? servers

? players online

2020 Q3 Report

• Content Count:  568

29 minutes ago, Steven. said:

we got good players

not to flex or anything but he was def talking about me 

But like you should come join us so I can blame Creten more and call Janseen gay with you there to witness it.

• Content Count:  903

Love the idea of a quarterly report with updates of what's going on in a more general view, if this is a result of the BD poll about the meetings a bit ago or just it's own separate thing, it's still a great idea to keep everyone informed with what's going on now and some of the plans for the future to give people things to look forward to.

• Like 1
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  3150

7 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Discord is a tremendously powerful tool in terms of player recruitment and retention. Splitting of any community is likely to be detrimental in the long term :(

As you said, its a powerful tool...you'd be surprised how much you can string multiple discords together ;)

• Content Count:  903

36 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Discord is a tremendously powerful tool in terms of player recruitment and retention. Splitting of any community is likely to be detrimental in the long term :(

I gotta agree here, I'd think instead of having the community split on a case by case basis (by games or other reasons) to avoid clutter would end up doing more harm in the long run as people that dedicate themselves to that area will most likely end up just staying there if they came from that game and don't want to take the time in truly "joining" the community, in turn separating themselves from the main community discord. (UNLESS it is kept extremely close to the main discord which was said but I don't know at the moment how that would be done effectively) 

I'd think that instead of having a separate discord, cleaning up the layout of the current one instead of and having all topics related to "Games" together, giving them their own section based off what game it is would add more area's of the discord without cluttering it too much since you could look at what game topic you need then see if you need the chat for it or announcements regarding what server you're looking for etc...

Having a "Community" section instead of merging everything else into "Other" would give people more clarity when they need to find a certain topic in the discord, (Suggestions, Questions (Questions could go in the Information tab at the top but it would work here as well), Event's and Meeting chat + any other related chats/topics that involve the community as a whole would go there.

Just some idea's (not critiques)

Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  3728

Ah, we have a bright future ahead of us...  can't wait for us to expand to GMod TTT.  :kappa:

In all seriousness, we're definitely moving forward as a community and with all the things that are planned for the future we're more than likely moving into the right direction. There's a long way ahead of us but with the current staff I definitely believe we will be able to succeed as a community. Keep up the good work guys! 

• Content Count:  5055

On 10/15/2020 at 3:51 PM, fantastic said:

Along with other sources of revenue (new donation tiers, etc.) having a set pool of money before we launch a game enables us to keep that server going for as long as possible without financial worries. 

Looks like I'm gonna need to do more $200 donations then :money:

• Like 3

Reply to Thread