? servers

? players online

1v1 Server Interest

• Content Count:  1009

4 minutes ago, lorax said:

The 1v1 server would definetely be fun, but it'd die out from the intital hype just like the execute server and all new servers including gmod and MC. I feel like if the 1v1 server for much longer didnt work, what would change now?

What would change now is that we'd learn from our mistakes and giving this server the proper care. Clearly adding cosmetics wasn't a good idea and having a dedicated staff team to actually help out is something that is necessary to keep the server alive, just like any other server, hence one of the reasons of making this thread.

The other points mentioned don't really seem that relevant, I do now know anything about a gmod server, nor do I think it will overall affect the performance of the server overall due to the server being on a completely different game, with a game mode that cannot be replicated as well on other platforms.

Edited by Poke

• Content Count:  927

Where was this interest before the server got shut down? You may have an itch for 1v1 atm but it's going to turn around and be what it was before. I don't think its worth the effort of getting the server back on the dedi and the unimaginative amount of effort that would have to be put into this server in order to gain traction outside our server just for it to flop. I know its terrible to say but as someone who managed it for months and tried to get it poppin, I don't see it happening.

• Content Count:  1009

Would personally like to hear a board of director's opinion on this, as I have talked with kabLe about this before I made this thread, now that this thread is made, I would like to hear some more opinions from a higher ranking staff member. @Greggy G@Hawks

• Content Count:  5674

Absolutely and utterly useless, sorry to be harsh and straight forward.. but that's the truth.

1v1 has been a thing on and off at SG since at least 2016. Never at any point have I heard of a regular staying at the community because of 1v1. Even if you do manage to populate it, it'll do nothing for the actual community. It doesn't bring in regulars, it doesn't bring in new donors, it doesn't do anything. Free dedi space at this point should be used for an absolute hail mary wherever we see fit, but one that can actually have something good come of it. ZRiot is worth more of a shot than 1v1. Competitive style servers haven't and will never do anything for SG.. at our peak perhaps we could've put a foot in the ground of competitive servers.. a few 1v1s, a few Retakes, a few deathmatches,  but now we can't and just putting one little server out there is absolutely pointless.

I can't justify this in my head.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  459

I really enjoyed the 1v1 server when people played it. Barely anyone got on before the server was removed, I loved the sever a lot, but eventually nobody had any interest to get on and play and it ended up empty for quite a while, I just have a feeling it'll sit like that again unfortunately. 

Reply to Thread