ into archive.org you will see stuff like this: https://web.archive.org/web/20100301232758/https://www.gametracker.com/search/css/ 12k servers on Mar1 2010.

---

KAMBzA8.png

CS:S had 43k concurrent players on Jan 2013

Game tracker archive on Jan 2013 showed 8.1k servers (https://web.archive.org/web/20130117080405/https://www.gametracker.com/search/css/) 814 pages x 10 per page = 8.1k

Today CSGO peaked at 877k

pTyI2XY.png

https://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?&searchipp=25#search 3.8k servers 

There are 19x more players playing CS, yet 2x LESS servers. Matchmaking is how people play, not playerservers.

The certain community you mentioned has historically always been more popular than SG. But the reality is that a lot of the community servers have contracted a ton in the last decade due to MM on various games. There were hundreds of jb_ servers back in Source, but now I see what, 20 tops?

Edited by jazzy

• Content Count:  617

6 hours ago, Chad said:

already have "talked" with ZT about suggestions and what he has coming up. I'm having a hard time wording what I want without it seeming like I'm attacking him, so I'll leave it as this: More effort needs to be put in from him. There are some plugins being worked on atm but afaik that's the only thing.

Hey man, voice your opinion on how you feel I won't take it personally. As for the"More effort" I can see why you would say that is I don't really consult with the chats on what I'm doing on the reg but if you would like to know I have been looking into 6 new maps a few new plugins, some player models, I have several events lined up for this coming month, etc. Along with asking the players of the community what they would like to see changed added and removed witch I might add instead of saying "oh just make me server manager and ill do it" reach out to me and lmk what you have in mind and ill see what I can do. If you would like to know more feel free to dm me on steam discord or right here on the forums and we can talk more.

(Also keep note that I do have a job and a family that comes first )

Edited by Zero Two

• Content Count:  1583

2 hours ago, touchy said:

It's a convenient and easy explanation for why servers haven't been faring well and why the work that's put in is the best that can be done. Unfortunately, it's not entirely true and incessant peddling of it by staff members and regs just encourages people to be complacent with leaving them empty.

There is very real things that can be pointed to and comparisons to be drawn that would explain the demise of our servers in particular but it's not really useful apart from demonstrating that our servers were not merely a victim of CS dying.

The question is whether people still have enough steam to get the servers into a state where pop can be maintained. In the past it's been normal for SMs to put in 3, 4, 5 hours a day playing and working on their servers, and for the supporting staff to do the same. This was for servers that had established pop and regulars.

It's not really anyone's fault of they don't have the time or motivation for it, but it's not useful for people to pretend they're putting in the amount of work that would be comparable to that of past managers or that they're pursuing success to the best of their abilities. Seeding isn't pinging the Discord or shoutbox twice a day until everyone mutes it. Seeding isn't sitting on the server but talking in Discord instead of engaging with players. I've not seen a great deal of changes introduced, explained, and hyped up by managers outside of changelogs. I've not seen managers often bringing most of their discussions to the forums to let players feel like they can facilitate change and that the servers are moving in a positive direction.

"CS is dead" is a myth, and if it wasn't, it's not useful to think otherwise - we're just sitting at our lowest point with 1/4 the HP we've ever had. The good news is that our servers are already established in a mostly balanced, unique, and fun state, it's just a matter of recollecting a community.

I don't mean to say we got this in the bag or that if people go nose to the grindstone we will definitely rebuild the servers, but it's tiring to see managers throw in the towel and repeat this useless and destructive meme.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

6 hours ago, Dominic said:

Make me server manager I'll have this shit bangin' in 3 days.

Assuming it’s a joke, but if you’re actually interested, send a PM. 

• Content Count:  4441

7 hours ago, Chad said:

Thank you for randomly bringing up our Squad server 16 days later after the most recent post. Instead of responding to his comment, which is related to this thread, you instead try to instigate us Squad players. What's funny is that you STILL have not contributed to this thread. Actually, I take it back. The only contribution you've done is your continuous shitposting. Seems like a common theme for you. I'm glad you are coming at us when we are trying to make a community in a game that already has its top servers and members that are attached to them. Obviously I'm not saying its impossible to get something, but I came to help in with a lot of disadvantages, which you wouldn't know since you don't play the game nor are apart of our team. At least I put the effort in (along with the squad admins) and got our server max pop for multiple days in a row for literally 6-8 hours each time. 

As for the decline, not only did I have finals for the summer classes I took coming up but we were getting burnt out. There was like 4 or 5 of us trying to play, admin, and change maps. We ran into some issues and had to manually set the next map before the current one ended so they got the maps they wanted. Steel would stay up for hours past midnight to help do that. Colrite came back from having COVID to still help. Bumm3r was revived and has been awesome with helping seed and admin. If we had more help or like 5-10 people to help seed in the beginning then there is a good chance we would have continued the hype on our server. 

And before you bring it up, which I know you will, I obviously admit to shitposting once in this thread. But I also admit that I was trying to come up with actual responses that were more or less original but that's pretty hard when you have thrown out so many suggestions in threads and VCs. Plus, it's pretty hard not to repeat what others have said, hence me mentioning somewhere in a response to Dominic that there have been tons of threads like this made in the past.

I already have "talked" with ZT about suggestions and what he has coming up. I'm having a hard time wording what I want without it seem like I'm attacking him, so I'll leave it as this: More effort needs to be put in from him. There are some plugins being worked on atm but afaik that's the only thing.

SG is on dire straits and seeing a server manager shit on another server, especially one you've supposedly have tried to help just makes me see you as not a person who's very mentally capable or mature, I mean this post you just wrote is so insane itself. It more or less explains why you didn't have success with JB, and with Squad and why you'll probably continue to do so unless you change ur attitude. You came into this thread dead serious as a server manager spouting shit about your generic Squad server, so you invited my comments about it prolly being one of 20000 & how it would be dead in a week. It unironically died in < a week too lol.  Servers like that usually do unless the community has good staff & with personality like you ofc it's not doing that well. Getting defensive and thinking I need/care about your huge explanation about the situation of your server when you're still in the Jailbreak section still is great though. You might inspire community members to help, care or get on ur servers if you don't act 12 year old on forums. 

JB needs more systems on it that layer what you can or should be doing, I made a lot of them conceptually with Dom/Deli/Moonlight & input from the community we had built and they were coded by Liam/Retro. One day if I get the time again to make my ideal version of Jailbreak I literally will go learn SourcePawn myself, get better at Hammer/Vscript & make it. 

I think that it's super obvious that the stuff that we had put on the server many years ago was not meant to be the way it was forever. I've made threads about this & others have too and generally speaking they were ignored. There was a clear shift in what we were trying to do by blending the deathmatch/freestyle Jailbreak server into something that still paid respect to doing different minigames & trying to lower the amount of administration needed, give new tools for dealing with griefing, automation and so on. This kinda shift kind of just ends though after awhile and a lot of people just manage like what you're doing with Squad where you're pretty much sitting administrating and switching maps, hosting the same odd event here or there. 

Any manager of JB is always welcome to reach out to me if you wanna chat shit about the server btw. I used to know every JB server from the ground up. I'll always be a fan of the gamemode. Junkie#9287 

16 minutes ago, Caution said:

Assuming it’s a joke, but if you’re actually interested, send a PM. 

3x

we cannot run this simulation again

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  927

7 hours ago, All Ts said:

SG is on dire straits and seeing a server manager shit on another server, especially one you've supposedly have tried to help just makes me see you as not a person who's very mentally capable or mature, I mean this post you just wrote is so insane itself. It more or less explains why you didn't have success with JB, and with Squad and why you'll probably continue to do so unless you change ur attitude.

You clearly see my intentions were to defend Squad, not shit on JB. But sure, flip the narrative to make it relate to your false point.

As for " It more or less explains why you didn't have success with JB," you were not around when I was SM. You LITERALLY have no idea of what you're talking about. I got promoted when JB had no active managers and was starting its decline. I came in and did a good job trying to actively do events each week, hop on and do fun rounds, map additions and removals, etc. Honestly, it aint even worth continuing because any comment you have about it is invalid. 

Right... the dude talking about changing attitudes yet was perma banned for years. The irony.

You came into this thread dead serious as a server manager spouting shit about your generic Squad server, so you invited my comments about it prolly being one of 20000 & how it would be dead in a week. It unironically died in < a week too lol. 

Who is the SM spouting shit about my "generic" Squad server? What the fuck does "generic" even mean? Man... please stop responding to me lol

Servers like that usually do unless the community has good staff & with personality like you ofc it's not doing that well. Getting defensive and thinking I need/care about your huge explanation about the situation of your server when you're still in the Jailbreak section still is great though. You might inspire community members to help, care or get on ur servers if you don't act 12 year old on forums. 

Nobody truly gives a fuck about your opinion. You cry all day on the forums and spew out the same shit without actually trying to change anything. You act like you're apart of the community yet you make it extremely hard to stand you. The funny part is that you actually say some smart shit sometimes but word it to make it sound you're egotistical or condescending. Take the stick your ass and type normally. And yes, I'm only entertaining you because it's comical seeing you get upset over me defending my server when you randomly tried instigating out of no where for no good reason. I don't hate you or anything but take a chill pill or whatever you need so we can actually have a conversation without you coming off like an asshole.

Reply to Thread