Jump to content

? servers

? players online

Reintroducing AO!

Recommended Posts


  • Content Count:  819
  • Joined:  04/16/20
  • Status:  Offline

Reintroducing: Administrative Officers

 

As most of you probably noticed, some changes have been happening around the discord and forums. We want to reintroduce the return of AO to our staff ranks.

 

What is AO?

 

AO is a combination of Server managers and Internal Affairs officers. AOs' will be responsible for managing their own assigned servers and work with each other to ensure the servers are being taken care of. They will also be in charge of handling the Internal affairs side of the community.

 

Full list of responsibilities is as follows:

  • Verify that servers are operational
  • Reboot Dead/lagged Servers
  • Assist in training new admins
  • Search for new maps for all servers
  • Upload maps to the servers and fast download sites
  • Edit map lists & rotations
  • Handling and resolving admin complaints, player complaints and ban appeals
  • Handling admin disputes as they arise
  • Moderation of the Forums and Discord

 

 

Who is in charge of AO?

 

AOs' will be working directly under the President/Vice President and Board of Directors. 

There will be no Manager role for AO.

 

 

What happens to IA/SM?

 

The Ranks will essentially be consolidated into AO, and the respective members of each rank will be moved into AO.

 

Welcome your new AO team!

@20 scrolls@ThRza@Asher @Charliere @Chad @Damon @Dominic @Dreamz @kabLe @TheZZL @thuxys @Valk @Zero Two

 

 

  • Like 18
Link to comment

  • Content Count:  3150
  • Joined:  02/28/10
  • Status:  Offline

Not the worst idea. Weird not giving them a manager (or two) though. The way AOs used to be left to basically run the community when we had low BD numbers (and no VP) eventually created an AO vs BD mentality. That mentality hasn't 100% faded all these years later with X group v BD, but it's definitely been worked on at the very least. I hope there is an active group (more than one person) above the AOs working with them closely more than once a month or you may find yourself in the same AO v BD situation in the future.

Link to comment

  • Content Count:  1010
  • Joined:  01/14/19
  • Status:  Offline

So, why exactly was this change made?

 

The direction of the community and the end goal is no longer clear with half of the board team either changed or gone, so in a regular's perspective we really have no idea what the plan is. @BoMdid a really good job with transparency and what his ideal SG looked like. I haven't seen much of that from anyone else, just changes without any reasoning behind them.

Edited by Poke
Link to comment

  • Content Count:  1654
  • Joined:  04/17/17
  • Status:  Offline

1 hour ago, BoM said:

Not the worst idea. Weird not giving them a manager (or two) though. The way AOs used to be left to basically run the community when we had low BD numbers (and no VP) eventually created an AO vs BD mentality. That mentality hasn't 100% faded all these years later with X group v BD, but it's definitely been worked on at the very least.

We did have a conversation on whether or not the AO team should be given a manager but we decided that as of right now there won't be one and that the BD's will have a more direct line of communication and role in guiding and helping the AO's. The idea of having an AO manager is absolutely not off the table and can be brought back if we feel the current way isn't working but we hope it doesn't come to that.  

 

1 hour ago, BoM said:

 I hope there is an active group (more than one person) above the AOs working with them closely more than once a month or you may find yourself in the same AO v BD situation in the future.

That's the plan. 
 

6 minutes ago, Poke said:

So, why exactly was this change made?

 

The direction of the community and the end goal is no longer clear with half of the board team either changed or gone, so in a regular's perspective we really have no idea what the plan is. @BoMdid a really good job with transparency and what his ideal SG looked like. I haven't seen much of that from anyone else, just changes without any reasoning behind them.

Seriously? I would have understood why you'd ask this if you didn't keep up with the forums often but you literally read the Rank Restructuring thread released over a week ago where our plan and reasoning behind these changes are laid out. I genuinely cannot tell if you wrote this purposefully to make us out to look bad but we did exactly what you claimed we didn't in terms of transparency. The only thing I suppose needing clarification would be our 'end goal' as that wasn't mentioned in any recent thread because we didn't feel the need to clarify on something that has practically never changed. Its always been to grow our CSGO servers and branch out however we can with the clearest lines of communication throughout our staff ranks, hence these latest changes. Also, half of our BD did not change. We had 2 people who stepped down due to their own personal reasons and one person join it to fill in some of the gaps. That's it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

  • Content Count:  2162
  • Joined:  11/26/16
  • Status:  Offline

Bold move cotton

 

Although i tend to disagree on the whole idea of IA and SM combined, I see that its a move to simply just dumb down the rank structure of the community. 

My main reasons for disagreeing is that some people don't want to have to deal with IA shit and some dont want SM shit, but to be completely honest, they should at least understand and be able to handle both sides of that coin due to the position they are in. 

 

52 minutes ago, Greggy G said:

The idea of having an AO manager is absolutely not off the table and can be brought back if we feel the current way isn't working but we hope it doesn't come to that.  

Taking this as a simple "If we have the right person for the position, it will get filled, depending on the effectiveness of the current system".

Personally I believe having an AM isn't really there to babysit the AOs, but more just someone there with knowledge and experience to help out with SM related shit when problems arise (I get theres the TAs, but a lot of the stuff people can't figure out is sometimes just simple .cfg files). As for having an AM for IA related stuff and to watch over the SMs, really not too needed, as the BDs will always have more say in those IA related matters.

 

One question I do have with the rank change is that since AOs are now allowed to handle ban appeals once more, does this mean that they will also be handling/weighing in on "permanent' ban appeals, or is that being solely left to the BDs similar to a couple of years ago?

 

Overall, just glad there's acknowledgement of a problem, and some effort being put in to save the community.

Edited by Cept For Her
Link to comment

Reply to Thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...