? servers

? players online

Valorant scrims

• Content Count:  168

I've seen some private discord valorant scrims and I would like to see sg start a valorant scrims where the top 2 highest ranked in valorant are captains and pick players, maps, and bans (for maps)

I would gladly be in charge of starting the scrims as I see myself play valorant a lot and have the time to mange it. We should start a valorant scrims early in the game as I don't see many valorant scrims for the public and I'm sure it will become a popular scene where people want to tryhard and improve without the ranking system burdening them.

• Like 5
Edited by phoenix_

• Content Count:  594

Valorant Discord but SG? 

You'd have to get lucky with the random people joining as the valorant community can be quite toxic and for players trying to get better through scrims it would somewhat demoralizing, we have @PHNXas a prime example for both. It would be fun to have scrim events more often or a tournament (Although tournaments have just not been a good idea in general except for most SGSLs) As for what I see there are a handful of valorant players from SG because from the outside it just seems like a CSGO and Overwatched mashed together with a very small map pool and it being too repetitive.

For people who like the game its the point of just tryna to get people together at the same time as school and work still goes on, overall not a bad idea but it would just be very hard to pull off because unlike cs scrims where you can just join other sg servers and try to get people on or steam message your friends, its now on the point of who wants to play valorant at this time and who can I ping on discord that could possibly be on and willing to scrim, cause as of right now there is no Valorant role or channel to get people that want to play valorant together.

@Trazzi hate you

• Content Count:  168

I understand@Mikey. but some ideas i have are sg discord section for valorant scrims and you get pinged specially for valorant scrims like we did for sgsl if we don't have daily scrims its alright but as you can see valorant is going to be big like csgo and valorant is still in its early stages and i feel like we are missing out on this opportunity,  there can always be trial and error where we find the right person who can volunteer at  certain hours to host servers and mange the toxicity in the server.  (And some rewards can be small amount of points in public raffle based on time played in scrims)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  594

It would most likely a lot of work to give any type of rewards for playing in the scrims because there is no real way of how to count the hours your are playing and no way to use the raffle points unless you go on a CS server. So as far as regs go the rewards points could work but for anyone else who doesn't play cs that much anymore or at all there is no incentive for them joining besides to just play the scrim.

To always have someone on that's trusted to host the scrims isn't gonna happen cause if people want to scrim they are going to get people together whether someone "trusted" is there or not, which that in itself makes it harder because you don't know how people are going to be once the game starts and that in itself would make it hard to moderate unless you have two trusted people on each team to see who is not allowed to play in the games anymore due to toxicity, as for moderating it would become a lot of work for CA+ on discord and if random people are how they are it might be harder for a partnership with discord as the chat isn't gonna be watched 24/7, as if it stayed just within the community yes this could be a semi decent idea but the idea of getting random people in seems a bit far fetched for it having a channel and role because I think the risk would be way greater than the reward. The community for valorant can be more toxic than league and thats just how I see it.

@Hawks @Acer i'd have no problem putting up rewards for a tournament if its possible :D

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1469

On 3/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, Mikey. said:

It would most likely a lot of work to give any type of rewards for playing in the scrims because there is no real way of how to count the hours your are playing and no way to use the raffle points unless you go on a CS server. So as far as regs go the rewards points could work but for anyone else who doesn't play cs that much anymore or at all there is no incentive for them joining besides to just play the scrim.

To always have someone on that's trusted to host the scrims isn't gonna happen cause if people want to scrim they are going to get people together whether someone "trusted" is there or not, which that in itself makes it harder because you don't know how people are going to be once the game starts and that in itself would make it hard to moderate unless you have two trusted people on each team to see who is not allowed to play in the games anymore due to toxicity, as for moderating it would become a lot of work for CA+ on discord and if random people are how they are it might be harder for a partnership with discord as the chat isn't gonna be watched 24/7, as if it stayed just within the community yes this could be a semi decent idea but the idea of getting random people in seems a bit far fetched for it having a channel and role because I think the risk would be way greater than the reward. The community for valorant can be more toxic than league and thats just how I see it.

@Hawks @Acer i'd have no problem putting up rewards for a tournament if its possible :D

Would just have to have people answer in a discord channel that they want to play, prioritizing people on VC. If there are any toxic players, they can be filtered out through a report system on the discord. Then when the game finishes people post their match history screenshots and you put the scores(Rounds won, player KDA, ETC) onto a spreadsheet to keep track of player stats. There doesn’t always have to be a reward like 10 dollar steam card or something, people play for fun and the joy of it. 

Also, waiting for that league in-house discord so that I can flame the shit out of you every game

• Like 1

• Content Count:  870

2 hours ago, Takuto said:

Would just have to have people answer in a discord channel that they want to play, prioritizing people on VC. If there are any toxic players, they can be filtered out through a report system on the discord. Then when the game finishes people post their match history screenshots and you put the scores(Rounds won, player KDA, ETC) onto a spreadsheet to keep track of player stats. There doesn’t always have to be a reward like 10 dollar steam card or something, people play for fun and the joy of it. 

Also, waiting for that league in-house discord so that I can flame the shit out of you every game

Dont they filter out swear words and shit like League in valorant, unless your talking about mic?

• Content Count:  200

3 hours ago, Technoblade said:

Dont they filter out swear words and shit like League in valorant, unless your talking about mic?

there is an option to turn that filter off in the settings. its client side only.

Reply to Thread