? servers

? players online

People on ct side should have mics?

• Content Count:  824

Like the situation drip originally gave about CT’s abusing chat to confuse, there is a reg (won’t say the name), who has a mic but has even said they choose to now give orders through chat because it’s ez kills. I feel like this is what drippy was referring to, which I don’t get how its punishable @delirium

Edited by urpalerp

• Content Count:  1920

Im somewhat torn on this, On one hand some people can't afford mics and some people just don't want to use them but still want to play ct, on the other hand, the majority of ts don't read chat orders and complain when they are killed for not obeying them.

- The "can't afford" argument really isn't valid anymore. With most people playing on $600+ laptops and computers, it's not really a strong argument that someone can't afford a mic such as this for $4 from their local Walmart.

- I can see both sides of the argument here. I personally think it is best to be inclusive and allow people without a mic or those who have one and don't want to use it to play CT because they can still give good orders. It comes to the fault of the Ts not being observant and ignoring chat if they get shot. There's also the issue of more mics = more people trying to give orders on the mic over each other. BUT, at the same time, there are plenty of instances where I think where if someone were to not have a mic they should be disallowed from CT. More recently (without naming names) there are people who will bind their orders to keys and just use the same ones over and over no matter the circumstance, and plenty of times where two CTs will end up unintentionally conflicting one another by one giving a mic order and the other giving a chat order. This causes confusion leading to situations including but not limited to: CTs arguing who's order is valid, Ts getting shot for following the 'wrong' order, a CT getting frustrated for being conflicted with, etc. People such as [insert name here], who have a mic and chose not to use it will knowingly use this system to their advantage and play the innocent card anytime they get called out for it.

- While I think the current way we have things may need a little tweaking to lessen the confusion, I think allowing people that don't have a mic to play CT is still the best option as it will make our servers more inclusive to everyone who may come and go.

• Like 2
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  391

Mics should be a requirement to join CT. It's 2019 man, if waffle house and uno are able to have mics then most people should have no problem obtaining a mic.

For the sake of less inconveniences and more stability to the server and how it's orders are supposed to be given, mics should definitely be a requirement to join CT, without a doubt.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

Mics should be a requirement to join CT. It's 2019 man, if waffle house and uno are able to have mics then most people should have no problem obtaining a mic.

For the sake of less inconveniences and more stability to the server and how it's orders are supposed to be given, mics should definitely be a requirement to join CT, without a doubt.

How would we be able to enforce people having mics? Having an admin manually ask every CT to speak seems pretty tedious. Banning chat orders would be unreasonable as if 5 CTs were all talking over each other the only reasonable way would be to give orders via chat.

• Content Count:  1009

I’ve been thinking about this for a bit, and maybe it’ll help the fact that there aren’t 10 CT’s yelling over mics. But how this would work would be:

The first (x) about of CT’s that type !fo are only allowed to give orders.

If a CT dies that took one of the !fos it goes in in a random order that can be discussed with the JB team and what not.

This would combine the “warden” idea, a long with somewhat keeping the !fo command but with a different purpose.

Admins can decide on if the player has a mic or not, and move it on to the next player or whatever.

This idea is clearly really vague but maybe after some discussion it can be more easier to decide.

But I do think to give orders, it would be nice to have a ct with a mic.

Edited by Poke

• Content Count:  449

In my opinion, if it becomes enough of a problem that people with mics are using chat orders to attempt to gather more kills then there might be some need to modify some rules.

However, I just wanted to add a personal anecdote to the argument of why cts should NOT need a mic to be on ct side. When I first joined on the servers, I had a mic, and I always played CT side. The thing is that I was insecure about how squeaky my voice was so I just never talked on mic and always gave orders in chat. I even set a bind for a popular order at the time that was "all ts crouch walk to soccer no jumping, be in a goal face the back of the goal and freeze". Eventually, I would use my mic and give orders that way, but in my opinion to allow for people that were like me I would prefer that cts keep the ability to give orders in chat, and also considering the harassment that some of our players give people that have "squeaky voices" on our servers it would serve as another reason why people use chat orders.

But, as I said above if people are abusing the ability of them to give chat orders in order to gain more kills there may be change needed.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1619

I've always been in favour of mics only for CT. Especially now when most laptops have them installed and a mic or headset really isn't that expensive anymore.

I'm quite uncomfortable with my voice, but I still use mine to communicate in game.

• Content Count:  3294

I've always been in favour of mics only for CT. Especially now when most laptops have them installed and a mic or headset really isn't that expensive anymore.

I'm quite uncomfortable with my voice, but I still use mine to communicate in game.

In my opinion, if it becomes enough of a problem that people with mics are using chat orders to attempt to gather more kills then there might be some need to modify some rules.

However, I just wanted to add a personal anecdote to the argument of why cts should NOT need a mic to be on ct side. When I first joined on the servers, I had a mic, and I always played CT side. The thing is that I was insecure about how squeaky my voice was so I just never talked on mic and always gave orders in chat. I even set a bind for a popular order at the time that was "all ts crouch walk to soccer no jumping, be in a goal face the back of the goal and freeze". Eventually, I would use my mic and give orders that way, but in my opinion to allow for people that were like me I would prefer that cts keep the ability to give orders in chat, and also considering the harassment that some of our players give people that have "squeaky voices" on our servers it would serve as another reason why people use chat orders.

But, as I said above if people are abusing the ability of them to give chat orders in order to gain more kills there may be change needed.

To re-state and sum up: Microphones are affordable and people have access to them, it just comes down the peoples preferences and insecurities. I don't think we should be restricting people based on that. I only know of one person who utilizes chat orders for "ez kills", and no one likes them anyway.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  590

Was actually thinking about this, and this only pertains to admins, how would we enforce this rule? Do we look for people who don’t have mics and switch them to T? Are people just not allowed to give orders in chat? If you don’t have a mic on CT, are you just there and can’t give orders but you’re still allowed to play CT? If anybody has an answer to these questions that’d be great.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  391

You don't have to be actively enforcing this. If there were ever a case where the mic'd up CTs had died and left a couple of CTs that aren't able to give order on mic, then you would just swap them there or something along those lines.

Reply to Thread