? servers

? players online

New Forums Suggestions

• Content Count:  2162

16 hours ago, euro said:

Forums look good overall but I feel like the margins need some fixing. IMO everything looks a bit cramped and some of the text wrapping looks a bit awkward which might overall be because of the font size. 

Such as here and the latest posts column

spacer.pngspacer.png

It's a bit straining on the eyes and overwhelming because of how big everything is, especially the forum section. It might be my own bias because I'm used to the old forums. I don't want to go comparing to other forums either but if you compare it to other sites, SG's sizing is really big and hard to read and scroll through.

spacer.png

Just quoting cause same feels, but also making the events feed only show 3-4 events will help with scrolling down to see latest posts, as well as making it so latest posts show 2-3 lines maximum so you dont get giant boxes of text to scroll past. Would just make it a little easier to scroll the sidebar overall.

Edit: Would also be cool is new posts for the same thread were stacked like old forums, instead showing every new post regardless of a similar thread popping up

• Like 2
Edited by Cept For Her

• Content Count:  958

I feel like recent posts should only show the most recent post from that thread so that you dont have multiple posts from the same thread clogging it up. the members list at the bottom would be a lot better if it was in alphabetical order as it would be much easier to find people.

edit: also a forms page with a link to all the available forms would be cool. I know the old forums had one that either wasnt used much or no one knew about but it could be really helpful to add it back so you dont have to search through threads to find what you need.

edit 2: add most recent post per subforum back on the right side where the avatars are https://imgur.com/gallery/s6XatSF (mobile view if this helps)

• Like 3
Edited by Dom

• Content Count:  568

10 hours ago, TheZZL said:

Either this, or put the birthdays into the calendar.

I actually like this idea more than just having who's is today so if you're missing out on a day you can still wish them a happy birthday.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread