? servers

? players online

Skyrim Q & A

• Content Count:  2105

You can try using some sort of paralysis on the person and then beating them senselessly. What mission is it in particular? I can help you out exactly if I know what mission it's for.

Not sure...the game runs fine for me on Ultra settings. You should try lowering some of the fade settings located in the advanced options settings from the Skyrim Launcher. From there hit the View Distance tab and try lowering a few of the sliders. It may or may not work. If not I'll look into an .ini tweak that should fix it.

Mission called Hired Muscle. I have to rough him up in whiterun.

Edit Found out how I just had to wait for him to come out side

Edited by The Godfather

• Content Count:  1465

How do you get more words for shouts? I have 4 or 5 shouts, but I can only use 2 (The one from the first dragon and one from the greybeards) of them because my character hasn't learned the words for the shout.

• Content Count:  64

How do you get more words for shouts? I have 4 or 5 shouts, but I can only use 2 (The one from the first dragon and one from the greybeards) of them because my character hasn't learned the words for the shout.

To actually get more words, you find them on word walls found in dungeons all over Skyrim. If you have shouts but can't use them, you need to unlock them in your magic>shouts menu using dragon souls you've collected (it took me a while to figure that out aswell).

• Content Count:  716

Every dragon you slay = 1 dragon soul

;638588']So if/when ju become werewolf, what advantages/disadvantages comes with it? What

even changes? Do ju lose ur ability to use weapons (demclawz), or are ju forced howling to the moon at night? lolol

Advantages

Your maximum health increases by 100 points, but does not regenerate.

Your maximum stamina also increases by 100.

You have a faster sprint speed (even faster than horses).

Wolves will treat you as an ally, and won't attack you.

Any Crimes you commit as a werewolf don't count against your "normal" self.

Disadvantages

You can't loot any corpses you slay.

You can't pick up or use any items you find. Since this includes keys, you may find your progress blocked in some dungeons.

You can't equip or use any of your normal weapons, spells, items, equipment, Shouts, or Powers. You can't even open the Inventory Menu.

Your large, hulking form may have trouble fitting through some narrow passages.

You can't speak with anyone, even your own Companions brethren.

Citizens of Skyrim are rightly terrified of you; some of them flee, while the battle-hardened, brave, or foolish stand their ground and attack you.

If anyone sees you transform to or from a beast, the transformation is considered a major Crime (1000 gold bounty in the area).

You can not become "well rested" when sleeping in a bed.

If you die as a werewolf, you die. You don't turn back into your human form to continue fighting.

Those are all the pretty much basic things of being a werewolf. There are other things of course like your increased strength. You can also only become a werewolf once a day (in-game time). And you are only a werewolf for a limited time. Although feeding on the residents of Tamriel will extend your bloodlust (lifeline basically).

• Content Count:  4960

Randomly putting this out here. If you want to become married you go to Riften and speak to one of the priests who hangs out in either their Temple of Mara or the Bees in for the 'Amulet of Mara'

1)The priest himself explains how it works. Pretty much it's just getting a permanent (and free) companion that can make you sammichs on demand. There are also extra benefits like if they sell stuff they can give you a 'share' of their gold (I think they make profit whether they're following you or at their (or your) home, size depending on how frequent you ask. I think you also get a "lover's company" buff if you sleep with them around you. Imo you should just marry ones that can accompany you on journeys.

-Aela from the Companions in Whiterun is an example of a spouse that can give you gold regularly and is a kickass fighter. She hurts with a bow and can do considerable damage with her tiny dagger, which I think you can replace/

-Companions that accompany you in your journey, married or not, are always worth having around and really have saved me countless times in tight spots but drawing aggro first or by helping me fight hard 1v1 enemies.

-Also don't worry about any companions getting lost on your way to a place. All you need to do is fast travel or enter a new area and they spawn with you once you're done loading.

2) Also, this is personal preference, but I personally don't use horses. That 1k gold you spend is better off buying houses for storage (cheapest in 5k in Whiterun, I think) or getting 'training' to level up quicker and be more effective overall. If you go with the early main quest and learn the Sprint shout from the Greybeards, you can pretty much spam it to get around (especially if you have an Amulet of Talos that reduces the cooldown by 20%)

-If you really want a horse you can try this: Outside Riften is the local horse stable. I think it glitched but I challenged him to a brawl, won, and all his belongings changed status from 'steal' to 'take.' THAT included the horses in his stable.

3) There's a shit load of things you can do before continuing with the main quest. I've only finished training with the Graybeards and killed the dragon interrelated to the quest regarding training and I'm level 21/22 with my specialized skills (Archery, One/Two Handed, Block, Heavy Armour, etc) in the high 50s plus I found about 2 or 3 (disregarding the main quest ones) Dragon Shouts. That's about half way to the max, and I've played probably more or less 1% of the main quest and spent at least 25-30 hours with other things.

4) I wouldn't buy things from the merchant early level. I still haven't bought anything past lockpicks and potions (always worth the money) because if you just spend time exploring out in the field you can get a crap load of great loot exploring dungeons.

-If you can find one of the Dwarven mines you can get a crap load of Dwarven heavy armour, but you need to play safe. Bring a companion along.

-For light armour, In dungeons I've come across Elven armour which is one of the best early light armour you can get your hands on.

5) Always, always, always try to get a sneak bonus anywhere if you're the type that also levels up their Archery. In my opinion bows are much more viable than sneaking with a dagger when you're trying to assassinate weak enemies. There's a point where you can literally one-2 shot lower tier slumbering nord zombies and bandits before they could get up. Play enough and they're obvious to pick out which one is a zombie among the corpses in the Dungeon's Hall of Dead. Not only do you save ammo, you save time.

6) No matter what class you're going for, imo you should always look to pick every lock and keep your lock level high. There are a lot of rooms/chests in dungeons that are inaccessible without lockpicking and you miss out on a lot of loot. If you're worried about losing picks, just save right before.

-Note: I think locks reset their sweet spot every time you quit lock picking.

7) I know this may sound surprising but you can save DURING fights. I'm not even kidding about it. It's really damn useful to have a save when you're trying to clutch fight a giant or dragon that you can go back to and plan your next move every time you make a mistake and lose the fight.

8) On that note, don't try to fight giants early level. They one shot you into space.

-One thing I have to say though is that there are points in Skyrim where you can kite a giant (or equivalent) by luring them to one of the city watch towers (or equivalent) where they can't enter through the small doorway. At level 5 I lured two giants (and their mammoth) outside Whiterun to Whiterun's local watchtower and kited it at the doorway. That's also an easy way to get a mammoth tusk for one of the quests in Whiterun.

There's a lot more info I've amassed but I'll type in next time I'm not bored or busy not playing Skyrim.

• Content Count:  11723

As of now, my sword and shield are pretty bad.

Any dungeon or shop that have a sword and shield that are pretty good?

My sword has like 10+ no more than 20 damage so its pretty bad.

• Content Count:  2668

Depends. What kind of sword do you have? Two-Hand or One-Hand?

• Content Count:  2942

If you do the main questline you eventually get to unlock Sky High Temple or something along those lines, there are The Blade's armor and shield in there. The Shield is pretty decent and as for a one handed go to the Dwarven looking city that starts with an M, I cannot remember the name of it, Markath or something along those lines.

Go to the Abandoned house, there should be a guy there, he will ask you to go inside with him, follow him, you will go deeper into the house and find a shrine to a demon God pretty much, you will be asked to kill the guy with you, do it. Then you will need to go find some priest that the God wants to kill because he keep blessing the shrine keeping the God away. He was captured (the priest) so you need to go rescue him, after doing so return to the house, then when you go back into the house the priest will be there, follow him. He will get locked in the shrine and you will need to kill the priest. After doing so the God will give you a kick ass one handed mace. It does for me right now with like a 91 one handed skill 53 Damage, it does 25 Stamina damage as well as 25 magicka damage and if you kill the person in less than 3 seconds you harvest their soul which goes into a soul shard. I've been using it ever since.

• Like 1
Edited by Cromyth

• Content Count:  1116

-One thing I have to say though is that there are points in Skyrim where you can kite a giant (or equivalent) by luring them to one of the city watch towers (or equivalent) where they can't enter through the small doorway. At level 5 I lured two giants (and their mammoth) outside Whiterun to Whiterun's local watchtower and kited it at the doorway. That's also an easy way to get a mammoth tusk for one of the quests in Whiterun.

There's actually a Mammoth Tusk on top of a shelf in the bar you get that quest from, it isn't very hard to steal and can be used for the quest without any issues.

Reply to Thread