? servers

? players online

Reintroducing AO!

• Content Count:  819

14 minutes ago, Cept For Her said:

Although i tend to disagree on the whole idea of IA and SM combined, I see that its a move to simply just dumb down the rank structure of the community. 

My main reasons for disagreeing is that some people don't want to have to deal with IA shit and some dont want SM shit, but to be completely honest, they should at least understand and be able to handle both sides of that coin due to the position they are in. 

I am sure you will see certain AOs' take charge of the affairs and on goings of the community but yes they should at least be able to handle these tasks when need be, and I am sure it will prove beneficial to the most the AOs'.

4 minutes ago, Cept For Her said:

One question I do have with the rank change is that since AOs are now allowed to handle ban appeals once more, does this mean that they will also be handling/weighing in on "permanent' ban appeals, or is that being solely left to the BDs similar to a couple of years ago?

BD+ will always have a say in cases of permanent ban appeals but AOs' who understand the situation could chime in and add to the discussion of the ban appeal similar to the way IA was. We want to keep AOs' in close relation to the BDs' and doing this should be no problem but ultimately it would be the BDs' weighing the information from AOs' and the appeal to make the final call of the appeal.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

This is obviously my own opinion, and I am not calling anyone out or trying to disrespect anyone, let me make that clear first.

I think the rank merge was a good idea, as we are cutting down the amount of servers we have, and trying to simplify our rank structure, but I think the rollout on this was wrong. I think AO being rolled out would have been better paired with the rank that replaces CA, Community Representative or whatever it was going to be called. I feel like it would have made more sense to divide the current (well, former) SMs into Community reps and AO respectively. The people in CR would be the first batch, and the next batch would be elected. 

I don't know, I guess there's just some names I wouldn't particularly expect, nor trust with the powers of SM + IA, but again that's my own personal opinion. 

Speaking of, where is the rank/ranks replacing CA? From what I heard, unless I am remembering wrong, that shit was near ready to rollout at a recent community meeting (idk, @BoM was leading the meeting <--- in terms of time frame of the meeting)... so what happened to it? Did it get scrapped? I know you guys are doing a progressive rollout and maybe I'm being too critical but just my own thoughts ig. 

• Like 1
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  1559

I don't agree with the change. First, because there are some people in SM who just aren't IA ready, myself included, and second, because now you are quite literally forced to be an IA and SM, you cannot join either one.

16 minutes ago, Phoenix_ said:

Speaking of, where is the rank/ranks replacing CA? From what I heard, unless I am remembering wrong, that shit was near ready to rollout at a recent community meeting (idk, @BoM was leading the meeting <--- in terms of time frame of the meeting)... so what happened to it? Did it get scrapped? I know you guys are doing a progressive rollout and maybe I'm being too critical but just my own thoughts ig. 

I don't think this is happening anymore, BDs can correct me if I'm wrong (not firing shots but we have not got any communication).

• Content Count:  11501

7 hours ago, 20 scrolls said:

I don't agree with the change. First, because there are some people in SM who just aren't IA ready, myself included, and second, because now you are quite literally forced to be an IA and SM, you cannot join either one.

I don't think this is happening anymore, BDs can correct me if I'm wrong (not firing shots but we have not got any communication).

Why would you not post your opinion in the thread made a week and a half ago in the SM section where we asked for y’all’s opinions? I don’t have an issue with your opinion whatsoever, but being a higher up and posting this in the announcement section instead of in the thread where we actually asked for your opinion is pretty lame. 

• Like 11

• Content Count:  6465

Interesting. A feeling of nostalgia to this.

Thinking on it more, I did like the decision to separate the role into two parts. While there's certainly people who can do both with maturity and capability, it limits upward growth in the community to a requirement for both. Many people fall into the two categories to varying degrees, but you limit yourself the possibility of having good mature management by forcing responsibility of servers, and you also limit your quantity of valid individuals by how many servers you have.

While simpler in terms of ranks, it stunts growth of a mature/capable leadership team. I think many other ranks warrant squishing down into one rank, but I rather liked the decision to have this role into two equal ranks, with differences that allow more people to qualify and fulfill leadership positions.

• Like 1
Edited by XeNo

• Content Count:  2342

there's not enough drama in the community anymore with things ramping down to warrant an IA team. I like this change. it keeps things simple, lean, and reflects a community that's trimming the fat in order to grow again. not entirely sure how someone can be brought on as an SM without having people skils and being able to deal with drama and people issues on the server. SM is more than just being a server monkey, so the argument that people aren't ready for IA as SM is moot imho

• Like 8

Reply to Thread