? servers

? players online

1v1 Server Interest

• Content Count:  1009

5 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Absolutely and utterly useless

I disagree, I think it overall looks better to see that we have players online, and to show that we are doing something to try something in our CSGO servers overall. Having players for a month is better than having no players at all. I mean quite literally I open the forums and I see maybe 20 players on max during the week, and it's mostly from our surf and bhop servers and the occasional jailbreak/retakes, you could make the same argument that they don't attract any players into the community, as people there just seem to come and go.

• Content Count:  216

18 minutes ago, Poke said:

I disagree, I think it overall looks better to see that we have players online, and to show that we are doing something to try something in our CSGO servers overall. Having players for a month is better than having no players at all

Yes, but what players? What players are going to be on our 1v1 server? A few regs that’ll play for a few days and never touch it again? From an outside perspective of a player who has no ties to the SG community, they will never join a 1v1 server that has 3, 4, maybe 5 players on it. As Dominic stated, it would have been a good idea when SG was at its absolute peak, but right now it wouldn’t do anything for the growth of our community. It wouldn’t populate, nor would it attract anyone to the SG website.

• Content Count:  5674

28 minutes ago, Poke said:

I disagree, I think it overall looks better to see that we have players online, and to show that we are doing something to try something in our CSGO servers overall. Having players for a month is better than having no players at all. I mean quite literally I open the forums and I see maybe 20 players on max during the week, and it's mostly from our surf and bhop servers and the occasional jailbreak/retakes, you could make the same argument that they don't attract any players into the community, as people there just seem to come and go.

I might respond more properly when I’m home, but your entire argument is based off the very bold assumption that the server will even get populated when we’ve done 1v1 for years and never seen any notable success from it from what I can remember. We’d also be assuming that yourself and the other people showing interest will have that interest and populate the server for anything longer than a week. 

I get your logic, might as well just have some players for a month. That feels like we’re giving up though. I’d rather find a project we can actually put effort into and potentially see real change because of.

• Like 2
Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  2206

I asked poke to make the thread as I can't justify to the rest of the Board opening a 1v1 server at this current time without at least having a thread that shows SOME kind of interest. 

From here this is my personal opinion and your welcome to challenge it. By no means am I making an official call.

I don't think a 1v1 server is good for us right now. I think its just another distraction that the effort put into building will not yield fruitful results. We opened a 1v1 server when our ZE was ranked 2, TTT/JB/FFA was in top500 and it still went bust. I know because I'm the one who built and opened it and it was mildly popular for a few days afterwards and then dead until we hosted some 1v1 events. Do I think it's a bad idea? No. Do I think it's worth throwing another server out there that has already proved to be a failing venture when we were in a much better position? No.

That being said, if we decided as a community to open one I am more than willing to put it together.

• Content Count:  819

2 hours ago, Poke said:

Would personally like to hear a board of director's opinion on this, as I have talked with kabLe about this before I made this thread, now that this thread is made, I would like to hear some more opinions from a higher ranking staff member. @Greggy G@Hawks

My honest opinion is that 1v1 is a fun casual game mode that unfortunately, unless you can prove me wrong. Would just be for our current player base. 1v1 is one of the servers I had a lot of fun on, but that being said I joined in during a time where there was a big 1v1 tourney happening and as soon as that tourney was over it went back to being 3-5 pop on average till it dwindled down to zero. Whether that be from neglect or what I don't know but that doesn't help convince me even though I like 1v1. 

I don't think opening up 1v1 in and of itself is a bad thing but, there needs to be a force of people driving it forward like we have seen with our other servers like TTT and JB as of late. With that sort of care and interest 1v1 might be something we can expend our resources for. Not saying that if there isn't enough support that I want to put a stake in the idea but, I would encourage and like to see a little more discussion and interest from more then the people responding in this thread. Getting a proper idea and vision of who is actually interested would be helpful in making an argument to bring it back. So far I see 11 people in this thread alone who would maybe play often enough to warrant its comeback but there is also the fair share of people who have brought up good arguments on why not to. 

What we have here is a good step here in the right direction to hash the pros and cons of 1v1 and I encourage others if they have any interest at all in seeing 1v1 come back this is the thread to start supporting it. 

But man I will admit. I'd like to fuck some kids up in 1v1 again.

• Content Count:  927

27 minutes ago, Poke said:

Seems to me like there's a lot of regs that want to do this, how about a possible MGT to see how much interest this really has? @Acer

Less than 10 is not " a lot." 

Doing an MGT is not going to give you any results on what the server will look like long term. Maybe some days here and there but the interest will die out fast like it did in the past couple years. It really is a waste of time and resources. That sounds super harsh but I believe its the case.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1009

34 minutes ago, Chad said:

Less than 10 is not " a lot." 

Doing an MGT is not going to give you any results on what the server will look like long term. Maybe some days here and there but the interest will die out fast like it did in the past couple years. It really is a waste of time and resources. That sounds super harsh but I believe its the case.

Doing an MGT is going to give you results about how many regs are interested, I guess we aren't looking at a permanent server anymore but I am more looking towards at least having this as an MGT.

• Content Count:  793

3 hours ago, Poke said:

Seems to me like there's a lot of regs that want to do this, how about a possible MGT to see how much interest this really has? @Acer

Currently I'm quite overburdened with tasks so I won't be able to set something like this up at the moment. I will discuss it further though because if someone has the time to do it its not the worst idea for at least a short term little server. It may or may not happen depending on how much time both Nishok has and whoever else is doing it, possibly @Zero Two if he wishes.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

I'm willing to level with you guys and extend a friendly offer.

I will open up a 1v1 server for the MGT. I will make it 24 slots and we will monitor it's progress as an MGT being open for a week or two. The catch is if I don't see the server full at least once, I wouldn't even give making a permanent server a thought. I encourage everyone who is interested to present some ideas for stuff to add to make it more fun and enjoyable to play.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread