? servers

? players online

Mass Unban

• Content Count:  5674

Hello everyone,

The Board has been discussing routes to take in improving the state of the community. Obviously the biggest problem currently is activity on the servers, the forums.. across the board really. We all recognize that and are actively working to improve it. There's a lot of moving parts behind the scenes currently and a lot of exciting news to come.

On that note, a mass unban has been on the table for quite some time now. This was even a discussion when I was previously a member of the Board some time ago. Steam-Gamers has been racking up banned members for 15 years and has never done anything like this. This is by no means an ultimate solution to our problem, and has never been viewed that way. However, we 100% believe we'll see some returning players because of this, and that's enough for us.

So we'll be unbanning everyone who was banned prior to 01/01/2020. To put it in other words, everyone who was banned in the year 2019 or earlier. There are a number of exceptions to this, as we had an old and new 'Do Not Unban' list, but that's a very small amount of people. Let me be very clear on something though - this is not a clean slate for anyone. Anyone coming off of a permanent ban will not be treated the same as a first time offender, and will not be getting three chances like most people do.

This will most likely be going into effect this weekend, and we will post as soon as it's completed so you're all aware. We hope to see a lot of returning faces and hopefully this will aid us in restoring activity on our platforms. 

Thank you.

• Like 16

• Content Count:  498

unbanning people who haven't been paying attention to a community for almost 4 years doesn't really change anything, not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this but i highly doubt they'll be jumping out of their chairs when they're unbanned as they'll have no clue nor care. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  623

44 minutes ago, kuri said:

unbanning people who haven't been paying attention to a community for almost 4 years doesn't really change anything, not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this but i highly doubt they'll be jumping out of their chairs when they're unbanned as they'll have no clue nor care. 

Shhhhhhh, just grab some popcorn and watch, you're going to ruin it.

Edited by Pyro

Reply to Thread