? servers

? players online

People on ct side should have mics?

• Content Count:  3294

You don't have to be actively enforcing this. If there were ever a case where the mic'd up CTs had died and left a couple of CTs that aren't able to give order on mic, then you would just swap them there or something along those lines.

Here's a scenario! There are thirty people online, 10 CT's, and 20T's. Five Ct's have mics, five do not. If the mic'd Ct's die, we shouldn't just end the round. If anything, implementing an order command that displays the order like !fo would be our best bet (Abuse reported and harsh punishments).

Also btw: Ct ranks

• Content Count:  1987

I would say for this to give a command for CTs to use for a chat order so it becomes more noticeable. People who don’t have sub or vips chat orders are not that noticeable but if their order was displayed in a noticeable way then that’d be easier on the Ts to follow. One bad thing I see from this is a potential spam but if it gave a delay or limit then maybe it can work.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

This is one of the issues that I can't come up with a half decent solution for, so I'd love to see if anyone creative has anything in mind.

On one hand, chat orders suck and most players don't pay attention to them. I have to go out of my way to remind fellow or opposing Ts to read orders in chat over comms. That's right - you need a mic for chat orders to be effective, ironically.

On the other hand, our server often struggles with maintaining a strong amount of CTs on certain maps. These non-mic CTs play an important role in enforcing the orders that other CTs give; to remove them from CT would cripple the server.

I suppose restricting chat orders in ways that would stop them from interfering with rounds, but not leave them powerless when all CTs with mics are dead would be the best way to go about this. Disallowing Freedays from being given through chat, and having Mic orders automatically override chat orders are possible implementations that would cut down on havoc caused by chat orders.

Saying that you should always be looking at chat is sort of a shit excuse, in my opinion. CTs need to keep their eyes on Ts, secrets, etc. just to enforce properly and remain safe. Ts are also usually too busy following orders or keeping up with what's going on and looking for chances to rebel. For a good, but not comparable/perfect example, try going on TTT and seeing how many bodies you can ID consecutively before anyone bats an eye. No matter how important or useful it is to look at chat, most players simply won't.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  111

Was actually thinking about this, and this only pertains to admins, how would we enforce this rule? Do we look for people who don’t have mics and switch them to T? Are people just not allowed to give orders in chat? If you don’t have a mic on CT, are you just there and can’t give orders but you’re still allowed to play CT? If anybody has an answer to these questions that’d be great.

Well, how about you cant take FO without a mic?

Because there is no point.

I don't see the reason other than if all cts are screaming and shit,

but other then that, not much there.

Edited by Racc

• Content Count:  113

A “solution” I’ve been thinking about is simple voice over chat precedence. My main issues with chat orders are when myself or others are giving voice orders, a chat order is given during a voice order, and some Ts start to follow chat order while others follow voice (and Ts spam “OH READ CHAT READ CHAT” if the chat order is more beneficial to Ts). An example that I can think of involving myself and @TheZZL occurred a couple weeks ago. I was giving orders over mic with ZZL for Ts to be in pool so we could do a head count, and another regular CT (who I believe is the CT who purposely gives chat orders to confuse, as mentioned above by others) gave a chat order for Ts to go to soccer pitch. Half the Ts started running to soccer, while half stayed in pool, and the unnamed CT started warning shot/killing the CTs in pool (while ZZL and I were still giving orders). Scenarios like this one could be made completely irrelevant if there was a rule that all voice orders take precedent and are considered valid, and the chat order is considered invalid when both are given at the same time.

Additionally, as @Gentoo mentioned above, freedays shouldn’t be allowed to be given over chat. I fully support what he said about that. Just like above, there is a constant issue with CTs giving valid voice orders, and some dingus gives a chat order for freeday, mucking up the round for 30 seconds while Ts get freekilled for not following the voice order when CTs don’t notice the freeday in chat.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  927

I think that anytime a CT types in chat that their font be increased. This allows the fellow CT's and the T's to have an easier time being able to read the chat/make their eyes be more inclusive to reading it. Since the chat can get flooded, it will make those who don't have a mic/don't wanna talk not feel like what they say is ignored simply because nobody wants to read chat.

• Content Count:  908

Lately I've been seeing certain people abuse chat orders to "farm kills" even though they have a mic. They used to use their mic but no longer do just so they can increase their KD.

In my opinion chat orders are for,

a. People who don't have a mic

b. People who Are scared to talk

c. People who Don't feel like talking

• Content Count:  1009

I keep seeing more people day by day following this trend of stop using their mics on CT and using chat orders for their KD to be boosted. Yet whenever told to use their mics, they say no.

With this trend arising, I've seen more free kills, more conflicting of orders, and more chaos on JB.

Yet I still can't think of a solution to this.

• Content Count:  1103

I might as well put my opinion in here.

I think its fine for people without mics to play CT, people have done it before and it has worked out fine. Normally these people know that the Ts might have not seen their order and repeats the order in chat.

What I don't think is okay is when people purposefully make chat orders to confuse or when they have a mic but don't use it to get more kills and cause more confusion or make vague chat orders.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread