? servers

? players online

Skyrim Q & A

• Content Count:  2942

newfag here-

Where is the imperial faction?

Their main city and where their leader is.

Solitude and the hold where the Jarl is. If you look at the map it should say the name of it once you discovered the city. It's some bitch I know that.

• Content Count:  490

Are you a wizard?

Joking aside, How do you fill the greater soul stone or what they are called it with greater soul stone?

Every time i look in my inventory, it says its filled with petty soul/common soul.

• Content Count:  269

Are you a wizard?

Joking aside, How do you fill the greater soul stone or what they are called it with greater soul stone?

Every time i look in my inventory, it says its filled with petty soul/common soul.

I'm assuming kill a bigger being, maybe a human, or even a giant. I have never really tried.

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPfMPkbvBwY&feature=related

• Like 1

• Content Count:  716

Are you a wizard?

Soul traps will always look for the smallest available empty soul gem it can find and fill that. The larger the soul the creature has, the better the gem it will require.

2) Also, this is personal preference, but I personally don't use horses. That 1k gold you spend is better off buying houses for storage (cheapest in 5k in Whiterun, I think) or getting 'training' to level up quicker and be more effective overall. If you go with the early main quest and learn the Sprint shout from the Greybeards, you can pretty much spam it to get around (especially if you have an Amulet of Talos that reduces the cooldown by 20%)

A way I got a free horse was from a quest in Riften. I don't remember the guys name but he will complain about trying to buy the horse "Frost" from one of the Black-Briars. But before the deal was finished the Black-Briar was arrested for murder. Once you get to the end of this quest, if your persuade is high enough you can keep the horse, and get payed a large sum of money on top of that. I also know there is another horse you can obtain for free but I have not done it yet (horse is Shadowmere). Although personally being a werewolf I can run faster than a horse as is.

8) On that note, don't try to fight giants early level. They one shot you into space.

[video=youtube;Oso_mmhvm-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oso_mmhvm-Y

Also I love how you can save during fights now. It gives you either the chance to save yourself, or fuck yourself over royally.

I have amased 45 hours of gameplay so far (I think I'm either a level 32 or 33) and I just got my smithing to 62 (it's finally starting to become a bitch and super expensive to level faster). But honestly I have spent almost no time at all on the main quest. I did the same thing with Oblivion.

• Content Count:  716

Question: Do you need to play Oblivion before you play Skyrim? Or does it not matter?

No, but you will hear a lot of references of things that happened in that game. A LOT. I would still recommend playing Oblivion since to this day it's one of my top 5 favorite games.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread