? servers

? players online

Eclipse

• Content Count:  1634

Hey what’s up it’s Strayyz,

Yea this is a stepdown post. After all the ups and downs, streams, events, tasks, and meetings it’s finally my time. Holy shit that’s corny, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that this place played a part in making me who I am today. I genuinely can’t believe the paths of redemption I took here and I really wouldn’t think I’d ever be anything more than an annoying and idiotic reg in 2018. I truly thought my time with staff at SG was over in 2020 when I originally left. But because of the value someone saw in me as a staff member, they gave me the chance to come back, and I eventually earned back the trust to try this whole staff thing over again. Once I returned I kept working to prove that person was right about me, and I hope I did. Now that leaves us here I guess.

Through my 4 years here I’ve met so many unique people, friends, and memories I’ll probably never forget about all while ending up being a completely different person had I not join in the process. If you told me all these things before connecting to a random jailbreak server on a csgo community browser out of boredom, I would probably laugh in your face. It’s been about 2 years since I made that original post of my departure from staff after some mistakes, and wow a lot of things happened in that time. I even got to know and befriend so many people that said they didn’t really know me back in that thread which is crazy to me.

My simple goal as staff here was really just to help this place out in whatever I was able to do for as much as possible. But life eventually catches up wether you like it or not, and you eventually lose interest in what you have been enjoying for so long. With irl stuff becoming more overbearing, and having less and less free time. On top of balancing college, sg, work, and my own personal interests at the same time, a step down was overdue. After holding off on stepping down since September it’s been getting to be too much as time passed, and I’d rather spend my decreasing amount free time on something else than volunteering as staff.

But yea I am going to miss it, from all the banter and conversations in higher up gen, charity streams, meetings, and gossiping like school girls whenever a promotion post around the corner. I truly enjoyed working with everyone and I had a blast. Thank you guys for making my time here 10 times better.

I wish SG all of the success that I know this place has the potential to achieve in the future now that I’m not going to be able to majorly contribute as staff anymore. I have faith that it will return back to an even bigger and better community sooner rather than later with all of the hard working staff that we have here already.

Thank you to everyone I’ve had on this journey before and during my time here as staff. Now as I fade into the background phasing into retirement I hope to meet some more of you and continue to make new memories along with the great people I’ve already met so far.

It was a pleasure SG and I’ll be seeing you all in 2 weeks o7

• Like 42

Reply to Thread