? servers

? players online

Implied no crouching

• Content Count:  1799

While this may be your opinion, this is not how the rules are set right now and if you want a change done with this either make a rule suggestions thread or speak with your JB server manager. Again, and ill explain it more detailed apparently, in the rules it clearly states THIS

Meaning, if you take one step out, not "Crouch walk out of your cell, face the back and freeze" type of step, but a literal foot step of which you are not to be crouch walking then you should not be crouched when you are done and being frozen. No need to get into these dumb specifics of "one step means a step either crouching, shift walking, jumping or just straight up walking" This sets you up for failure when it comes to administrating as it become a LOT more fucking obnoxious to deal and explain a rule in which basic people can understand without needing to read the rule page of this.

I don’t even think you understand what the original post was trying to get at. Freezing literally has nothing to do with enderspines original post. It’s about if it’s implied to NOT crouch when told to “take a step out and freeze.” If I am told “take a step out and freeze” all I HAVE to do is take a STEP out of my cell and then no longer move. The more you imply procedures during an order the more complicated everything gets and most definitely “sets you up for failure when it comes to administrating as it become a LOT more fucking obnoxious to deal and explain a rule in which basic people can understand without needing to read the rule page of this.”

Again, I reiterate my statement, a STEP is a STEP whether I do it when I’m crouched, walking, pooping, or whatever and nowhere in the Definiton if Freezing does it go into specifics of the type of walk. If I take a step crouched over and then stay like that, then face my cell and freeze, I am still FROZEN.

• Content Count:  452

I don’t even think you understand what the original post was trying to get at. Freezing literally has nothing to do with enderspines original post. It’s about if it’s implied to NOT crouch when told to “take a step out and freeze.” If I am told “take a step out and freeze” all I HAVE to do is take a STEP out of my cell and then no longer move. The more you imply procedures during an order the more complicated everything gets and most definitely “sets you up for failure when it comes to administrating as it become a LOT more fucking obnoxious to deal and explain a rule in which basic people can understand without needing to read the rule page of this.”

Again, I reiterate my statement, a STEP is a STEP whether I do it when I’m crouched, walking, pooping, or whatever and nowhere in the Definiton if Freezing does it go into specifics of the type of walk. If I take a step crouched over and then stay like that, then face my cell and freeze, I am still FROZEN.

Your argument of "a STEP is a STEP whether I do it when I’m crouched, walking, pooping, or whatever" is misleading. For starters if a CT gives an order of "All Ts take one step out, face the cell, and freeze." and in turn a T crouch walks out of the cell, faces the cell and freezes. The mere fact the T crouched out of the cell in an attempt to "take one step out" constitutes delaying, which warrants a warning shot. That clip clearly shows it’s implied not to crouch because Enderspine was the sole T to crouch, review the clip and you will see. The clip also shows Enderspine was NOT crouched before the order was given (https://gyazo.com/2314ef5a46cf57d574252dd85475de4d). The order was given at 4 seconds into the clip, and Enderspine wasn’t crouched till 17 seconds. The clip shows Enderspine was unable to follow the order as given, and in response was punished with a warning shot. This is a prime example of someone skating around the rules. Enderspine is attempting to use crouch walking to substitute a standing step. They aren’t the same, because no matter how much you want to say they are they aren’t! If they were the same there wouldn’t be any differentiating factors.

• Content Count:  418

Your argument of "a STEP is a STEP whether I do it when I’m crouched, walking, pooping, or whatever" is misleading.

How?

"All Ts take one step out, face the cell, and freeze.".

This order doesn't specify how to take the step. Nowhere in the rules does it say that in the absence of being told how to move, that you're restricted to running while standing. If you can add 'crouchwalk no jumping' to the end of every order that sends Ts somewhere, I think you can add 'no crouching, no jumping' at the end of 'Take a step out and freeze'.

• Content Count:  1799

Your argument of "a STEP is a STEP whether I do it when I’m crouched, walking, pooping, or whatever" is misleading. For starters if a CT gives an order of "All Ts take one step out, face the cell, and freeze." and in turn a T crouch walks out of the cell, faces the cell and freezes. The mere fact the T crouched out of the cell in an attempt to "take one step out" constitutes delaying, which warrants a warning shot.

No it doesn't.

• Q- What is considered detouring/delaying?
  • A-
    Detouring or Delaying is when a prisoner doesn't directly follow the order given, but isn't blatantly disobeying.

To make that easier to understand, it would be considered detouring if the Ts are told to go from their cell, to big cage and a T takes steps towards medic. Delaying would be where the Ts are told to take one step out, and the T is still standing in his cell.

As Minus Said...

This order doesn't specify how to take the step. Nowhere in the rules does it say that in the absence of being told how to move, that you're restricted to running while standing.

If you want to be very meticulous and specifically have all the Ts be standing instead of crouched then you can definitely say it. As long as the T fulfilled the order within a timely manner then that would not warrant any warning shot.

That clip clearly shows it’s implied not to crouch because Enderspine was the sole T to crouch, review the clip and you will see. The clip also shows Enderspine was NOT crouched before the order was given (https://gyazo.com/2314ef5a46cf57d574252dd85475de4d).

I never even talked about the clip in the first place because I'm discussing the basis of, if the order, "All Ts take a step out of your cell and freeze", does it imply that all the Ts be standing outside their cell. But if you're going to say that simply because all the other Ts did it, mean it implies that's the correct way to do it, is a dumb argument that I hope you understand without me having to explain. Also Ender, seemed to have simultaneously stepped and crouched down which would still mean that he's allowed to do that so long as he stay crouched for the remainder of the order.

This is a prime example of someone skating around the rules. Enderspine is attempting to use crouch walking to substitute a standing step. They aren’t the same, because no matter how much you want to say they are they aren’t! If they were the same there wouldn’t be any differentiating factors.

The fuck are you even trying to saying? I'm most definitely not saying that crouch walking is the same as a standing step. I'm definitely saying that a STEP while crouched and a STEP while standing is still a....

STEP

therefore, it does not warrant any warning shot and is fulfilling the order that is.. "Take a step out, face the cell, and freeze"

Edited by Manny
Yes

• Content Count:  697

This discussion is kind of stupid and doesn't really warrent a thread but we are past the point of no return so let's hopefully end this to a close.

I feel that how the current system that is in place is that someone should just not crouch while taking a step out a T is supposed to do the order as swiftly as possible so they should be running and should freeze. Pretty simple anyone who purposely crouches out of his cell just so he can crouch freeze is not the brightest in my opinion just follow the orders instead of trying to find exceptions and sparking uncessary arguments that have gotten out of hand. If they crouch walk out I feel like they are baiting for a warning shot just so they can argue rather than genuinely playing the game. If you guys are really annoyed or can't reach a proper compromise just give a different order lol.

• Content Count:  5377

This discussion is kind of stupid and doesn't really warrent a thread but we are past the point of no return so let's hopefully end this to a close.

I feel that how the current system that is in place is that someone should just not crouch while taking a step out a T is supposed to do the order as swiftly as possible so they should be running and should freeze. Pretty simple anyone who purposely crouches out of his cell just so he can crouch freeze is not the brightest in my opinion just follow the orders instead of trying to find exceptions and sparking uncessary arguments that have gotten out of hand. If they crouch walk out I feel like they are baiting for a warning shot just so they can argue rather than genuinely playing the game. If you guys are really annoyed or can't reach a proper compromise just give a different order lol.

Exactly this.

I'm really not sure what your intentions with this one were ender, but, this feels eerily similar to threads that you have made in the past where you take a small situation and blow it up into a much larger issue than it needs to be. I understand your play style as a T leads to a lot of these situations as you tend to twist and edge the technicalities of any rule you can to your advantage. That's not inherently an issue at all; the issue is the way in which these issues escalate. I'm not saying that you can't ask questions or make suggestions for rules that you may not understand or that you think don't make sense; I'm just saying that sometimes it's better to let the small stuff go instead of pressing the issue until instead of a molehill its a mountain.

• Content Count:  3740

The order "take one step out of your cell, face your cell, and freeze" implies to do exactly that, and quickly. So yes, you can say that no crouching is implied in the order unless the order was worded otherwise.

This order is as old as some people in this community; it's almost always the first order given by CTs at the start of the round and is meant for guards to do a quick roll call on the prisoners, check for weapons, and establish control off the bat. Being 'cute' with this order will get you warning shot as a prisoner more times than not because again, the guards are trying to establish early control and impose their authority. Doesn't matter how strict, lenient, or kill hungry a guard is--this is historically the most strict order in JB.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

So is crouching not a step or is crouching just technically delaying?

I don't really care but no one seems comfortable enough to say. It doesn't say anywhere that not crouching is implied when taking a step out and I don't see how crouching helps someone in this situation. Would make more sense for me to see someone say that he was delaying rather than that not crouching is implied, because it isn't implied. There were people in that video who completed the order after Enderspine did who weren't crouching. Despite how dumb and petty this whole thing looks just wanted to point that out.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread