? servers

? players online

New Forums Suggestions

• Content Count:  1061

On 8/24/2020 at 4:57 PM, GhostTitanium said:

Is it possible to extend the recent / popular posts sections? I really enjoyed how on the old forums you could just scroll to the bottom and see the like 15 most recent replied to threads. I feel the current amount shown here is not enough and makes it harder to find interesting topics.

:bump: cuz I agree. I really miss this feature.

• Content Count:  3294

27 minutes ago, Crawfish said:

:bump: cuz I agree. I really miss this feature.

There are some posts I miss, but if I really feel like I haven't seen some posts you can click on the little newspaper icon and "Unread Content" at the top right of the page and it reads similarly to the old forums. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

Currently, it's impossible to see who is on the various teams outside of CA+/Team Leaders because when you click on a role at the bottom of the forums (seen below):

spacer.png

You only see the people with that rank as their primary role. This change/fix (I wouldn't call this a bug so to say, just something that never really got touched on?) would allow for transparency of who is on what team, and if someone needs to contact a certain member of a certain team, they can see their list of people they can contact. An example of this would be someone wanting help with a JB event suggestion, and they wanted to see who on the event team was also a JB admin+, so they went to try and see who is on the events team, but wouldn't receive a full list. 

Whether it be fixing this convoluted method of searching for a rank or adding to the staff page, I think it would be good to add a full list for the teams instead of only being able to see members with their team role as their primary rank. 

• Like 3
Edited by phoenix_

• Content Count:  2668

Before retiring this thread, I wanted to go through everything and make sure what can be/should be done now is done and comment on specific suggestions. If you have suggestions going forward, just make a thread for it in the Suggestions Box.

On 9/5/2020 at 10:58 PM, Cept For Her said:

ability to edit shouts <3

On 9/5/2020 at 11:06 PM, TheZZL said:

and delete them... also shoutbox archive?

On 9/6/2020 at 12:45 PM, Trazz said:

Don’t believe people should have the ability to delete their own shouts unless we get an area that automatically stores then. Not wanting anyone to try and be slick by posting a shout breaking the rules then quickly deleting it. 

As for CA+ being able to delete it, that was removed from them because people were abusing it by deleting others shouts that were not breaking the rules and there was no place that would store them. So if someone broke the rules, you deleted the shout, no record of it would appear and they could not be properly punished. 

With the current shoutbox we have, we won't be adding the ability to delete or edit shouts except for Directors. On vB, shouts and edits/deletes were logged and we don't have that luxury anymore with this shoutbox. Just like with discord, we don't like to permanently delete shouts and posts without a logging system in place so we can go back and review anything when needed. Like the logs, the shoutbox archive on vB was built into the shoutbox plugin and isn't present in our current shoutbox. We'll look into ways we could implement these in the future though as it was a lot more convenient to manage.

On 9/5/2020 at 11:14 PM, Amazing said:

Also delete posts instead of having a CA+ do it for you.

Unfortunately this won't be added due to the way the new forum works. On vB, when someone deleted their post, it was just a "soft delete". We also used soft deletes when we deleted posts. By using soft deletes, the posts were pretty much logged and were still available. On this forum though, soft deletes aren't an option. It's either a hard delete (which makes it unviewable later) or hidden. Hiding a post is similar to soft deleting, but requires moderator access so it's not feasible as a public function.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:08 AM, Trazz said:

When editing a post whether it be your own or someone else's, have it display the bbcode. Much easier to edit that way. 

On 9/14/2020 at 10:15 PM, Dom said:

It would be really nice to have the ability to preview posts again. It helps a lot with formatting events. 

bump, this would still help a lot with seeing recent posts

The editor doesn't use BBcode or need it. Posts can be previewed using a button on the far right side of the toolbar. Posts are also made as they are shown in the editor, so there isn't really a need to preview.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread