? servers

? players online

It's Not Really Goodbye, Afterall

• Content Count:  958

4 hours ago, lynxie said:

this is the saddest post i think i'll see in my life time at SG and that i'll see for awhile (excluding roux post)

you're such a huge staple to SG, gone or not you'll forever represent SG and you've always been so respectable and just a great guy

sad to see you leave, have a great time switching careers! wish you the best in life!

he don't know you lil bro 😭

• Like 5

• Content Count:  8754

8 hours ago, Gator said:

See ya around buddy.

I won't tell Prez you said I was a better VP 🤭

Revenga did it better

Thanks for everything JC. I could write for days on how much impact you've had here and on my time at SG, but I'll keep it short and just say I'll never forget everything that you've done here and the effect that it has had on me. 

EDIT: Also, congrats to both of you Revenga/Dominic. You're both extremely well suited for the jobs and I know you have the community's best interests at heart. Best of luck.

• Like 1
Edited by Prez

• Content Count:  1984

Bye caution I still think about how u clocked me as autistic long time ago and ended up being half right. Thanks for running this place while u were at it and having this space for many people to create memories. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

2 hours ago, miche said:

Bye caution I still think about how u clocked me as autistic long time ago and ended up being half right. Thanks for running this place while u were at it and having this space for many people to create memories. 

nah i said aRtistic

• Content Count:  5674

I was gonna write 'impeached, lol' and just leave it at that but I've been here for 7 years and haven't ever seen an opportunity to tell you thank you, so I'll take it.

Funnily enough, each and every time I've resigned it's been because of you. When I first had CA, you pulled me into a channel and yelled at me for snitching on @All Ts, then I got upset and resigned. When I first had AT, you got into a fight with me and @All Ts over admin application requirements, then we all resigned lol. Then when I first had BD, you wouldn't let me promote @Dongto admin so I resigned. Then you banned me. Then you came to my house and threw a molotov through my window and burned the whole thing down. But despite all of this, my opinion of you never changed. I kept coming back not only because I love SG but also due to my respect for you. But yeah.. you still definitely pissed me off and I still definitely did my fair share of shit talking lol.

And while I remember all of those instances, it's not what I remember most. What comes to mind is you messaging me on Slack and asking if I wanted to be on the Board, you messaging me asking if I wanted to be AM before that, you pulling me into a channel after 'the great stepdown of 2018' and asking if I wanted to return as AT / IA, you pulling me into a channel in April of 2018 when the divisions got introduced and offering me a chance at AT, and me getting promoted to the Board and seeing all the instances in the past where you've argued on my behalf and vouched for me moving up. I appreciate all of those chances. I especially appreciate when you chose me over GCC when they demanded I be removed from my position because I called iCamp's girlfriend a bug.. that's a good one.

And I also remember all the funny moments. Like you and @Prez pulling me into a channel after I got BD and explaining to me what the Oxford comma was and how I had to use the 'shit sandwich' method for all of my posts going forward. Or you showing up to one of my first CA meetings and saying to @XeNo 'holy shit, Dominic is a fucking higherup, what are we doing?'. Or all those times I followed you onto Jailbreak because I was worried about what you'd do but then ended up laughing too hard at the loopholes in the rules you were finding to care. Or getting on PayDay 2 with you, @roux, and @eXtr3m3 and following all of you around like a jackass because I had no idea what I was doing. Lots and lots of good memories and enough stories to last a lifetime.

I appreciate all the advice you've given me over the years, essentially mentoring me on more occasions than I can count, and putting up with the baby bullshit here and there. I've always had a lot of respect for you and when I say that being at SG has taught me so much, a lot of it has come from you. Leadership skills, concepts about dealing with people, methods about addressing backlash, so on and so forth.. things I continuously carry with me. And while it would mean I lose this shiny yellow glow that flashes across my name, I genuinely hope you return very soon and take up your old position. Steam-Gamers won't be the same without you around, and thank you endlessly for continuing to finance this place despite the situation we're in and despite you being away. 

I'm sure we'll be in contact regardless but best of luck with your endeavors and I hope it all works out in your favor.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

1 minute ago, Lucid said:

@Caution

Have you ever explained where your profile pic comes from? I remember back in the day I thought that was actually you, lol...

I was adding @Determined2Winon Facebook and there was a guy with the same name as him, and this was his profile pic. I then made a Facebook account and reversed the image of the old guy then added him with his own pic lol

• Like 3

Reply to Thread