? servers

? players online

Age in admin apps

• Content Count:  565

Simply asking why exactly do you need put your real life age in admin applications? Is age a factor when applying for admin or it's just to give staff some background info on the applicant(if the latter, isn't better to trust the logs)? I'm not arguing for the removal of age but just curious why age is required while not optional especially when you guys have access of steamid which include public chat logs, activity, and ban records that give staff hints of the applicant past/current behavior as well as personal experience with the applicant.

• Content Count:  275

I don't think I've ever really think or even look at the age of the applicants what amtters is how th interact with others and the standards they hold. 

Now correct me if I'm wrong you don't really have to answer it cuz i can think if 3-4 examples of people just putting 0 most recent i think is thuxys

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

I mean nothing is stopping people from lying on admin applications about their age (or anything for that matter). 

If anything it can put a player's action and attitude into context based on their age, i.e someone being an immature asshole because they're 13 or someone who has their shit together because they're 22. Not saying either of these are always the case, but sometimes it provides perspective. 

• Content Count:  1105

personally I used to look at the age when I was able to vote, if a applicant said that they were 13 and acted very mature for their age that just gave me more of a reason to support them. But on the other hand there was some 20 year old acting like a child and throwing tantrums then i’d be more likely to reapply. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  819

I gotta agree with Steven here I use age to gauge whether or not a person is mature or not. For me it can easily put you in the support or reapply category. I have supported older individuals and younger individuals as low as 12-14.

But this goes out to any body, any age going for admin or any level of staff. Talk to the ones above you. Ask a CA where to improve if you can't get approved. You might be trying to fix the wrong problems and asking a simple question like "where can I do better?" Can go miles for you.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  793

To not get into a large story about how one of the smartest and most mature person I've met was a 14 year old programmer solo coding and managing an entire 5k+ member gmod community, age is not a definer but if you don't know the person it can help you gauge them.

In my mind at least, you can be like 12 for all I care as long as you are admin material.

Edited by Acer

• Content Count:  3287

On 10/27/2021 at 12:17 AM, Acer said:

To not get into a large story about how one of the smartest and most mature person I've met was a 14 year old programmer solo coding and managing an entire 5k+ member gmod community, age is not a definer but if you don't know the person it can help you gauge them.

In my mind at least you can be like 12 for all I care as long as you are admin material.

There's always exceptions. You can't tell me that every 12 year old you've met has been like this tho. maybe 1 out of 100.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread